1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

[OLD] SourceOP Has Closed its Trading Forums

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Dr. McKay, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Dr. McKay

Dr. McKay FirePowered Owner Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23071901
  2. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    SteamRep Head Admin Council will look into this. However, please notice that SourceOP has no admin/green tags on SteamRep.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    ReignBro likes this.
  3. DARKLY | Jakk

DARKLY | Jakk New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44479885
    Garrett and ReignBro like this.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    FP?
  5. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    FirePowered Gaming from what I can see
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I would say that removing a associated community isn't something you can do over night as I would be wrong. I recall Diego removing WA which used to be EE from SR in the matter of 22 minutes and some few seconds after something I said to him - apparently he didn't like what I said. Lolz
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Thats not some that will happen again, with any associated comm. For a lot of reasons.
    ReignBro and Roudydogg1 like this.
  8. Dr. McKay

Steam:

My community has nothing to do with my post, it's my own personal thoughts. Even though SOP's trading forums are being reopened, I don't know if SR wants to associate itself with a community whose admins act in the way they did in the thread I linked.
    ReignBro likes this.
  9. Backseatsman

Backseatsman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31430526

Of course this has nothing to do with it :)
    Sari, ReignBro and Roudydogg1 like this.
  10. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Well yeah, just bringing it up cause it was funny.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  11. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    I know, but I had to state that that was just ... Diego being Diego... and SR moved to the better now..
    Mattie! and Roudydogg1 like this.
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    When you admin for years on traders, with the average "trader" being as informed as a 3 year old infant that only reads their own rep thread and the trade threads they are interested in, and none of the announcements, rules, guides, or w/e else is in the forum, those traders deserved some trampling. Tbh, looking back at it, it was great drama.

I still haven't heard on what was going on for real, but the popcorn is still warm.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  13. Dr. McKay

Steam:

I realize that I do have a bit of a conflict of interest here, but I actually posted this thread before I even thought of adding trading forums to my upcoming TradeRep site. Even if this weren't the situation, the way the SOP admins is unacceptable imo.

No staff member of a site that wants to be taken seriously should act in this way. Ever. Even if it's "deserved".
    ReignBro and Roudydogg1 like this.
  14. ReignBro

ReignBro New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44693178
    Excellently appropriate response.
  15. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Yeah, he likes to make blunt, sarcastic, and grumpy comments sometimes. We're not at the stage where we censor our volunteer admin opinions (as much as it would make life easier for having these kind of discussions /sigh). It's his own personal thoughts.

Clearly, any one admin's opinions on the SourceOp developments do not represent SteamRep's opinion. We're still weighing options with regards to SourceOp, with more meetings over the next week to discuss things now that it has settled down. It seems to be mostly business-as-usual, but definitely understand that the fate of such an important partner site is a big deal to us.
  16. Dr. McKay

Steam:
    Of course. One staff member shouldn't be indicative of a community as a whole, and that's certainly no reason to disassociate with a community. My suggestion to do so was only because of the announcement that SourceOP's trading community had been shut down permanently. Given that the boards are to be reopened, there is no reason why they shouldn't stay (unless, of course, SteamRep does not wish to associate anymore, but that's for you guys to discuss).
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    some notes

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  18. 2dor

2dor New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16113000
    Sugestion. Not sure if it has been discussed around here.

Now that sourceop has closed it's reputation forums, make one forum section for that over here. In my opinion that would be great for most users of sourceop and probably steamrep's too. Steamrep and SourceOP are the only website's I used and rely for reputation. I hope most people feel the same.
  19. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
  20. 2dor

2dor New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16113000
    Thanks Mattie for the info, I didn't bother to check that forum frequently after that incident.