1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to get your gifts/items back (Revoke scammers)

Discussion in 'SteamRep Guides' started by GHoST61, May 22, 2012.

1. GHoST61

GHoST61 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36077199
    Real quick guide about, how to get your gifts/items back if the person you traded with revoked his gift.

Step 1 - Contact steam support Here.
    (You need to register if you didn't)
    Step 2 - Select Category "Steam Trading/ingame items"
    Step 3 -
    Subject ->
    "Gift Revoked" Then just write a ticket, you don't have to provide screenshots, i'm pretty sure they can see your trade history and your account content.
    (IMPORTANT: Make sure you added your username in "Steam Account Name" Section.

Step 4 - Wait few work days and you will get your gifts/items back.

Also check Steam Trading Policy
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will not get your stuff back from support if:
    1 - You traded with PayPal/keys(not tf2 keys) or anything that's out from steam trade window.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Support will give your gifts/items back if:
    1 - The gift you got from your trading partner was revoked.
    2 - Your account was hijacked.
    "We will investigate your account to confirm the hijacking took place and restore any items lost during the hijacking. If we cannot confirm your account was hijacked we will let you know and not restore any items"

Maby ther are more ways to get your items/gifts back. But this method works almost always.

Sorry for my horrible english, hope this helped.

-Regards.
    Oz' dak1ne likes this.
  2. Jailbait

Jailbait New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26285681
    I think they give a one-off exception. Be very careful.
    Sjru and GHoST61 like this.
  3. GHoST61

GHoST61 New User

Steam:
    What if I redeemed a game from a trade that is fraudulently purchased?

"What if I redeemed a game from a trade that is fraudulently purchased?

If this happens, the account where the fraud took place will be suspended. Your account will not be suspended, however the game you redeemed/unpacked to your account will be removed. We will restore the items/gifts that were associated with the trade that you performed to receive the game. If you did not trade any items/gifts for the game directly then we are not able to restore anything to your account (i.e. if the game was a gift). Please contact Steam Support if a game that you traded for is missing from your inventory or account."

This is the part from their policy, it happens a lot with me also :) They always restore it.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Its the very reason why we advice to trade for games with items, not paypal. If the games get revoked, you get compensated ONCE (if doing it again they will not oblige).
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    GHoST61 likes this.
  5. Aaronvette

Aaronvette New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:47046881
    I assume its not possible to get your item back that a person has already to traded to someone else?
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    you get a duplicated one back. so better use promo's, for unusuals that are duplicated are often worth less.
  7. dragonhuman

dragonhuman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25985902
    I think you should point out that it's best to keep it obvious as to what the trade is for, as in no bundling if you understand what I'm saying.

Like back in January I spent about 2.5 buds for mw3 and skyrim (to get a bulk discount) traded mw3 gave skyrim to my friend. Skyrim got revoked and when I sent in the ticket they refused to give me any of it back
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    you told steam support exactly that? that you traded for those 2 games and that you gave 1 to your friend?
  9. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    The moment something is "gifted" from the bundle purchase it is an open loophole for scammers so the whole transaction is revoked. This is done to prevent the following scam:

Person A (scammer)
    Person B (ALT scammer)
    Person C (accomplice)

Person A buys stolen games
    Person A trades Person B game #2 for 1 earbud
    Person A gifts Person C game #1

Steam Revokes both games.
    Person B disputes and gets their 1 earbud back
    Person C disputes and gets a game back

Results:
    Person A gets nothing for investing nothing (was stolen funds)
    Person B gets 1 earbud back (still costs steam nothing to "duplicate" other then clicking a button and flooding the economy with more earbuds or whatever the restored item(s) is/are)
    Person C get a free game
    Steam is out royalties to game developer for 1 copy

Steam won't go for that. People can scam LOTS of $$$ in royalty fees from steam like this.

