1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

This site has ruined my TF2 Gaming.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Crise Ice, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crise Ice

Crise Ice Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:12069081
    Two

Years

Two years is the time that it took for my application

To be shoved right back in my face

Two years, A lot of time has passed since being a 14 year old and of course, Yes, I did the worst think imaginable.
    This has ruined every single attempt I have at trying to become a legitimate TF2 Trader.

In the past 2 years I have dealt with over 300$ of TF2 Merchandise, made a 200$+ Backpack sale and havn't a single reason to be deemed a scammer.

But all this does to me now is provoke me more. Ever since I was tagged I've been trying to build up rep and make purchases and finally show that I'm not the person portrayed. But now, after 2 YEARS of waiting!!! I'm finally getting my answer and my application was declined.

Declined with so much nonchalance. Like, the person declining it didn't even realize the type of unremovable burden it places on me trying to be successful.

Now, there is no way out. No way that I'm ever going to remove that tag. Try to swap it to another account, impersonation. No more way to appeal the tag or show that I'm a trustworthy person. Nothing. All it does is promote me wanting to scam more. Why the hell not? There's no more worse punishment than being banned from every server and being unable to trade on any website and nobody trusting you whatsoever. How can you enforce such a harsh punishment without realizing the impact you have on individuals? Sure, you might catch a serious scammer here and there, but most of these people are honest folks making honest mistakes in their actions are obviously not warranted but they don't deserve the crippling punishment that you provide.

It's totally ruined any chance I have at actually trading and playing this game legitimately.

I guarantee that this whole steamrep thing does NOT actually improve the conduct of players tagged, like a real system should. t just puts them through a cycle of scamming again. Once a scammer, always a scammer, and you're tagged for the rest of your life with a label that rips your attempts of becoming legitimate again

Whatever, I'm done. 14 year old me signing out. This has been a pitiful attempt at keeping the community safe.
  2. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    You say that you don't deserve to be banned but if you think it's still okay to scam people because your appeal was denied that just enforces why you are banned. You clearly don't seem to have a problem with scamming people.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  4. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    SteamRep doesn't exist to punish people. It's a volunteer effort to warn communities of Steam profiles that have evidence of ties to fraud. Communities ban based on that information by their choice.

Often we grant appeals of small frauds by young kids who clearly have learned, yet in your appeal you continued to lie about whether you committed it, etc. There's just no room for us to say "okay, this guy won't cheat anyone again".

You mention that there is nothing worse than a SteamRep ban-- keep in mind, we're just a community of communities with a ban list. Steam Community has its own trade ban system--- so if you continue to commit fraud as you are threatening, then there's a chance Steam Support will notice and formally trade ban you as well. It's wiser to leave your situation where it is rather than to make it worse.

We all make mistakes when we're teenagers, but that doesn't mean there aren't ramifications for those. I wish you luck and hope you do decide against acts of the kind you hint at.
  5. Crise Ice

Steam:
    First of all, since my offence I havn't scammed people. No, I'm not a scammer. Not anymore. It was 2 years ago. I've done a lot to revamp my reputation, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that's tagged "Scammer" that has no intentions.

I want to make an analogy to the criminal justice system. You see, it's a situation where everyone is in a vicious cycle of recommitting their crimes. Even if a person reconstructs themselves, changes who they are, and doesn't commit crime ever again, they are left with a tortured life as many people will not hire those with a criminal record and they miss out on countless opprotunities in life. Therefore, they switch back to breaking the law again because it's the only thing left.
    Yes, I know you accept appeals. Please re-read what I've posted.
  6. Crise Ice

Steam:
    You're kidding me

Steamrep doesn't exist to punish people?

What do you say about not being able to ever use tf2outpost, backpacktf, or to be honest any single TF2 trading feature.

Being banned from almost every server you enter because you're steamrep tagged, not being able to trade with anybody because they see the scammer tag and nothing else, it's like being black before civil rights, it's disgusting to try to play without it and I have no way to prove myself, it's disappointing.
  7. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Communities can ban anyone they want from their websites/servers for any reason they like. It is within their rights to respect the bans that are displayed by SteamRep and ban people in order to protect their communities.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Lets get back to the "subject" of "This site has ruined my TF2 Gaming".

That's what you named the topic... most TF2 game servers do not run the SR plugin, only a bunch of trade servers, so.... nope.
  9. Crise Ice

Steam:
    (NEARLY) every single website dealing with tf2 bans all the steamrep people who are banned, limiting you to only
    A. Sketchy forums filled with scammers
    B. Unpopular sites where you can't trade even nearly as well.

