1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198025211160 Rwars'ish (SR SCAMMER)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Rwars'ish, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwars'ish

Rwars'ish New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32472716
    steamID: Rwars'ish
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:32472716
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025211160
    customURL:
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198025211160

Reason: Trade went wrong, and I scammed Aldaran out of two scraps. (He wanted a Syringe and readied the trade before hand) At the time I had a poor choice of judgement and decided to go to sleep. I did not unfriend him, I simply did not care.

Relative to the amount in my BP, this is brutal to be black balled in the Steam community.
    This is my first offense, and hopefully this will be taken lightly.
    If not I guess that sucks for me.
  2. Rwars'ish

Rwars'ish New User

Steam:
    Sorry I messed up the title It should look like this : 76561198025211160 (SR SCAMMER)
  3. Aldaran

Aldaran New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36988709
    I post the following for consideration by the mods and admins here:
    • This individual was given close to 24 hours to hand over my strange weapon or metal before I reported him to SteamRep. Throughout this time period, I sent multiple requests that were ignored up until the last conversation, see attachment. Furthermore, during this time period when these requests for my item were sent, he was playing TF2 and bumping his trades, actively ignoring me.
    • Throughout this whole ordeal, even now that he posts his appeal, he has not once added me or attempted to return my metal. *Please don't add me now that I've pointed this out, if you have to wait for someone to point out the obvious.
    • While the amount in question may seem silly, a scam is a scam.
    Based on his behavior, I'm confident that he's only posting here because a SR Scammer tag would hinder his ability to trade. Otherwise, as he himself claims, simply would not care.

Attached Files:

4. Scooty Puff Jr.

Scooty Puff Jr. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34050552
    Scamming is scamming and you even admitted to it. On top of that, you even said on that you were scamming on the screenshot.
  5. Rwars'ish

Rwars'ish New User

Steam:
    In any Crime there are many parts, Mens Reas and Actus Reas.
    I did not show the intent to steal scraps from random people as they f✿✿✿ up trades.
    I understand, but when i made this trade, it was not in the intention of scamming.
    Given the opportunity to profit 2 scraps was neither beneficial for me or anything.
    I trade honest, and I told him that I couldnt care enough to trade him back, but at the next day, I neither had the S syringe or the 2 scraps, but now i do.
    If he wants, I can give him his 2 scraps. The problem is that, He has unfriended me, and not I.

Knowing the conditions of both traders, he couldn't care for the 2 scraps, and would much rather have me banned.
    The point of a Bann is not as a punishment or retribution, but as a rehabilitation, returning what was lost rightfully to the owner.
    The reason why I wish to fight this bann is because it puts me on the same level as the people who scam hundreds of dollars in paypall chargebacks and other whhack s✿✿✿.

This is an honest mistake, I neither scam on a full time basis or anything of this sort.
  6. Rwars'ish

Rwars'ish New User

Steam:
    Apologizing for a petty crime should not justify a bann, this is double standards.

What if I did not respond to him at all? My sentence would be lighter.

This black and white thinking should be reconsidered.
  7. Aldaran

Aldaran New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36988709
    This is my last input into this matter, but I don't think it's right that this individual continues to lie to the SteamRep Staff about this situation. Just two quick points.

The following is the strange syringe this individual was going to give me during the trade:

http://www.tf2items.com/item/817906032

It was the only one he had, and he has it at the moment of this posting. As a matter of fact, he has had it since May 4th and it still has zero kills. To claim he didn't have it at the time is clearly a lie. Furthermore, he has over 290 items in his backpack. Even if he had sold his least valuable stuff, such as the paint, he would have able to pay back what he owed, whether it was in the form of metal or a strange weapon.

If you honestly believe that what you did was an "honest mistake", I'd hate to see what you consider a regular mistake or a scam for that matter.
  8. Rwars'ish

Rwars'ish New User

Steam:
    Oh wait it is in my bp, ight i f✿✿✿ed up.
    KK ill toss the S Syringe with a rec then for me lying.
    I stand corrected for this mistake.
  9. Rwars'ish

Rwars'ish New User

Steam:
    I was unaware that i Still had it.
  10. Rwars'ish

Rwars'ish New User

Steam:
    Using a slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy; simply stealing 2 scraps is unequivelant to scamming someones backpack or unusual.
    The difference is refusing a serious plea for their item back. Thats a different person than I am.
    Ight, so we wait for a SR Admin to work out a reasonable solution.
  11. ѕ n α к e :D

ѕ n α к e :D New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:48257648
    You pleading to be freed because of 2 scraps. IT was a STUPID idea in the first place, u were even given 24hrs to resolve what u had done. There is not much hope to win ur freedom ( Aldaran) is right. Even 2 scraps can end u in jail, bad choice my friend, bad choice ...
  12. CubiZm

CubiZm New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38015285
    You may not have shown the intent to scam in the beginning, however; as the screenshots suggest, you definitely showed the intent to keep the scraps afterwords.
    Its the same thing as stealing something IRL, although you may have put an item in your pocket unknowingly and walked out of the store, you had no intention of going back into the store to return it.

It's despicable how some people would jeapordize their rep over just a few scrap.
  13. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
    Regardless of whatever Latin you picked up from Wikipedia, you had the chance to give the scraps to Aldaran or otherwise make the trade right.

And now you're just a piece of s✿✿✿:
    steamID: Jorgen
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:53992457
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198068250642
    customURL:
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198068250642

steamID: Mushroom1
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:49830759
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059927247
    customURL:
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198059927247

Appeal denied.