1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Obtaining information from an archived thread report

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Roudydogg1, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    I am a moderate member in the SteamRep community, I admin a fairly large trading server community, and although I've never done much posting or reporting on SteamRep, I find myself spending hours upon hours on SteamRep and in the forums learning all I can and becoming more aware. I cannot count the numerous hours I spend on SteamRep, and tonight is no exception.

I found myself on the page of a marked scammer, and upon viewing the thread which was active in 2012, I learned a lot about tf2 price spreadsheets and learned a lot more about that specific report.

I was so intrigued in that report, because I don't really know much about spreadsheets, and I was hoping to know more of the specific report in which a SteamRep staff stated that he was not at liberty at that time to disclose any further information on the case. I had hoped to add him to see if I could poke his brain about what he remembered from that rather large report, but he has been inactive for some time.

I guess the easiest way to word my question is, given the inactive status of one of the SteamRep staff member who had further information on that report, has that information been archived somewhere and is it at all possible for me to view that information somehow?

I'm sure that sounds like a silly question or one with an obvious answer, but I'm just so intrigued about this report and what it was about, and I'm so interested in becoming more knowledgeable about that case, and about something I was enjoying learning about for the first time. I thought I'd ask :)
  2. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    It would help if you linked the thread so we know what you are talking about.
  3. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Guess you didn't understand. He can't find the thread, but might help to link the steam ID at the least.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I guess you mean DataStorm, and the case regarding the TF2 Spreadsheet was if I remember correctly about that the owner of it was profit using his own spreadsheet to make profit. He got marked Scammer for that. The weirdest thing I remember from that case is that he stated that he ran 6 adverts on the page to pay for his hosting costs.... while blogspot is free..... ( http://tf2spreadsheet.blogspot.nl/ ).

I do hope most ppl moved over to different PC's, like http://backpack.tf/pricelist/spreadsheet which can be used as a rough guide on the price, or go to OP or other trading sites to see prior trades and such.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    The second part of the question, to view the data of the case, is open for associated comm's. sometimes we have it SR only, but on cases we can show it to a CA. (as we require transparency on CA's, we have to be as transparent as possible to them as well)
  6. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
  7. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Yessir, I was referencing that staff member, and I was referencing that incident, but wanted to be discreet about what information I sent out straight off the bat. :)
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    any information that is already publicly available may be referenced. Its only sometimes that we record information that is not available per default, and you cannot quote or w/e that anyways. So while I have to be careful to no spill the goods, you do not have that problem.
  9. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:

So am I to understand by your response that what is publicly visible on that thread is all the information that there is about that thread, and that there is nothing more that can be read about it?

If that's the case no problem, but I'm just making sure I read you correctly! :)
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    What currently is public, will stay public, any interested party may read it...

We may have internal notes or more information, but that can either be already accessed by CA's ( ~80-90 %) or requested info for by CA's to SR admins if they want to know if SR admins had notes that aren't visible to CA's either.

The reason we keep those in private forums is because often those contain information that should not be published, where admins have access to in the backend etc. That is not for the public for various reasons. Sometimes its for protection on the informer, or information from sources we cannot cite.
  11. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:

Fair enough! Thanks for all of your answers.