1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Possible new scam or glitch ?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Tosi ♠, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Tosi ♠

Tosi ♠ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:62288906
    Lately i've been looking to trade some keys for a cs go knife.

So this guy (which i dont have the profile) added me and told he me wanted 38 keys for his flip web. So i said ok, invited him to trade and put all the keys, he put the knife and i clicked make trade. Steam gave me an error and the guy deleted me right after. I didnt lose any items but when i checked his backpack he did not have the knife in it.

Today, it happened me again. This guy (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042208264/) Offered me 40 keys for his gut night. Accepted the trade and it gave me an error and deleted me right after. I still did not lose any items.

Im unaware if they tried to do this for any other game.

Sorry if its already known, or if its just a concidence.
  2. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Recheck the guy's BP, if he truly lost his knife, he would of reported you since he was only affected.
  3. Tosi ♠

Tosi ♠ New User

Steam:
    I did, apparently the knife was never in his inventory. Plus the trade never happened, when we both accepted (or thats atleast what i did) steam gave me a trade error and he deleted me.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hi @Tosi ♠ , I've got from reliable source that the knife is now on the steam community market. Hence it not showing in his backpack anymore. If his backpack didn't have hits before he did so, when owning the knife, it will never show.

As far as its known, there is no exploit or glitch.

That leaves not much to go on. Dunno the worth is of that knife, vs what you offered. If the knife was worth (much) more then your offer, it might be trolling of some kind. The only other explanation is that the trade glitched and quit, and he decided to put it on the market after.

If you have it often that a trade error out, you might want to clean out steam of all the cobwebs in it. DataStorm wrote a manual for doing that without much ado over at LZ:

http://wiki.lethal-zone.eu/display/tf2/How to clean out Steam
  5. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    What if he placed the item on the market in the middle of the trade?
    That would cause an error and would no longer be in his BP.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    isn't that what I said? Well, apart from him doing that in the middle of the trade, but I did answer that eventuality as well.
  7. Tosi ♠

Tosi ♠ New User

Steam:
    Well, i think that he might did that. I did not check the first guy's inventory. Someone asked me 18k for a gut safari today (bs) Which is cheap since its 60 usd on the market i said ok and steam error happened. He retraded me (Same happened with both, error, then retrade, then error again, and both deleted me right after) He sent a re-trade and i didnt go froward with it just in case. If someone gets more information it would be cool, since this seems suddenly common.
  8. Tosi ♠

Tosi ♠ New User

Steam:
    Also, i know that the trade error is generated by the other person in the trade, since i did trades for almost worthless stuff only smoothly, and this type of thing only happened in stuff with 45usd+. sorry for double post
  9. bentheboom

bentheboom New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:79634149
    Why would he put it in the market in the middle of a trade?
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    I don't think that happened. I think the trade just got into a error, and he then decided to put it on the market.