As well as the VAST MAJORITY of trade servers banning.
    This is not true, it's the other way around. I can only get on like the russian tf2 trading servers and the really underpopped ones. Any big server bans the steamrep users

It creates a vicious cycle. People who are steamrep banned who don't want to scam are stuck with the tag that leads them into a vicious cycle.

And if it wasn't a vicious cycle, you wouldn't have so many people trying to make alts to escape it.
  10. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    I will make it more clear to you.
    The subject says about gaming while you seem to be mainly upset about the trading-related issues.

--

Banning users that they do not "appreciate" is within their rights because they run those websites/game servers.
    Last edited: May 26, 2014
  11. Crise Ice

Steam:
    Quit trying to dodge the bullet, this organization or whatever has a LOT of power over Tf2 trading.

Also, of course I love the game but I love the economy as well and the game is a lot less appealing without it.
  12. Boelens

Boelens New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:22371367
    I'm someone who'se also banned by SR and exhausted his appeals, but there are alternatives out there. I have enough reputation to properly make deals with people, the only real issue is autobans from trading sites and servers. You can still trade on certain forums though, sure they'll be less active but it's an alternative to still trade. There are certain communities who don't even follow SteamRep's database, so it's not impossible. I hate to accept it myself but the tag won't go away and sites will autoban you over it, it's something that won't change. Try to find alternatives.
    You Are The One likes this.
  13. Crise Ice

Steam:
    How can you submit to being oppressed by something you can't control.

Please, there's alternatives but nothing is going to get me back trading TF2 Like it used to be. It's ruined this game for me and there's no way I can redeem myself or escape it so, it's leaivng people like YOU and ME who have an opprotunity to make the community good and learn a "lesson", but this steamrep has ruined us.
  14. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Thief steals a car, says he learned his lesson, complains later about it being on his permanent record.
    You ruined you're victum's gaming by stealing from him.

"You ruining my gaming" < You can't play on Valve servers??? You're vac banned because you scammed?
    What does trading have to do with gaming?

Also, there are still places to trade, and no one gets in trouble if you keep the values small.
    If you're still trying to trade for profit, yes...this is kind done and over with.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  15. Boelens

Boelens New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:22371367
    By realizing there is nothing to be done against it. I don't like it but it simply is this way. There's no changing it.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  16. Crise Ice

Steam:
    Of COURSE, this is what is wrong!

You see, the "Thief", isn't necessarily always a thief. Maybe it was an at-home crisis? Maybe he was immature, who knows. The mistake he made was a mistake, and undoubtedly he deserves a punishment. But to have to face a life of restrictions from one action? It shouldn't exist, and just like how there are different ways to prevent things from coming up on your record in real life, there needs to be preventive care for those who scam minor offences, who have been awhile since their offence, and who have shown trustworthiness. Otherwise it just promotes an environment where scammers will always be scammers, and those scammers will scam forever because there is no reason not to anymore, they're already tagged scammers for life and they'll never escape.

You let these guys judge you without having any say in it. Instead of sitting there say something about it. Now I'm not saying they're totally for helping out the people who messed up (Hell they took nearly 2 years to reply to my appeal), I'm sure theres an epidemic of this in our community now. I know tons of people tagged scammer who I'd trust, and I know tons of people who need to get their tag removed because it isn't fair that their miniscule past actions dictate who they are forever.
  17. Crise Ice

Steam:
    Please keep posting on this moderators and Admins. I would like to see you challenge my points. Been a pretty poor argument.

P.S : Don't harrass my brother "Reflex AKA xxMagicxx", you Scammer tagged him when he did nothing. I see your actions, devils of TF2. He doesn't even play the game and you tagged him. Wow, great, now I'm being marginalized by speaking out? Dang, this really is oppressive.
  18. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Steam:
    He probably got tagged for being an alt of yours. There is probably no proof that you could post that would prove he is your brother. Also how are they harassing your brother? All they're trying to do is protect the community from scammers.
  19. Crise Ice

Steam:
    That's a joke. So with no proof of him being anything they just, woop go and tag him. I already know I'm being singled out because they'd rather sit there and pop that little ban marker than actually debate with me, it's cool.
    They're harrassing him because he didn't do anything. Marking people as scammers when they aren't only hurts and I know god damn well it's going to take another 2 years to remove the tag so it's honestly a totally immature move to try to combat me or whatnot.
  20. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Steam:
    You may have misunderstood me. The SteamRep admins have their ways of finding alts. They would not ban your "brother" without proof that the account is linked to yours. They have ways of doing this which are pretty solid. Your "brother" can try to appeal his ban and SR tags will sometimes ask for proof -in private- showing that you aren't the same person.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.