See the reason why they won't give the gifted person a game in this trade?
  10. GHoST61

GHoST61 New User

Steam:
    If the gift you traded is fraudulently purchased they must give your stuff back. Its the part from their policy.

"We will restore the items/gifts that were associated with the trade that you performed to receive the game."

Also this part:
    " If you did not trade any items/gifts for the game directly then we are not able to restore anything to your account (i.e. if the game was a gift)."
    Did you gifted it to your friend ?
  11. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Scammer sells 2 games to trader, trader gifts 1 of the games to a friend after that. Trader should be able to be compensated for his loss
  12. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    the person who got the gift will NOT get the item back. the person who purchased the 2 games with items SHOULD be able to get a refund. This seems not to be the case. You would think it to be the case. IF you traded with TF2 items you should get them back. IF you traded paypal money they will walk away and say SORRY, CANT HELP YOU.
  13. Gimmy Jibbs

Gimmy Jibbs New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45554612
    I'm always afraid when starting a trade for an item that must be wrapped. Today I traded my wrap to someone named Maunten™ and he went offline the secound we were done trading. I'm not sure if he just wanted to steal this from me, or he really had a problem going on. I'm hoping soon they will make it to where you can wrap the item your giving in the trade itself, even though this wouldnt have prevented it, it would have helped in past trades.
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    thats easy to solve, adhere to those steps:

- agree on a trade for a gift wrapped item, w/e that is.
    - Trade the gift wrap for its worth in metal. its worth 2.33-2.66 ref, so let him PAY that for the gift wrap. (in for you acceptable items)
    - let him gift wrap it, and TRADE the giftwrapped item for your aggreed price + the items he gave in worth for the gift wrap.
    result is scam-less trade.

If you want it gifted, trade it to a good friend you really trust, and let THAT guy gift it to you.
  15. ʙąɒ ɢąɱɛʀ

ʙąɒ ɢąɱɛʀ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47528908
    Been a long time since this subject has been visited, but I've got a couple questions.

A long time ago my copy of L4D2 got revoked. I immediately went to Steam Support and read somewhere that this could not be done (I was the one at fault, not Steam)
    Furious, I forgot about it and just ended up buying the game myself. I always thought in the back of my mind that they'd be good enough to just return the in-game items, and not give you a free copy of the game.

Here's where I've got my questions.

It's been like 3 months now, am I still able to send in a ticket and have them fish back for the items?

Also, I signed up for Steam Support. I, of course, put my real email (I have absolutely zero reason to post a false email) and I still haven't gotten a 'welcome letter'. Anyone else having this issue..?
  16. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Yes, you can do after any period, afaik that is not a problem.

I really don't remember if my steam support account generated a "welcome" message when I created that account. Made mine like 4 years ago. It should be a straight forward process tho.
  17. I'm Sexy & I Know it

I'm Sexy & I Know it New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20225401
    A month ago,i traded my few games for bl2 with person A
    Then i traded bl2 for bo2 with person B
    and yesterday,bl2 was revoked ,What should i do ? (bl2 "gifted" not trade)
  18. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    You should send a ticket into steam support to explain your situation. They may or may not help you.
  19. Elite| jamesraylee

Elite| jamesraylee New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30283704
    I know someone who was scammed after trying to sell unusuals for paypal money. He contacted steam support and got dupes of his hats. Does that mean I can get my backpack back? I know what steam's policy is but I was wondering if they made certain exceptions. As of now this guy still has most of my items. You can see it in the item history of his BP here is a discussion page containing a link to his profile http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tf2outpost/discussions/8/882963954640329536/
  20. Sgt. Blumpkin

Sgt. Blumpkin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42306664
    I just recently got my precious unusual scammed from me for paypal. I sent a ticket to valve asking to ban the user and if possible, get me a dupe of my hat. I didn't mention paypal in the ticket because i knew Valve isn't too forgiving when it comes to paypal scams. Is it likely for me to get my hat back?