1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198070363090 - (BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX??? / [Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Nickwooshorr, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nickwooshorr

Nickwooshorr New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27096060
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198070363090 (BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???)

Victim profile: 76561198014457849

What happened? Description:
    I had a friend from some CS 1.6 servers and he found out today that I have CSGO gifts for trading. We talked about the deal and we agreed to do a trade for my CSGO gift and his 5 euros (in my carrier). He said he is unsure and would like me to go first. I had my doubts but we were friends for about 1 month (but we didn't discuss much meanwhile) so I assumed he was legit.
    I sent the game through Steam and right after he deleted me. I added him again and he even recognized he scammed me, implying that he didn't force me and it's my own fault.
    I don't have the entire conversation because my Steam got disconnected and I had to restart it, but I have the last part. The language is Romanian but I can translate it if necessary.​

Provide Evidence:
    I asked him if he scammed me and he said yes and that I can't prove anything.
    The second ss proves that I sent him the gift.
    The third shows him playing the game; you can see it's barely activated, no hours played/achievements.​

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    I have to have a picture of the chat agreement stating that he was going to pay you for the game. Without proper evidence of chat SR will have a hard time helping you with this.
  3. Nickwooshorr

Nickwooshorr New User

Steam:
    The chat shown in the first picture says, as translated: I am ready; we go at the same time. I asked him the method and he said he had a subscription to the same carrier and he was going to send me the said amount. It's not my fault, or SR's that Steam doesn't provide the option to view/save a full chat history. I can't provide the proof for the exact amount of money (because I got disconnected) but you can tell I wasn't going to give him anything for free.
  4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Ok let me work on this a bit more. Ill get back to you shortly.
  5. Nickwooshorr

Nickwooshorr New User

Steam:
    Thank you very much.
  6. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    can you upload a Transcription of the chat so I can translate it for myself.
  7. Nickwooshorr

Nickwooshorr New User

Steam:
    You mean like this?

Never tell your password to anyone.
    5:24 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: sunt pregatit
    5:24 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: dam amndoi odata
    5:24 PM - Nick: ai cartela din aia?
    5:24 PM - Nick: sau la automat
    5:24 PM - Nick: tonomat, ce naiba o fi
    5:25 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: iti dau direct de pe abonament
    5:25 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: ca eu am abonament la orange ..
    5:25 PM - Nick: a, ok
    5:25 PM - Nick: ti-am trimis
    5:25 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: ms
    5:34 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: da
    5:34 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: spune
    5:34 PM - Nick: ce faci ma? te-ai gandit sa dai teapa?
    5:34 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: cam asa ceva
    5:35 PM - Nick: ok. pierderea ta. o sa-ti banez contul pe steam, daca esti atat de fraier
    5:35 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: stai linistit
    5:35 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: nu ai cum sa dovedezi nimic
    5:35 PM - Nick: vorbim in cateva zile prietene
    5:36 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: sugeo la rece
    5:36 PM - Nick: sa vezi ce-o sugi tu
    5:36 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: nu te.am obligat asa ca gob bye
    6:04 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX??? is now Offline.

I can translate it for you and then you can do it yourself too.
  8. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Thank you. I will get back with you.
  9. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  10. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    There is no proof in the chat that you agreed to exchange funds(to your carrier) for items. Without proper evidence we can not process this report. Is there anything else you have to prove that you were supposed to exchange moneis for items?
  11. Nickwooshorr

Nickwooshorr New User

Steam:
    I think you are wrong, there he IS agreeing to exchange funds, just that I can't show the exact amount. I will do an exact translate of the chat in English:

Never tell your password to anyone.
    5:24 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: I am ready
    5:24 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: we'll go at the same time
    5:24 PM - Nick: do you have a prepay-number?
    5:24 PM - Nick: or from ATM
    5:24 PM - Nick: another type of ATM, whatever it is
    5:25 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: I'll send you directly from my subscription
    5:25 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: I have an Orange subscription
    5:25 PM - Nick: a, ok
    5:25 PM - Nick: I sent you the gift
    5:25 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: thanks
    (this is the part he deletes me, I re-add him)
    5:34 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: yes
    5:34 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: what's up?
    5:34 PM - Nick: what are you doing? did you just scammed me?
    5:34 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: something like that
    5:35 PM - Nick: ok, your loss. you will get you steam account banned for this is you are that stupid
    5:35 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: don't worry
    5:35 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: ,you can't prove anything
    5:35 PM - Nick: we'll see in a couple of days
    5:36 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: *swearing*
    5:36 PM - Nick: *also swearing*
    5:36 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX???: I didn't forced you so goodbye.
    6:04 PM - BOMBA_NUCLEARA>MIX??? is now Offline.

If THIS doesn't show that he agrees to send me funds in exchange for my gift, then I don't know what does. I don't want to be rude or anything, no disrespect, but could you please take another look at this? Or ask for another opinion too? I don't want him to get away with this :(
  12. Nickwooshorr

Nickwooshorr New User

Steam:
    What do you mean by "Is there anything else you have to prove that you were supposed to exchange money for items?"

If I have another proof that I agreed to give him csgo for funds? This chat window is all I got, because when I reconnected to Steam, it didn't let me see the conversation from the beginning. I still have the window open but I can't see anything before 5:24 PM. I did a full and accurate translate of the chat, even if you don't see the amount agreement, you can clearly see from his behavior that he scammed me and it's proud of it.
    If you consider this as an improper evidence, I might as well give up on this.
  13. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Notes
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  14. Nickwooshorr

Nickwooshorr New User

Steam:
    I don't have notes related to him. I left a message on a server where I am a mod and he was on it at the time; he sent me a message on Steam if I still have CSGO gift and asked for the price. I told him my price, he agreed, told me about how he was scammed before (obvious lie to make me go first), I got disconnected, rejoined Steam, and the rest is in the chat window. This is the whole story. I don't really care much about the game itself; I just want this guy to learn his lesson and never do something like this. Today was something small, tomorrow could be something bigger and in my opinion, trade banning these kind of men is the only way. I'm sure he doesn't use trading system so a SR Scammer badge won't stop him from scamming in the future.

Thomas, I understand that this needs solid proof, but I think what I have it's enough. It's not that I don't want to provide it, I just can't because of Steam's chat history system. I mean, he says that he's ready, that he's using same carrier and he's going to send me through his subscription. Yes, we can't see the amount, but I find that less important than the scam itself and him recognizing it and laughing in my face.
  15. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    As you can imagine, we do not speak Romanian and we cannot consider your translation crucial as you are a side of the report. I did translate the transcription with Google Translate, then I asked someone who knows Romanian to translate the chat log.

Based on the Google translation and the translation that I received from a translator, I can say that your version differs a bit.
    The most important differences are:

According to Google Translate and the translator, I believe that "ti-am trimis" means "I sent; I sent you; sent you".

According to Google Translate and the translator, I believe that "ce faci ma? te-ai gandit sa dai teapa?" means "what are you doing? you thought of scamming me?".

The picture of chat do not show the agreement. You did not mention the CS:GO gift in this part of the chat and there is no amount of the money being mentioned.

Sorry but we need the proof of the original agreement and since you do not have it, I am rejecting your report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.