1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

This site has ruined my TF2 Gaming.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Crise Ice, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crise Ice

Crise Ice Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:12069081
    P.S For further information, my brother hasn't played the game in like a year and gave me items, and literally not even 24 hours later was steamrep banned. Does this mean anybody that gives me items is a scammer? God that's ludicrous. You sure do love watching us crash and burn
  2. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Not all the time. Most of the time they get a warning from a member of the SteamRep staff. Very rarely (and only if the items are of very high value) are people banned for trading with scammers.
  3. Crise Ice

Steam:
    Oh yes totally. Definitely my alt. No doubt about it.
    A whole different account with 2000 + hours and a whole different set of friends and games played.
    http://i.imgur.com/OyJAFC2.png
    And yknow, OBVIOUSLY I spent HUNDREDS of dollars to repurchase games on another account before I even played TF2.
    But wait, how much did my brother get banned for?
    http://i.imgur.com/OPpb3K5.png
    2 keys worth of hats and miscs that he wanted to give me
    What a shame Steamrep. Talk about getting cherrypicked. If you have a problem with me, debate it here please. Don't harass my brother he's not any part of this.
    Yeah, this is fascism at its finest. Let us have our word.
  4. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Steam:
    I'm not gunna argue but, it was probably just chance that he got banned the day after he gave you items. And calling SteamRep facist? Isn't that a bit extreme? They're here to help the community by warning them that users have scammed people in the past.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  5. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    For me this is the reason why you should not get "un tagged". Your still not regret, therefore no reason for appeal.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  6. Crise Ice

Steam:
    You're kidding me. They punish you based on personal preference rather than clearly thought out convictions, and they're addicted to making people suffer in torment rather than helping those wrongly convicted. There are people who made their appeals 2 years ago and STILL aren't served who aren't guilty. What's more fascist than having people go through TF2 hell for nothing. And my brother's going to have to do it too now, LOL. It's subjective, oppressive, and downright dirty. They have no course of action really, and if you truly think that they mark people based on well-thought and proven guilt, think again.
  7. Crise Ice

Steam:
    Again, as much as you like to say that "Oh man that's a terrible thing to say" I'm shining light on the truth. I would say at least half or more of these scammers just go out, make alts, and scam more until those are banned, and the process continues. The scammer tag just makes it harder on them to play TF2 normally so they will revert back to scamming as usual. It offers no change, it's just a degrading label.
  8. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    Mate , all actions have consequences. You know that scamming its not allow if you do it you are taged (probably). Like i said you have to think before act. Making this post only strengthens the tag that you have.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  9. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    Try too apeal when your really sorry and dont even think about scamming again.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  10. Crise Ice

Steam:
    You're kidding me. 2 years ago I spycrabbed for 3 keys and now 400$+ and hundreds of hours on TF2, trust, and hundreds of trades I'm still a scammer? No. I'm fighting back, this is crap and nobody deserves it.
  11. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    3 keys for you can bee nothing but for a kid that asked his mom for money .. its a lot.
    2 year and your still saying "All it does is promote me wanting to scam more. Why the hell not?" in my opinion you need more time.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  12. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Steam:
    How exactly does the scammer tag make it harder to play TF2 normally? Well over half of the normal TF2 gameplay servers (and all of the valve servers) allow people banned on SteamRep to play on their server. Yes, I will agree and say that SteamRep has their problems but they're doing a lot to fix these problems. But one thing that's true is that they never ban someone without a lot of evidence.
  13. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Did you even pay your victum back his keys, before we the general public should even consider taking your side (I feel bad for your brother, but you should of realized that doing the wrong thing will affect all your loved ones).
    Also, unless if your brother is a trader, I doubt he'll really be harassed. Unless if there's some really scorn victum who just loves to add every scammer and harass them.

Yes, there's no forgiving tag(as far as I know) for real scammers....I did see some reversals made for some attempted scams in the past.
    However, the fact that you still want to scam, shows that you still think like a scammer.
    If steamrep removed your tag, and you had a chance to easily earn $100...you telling me without a doubt you would not take that chance for an easy profit?
    It does not matter what you post as an answer...but the first thoughts that come to your mind in real life.
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  14. Crise Ice

Steam:
    Contacted the person I scammed immediately after requesting to refund them, and have had them added.
    They are not active anymore and are banned on 2 different accounts on 3 services (Steamrep, skial, etc.)
    I have no intentions of scamming, and with your scenario I have already sold my BP worth 200ish dollars, so yes I was faced with a lot of money and was trustworthy.
  15. Crise Ice

Steam:
    Tl;Dr:
    The point I'm trying to make here is that my case and character was not genuinely looked at, and I have done everything I can to revert my actions (Which were a very small offence, at that.)
    I've done everything in my power, and waited the entire time to have my case looked at. I've significantly improved my reputation and have been trusted with countless trades, easily dealing with 400$ or more total.
    I've proven myself to not be affiliated with scamming but all that's happening now when I try to confront the admins/mods about what they've done to me is
    a. I've been singled out
    b. I've had my family harrassed and banned for no reason
    c. I'm met with no true response that resolves my issues.

I've tried to apologize, I've recognized my actions, attempted to repay the guy, and still after 2 years of changing myself and building rep and becoming trustworthy I'm just stained by this rep tag over 3 keys and it's honestly an atrocity.
  16. [G²] Scatman

[G²] Scatman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45015208
    i would not recommend saying your family has been harassed, because being harassed is VERY DIFFERENT than getting banned. Harassment for example, would be if people began to make fun of you for being banned, add you on steam and spam you about it. I'd choose my words wisely if I were you
  17. Crise Ice

Steam:
    Haha, well if you call being deleted by everyone you talk to, shunned and judged by the entire community different than being harassed, im not really sure what else there is. Banning my brother who doesn't even play the game currently was a nasty move by them, obviously targeting me for some reason. He didn't even do anything.
  18. [G²] Scatman

[G²] Scatman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45015208
    The reason he was banned is that his account is linked via IP to yours. (you share the same IP)
  19. Crise Ice

Steam:
    Yeah that's some pretty incriminating evidence right there. Of course we share the same IP. I've made countless trades with him before. Trust me, nobody would worry that much about a 2 key trade unless they were seriously out to get me and anybody I'm affiliated with, it's not right.
  20. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Your alt was not marked for trading with you. It would not have been listed as a alt then, but have received a warning for trading with a banned user by a admin. If you had read our rules for appeals, and requested information, then you would have known that we ask for what could be considered alt accounts, and a explanation on those. You omitted that or failed to provide the information. Hence we see accounts that are clearly linked to you by various sources to be "yours". Just because you wanted to hide them or not tell us about them.

We do not ask questions to be ignored. You chose to ignore that at the appeal, and never went to repair for it. So ask yourself this: What do YOU think what WE saw?

Maybe this:
    - Somebody who was not sorry for what he did
    - Somebody who did not provide the information requested on alts or other accounts possibly linked to you due to using the same connection.
    - Somebody who introduced a fake MM into a spycrab
    - Somebody who had planned out to spycrab run with their "friend" the fake MM if they lost.
    - Somebody who starts off their appeal with calling "there is no evidence" while that is laid off with the report actually tied to you. It wasn't that you where innocent or w/e, it was "there is no evidence".

We do say a lot of times to everybody: BE HONEST.
    And we do mean with honest: By providing COMPLETE information. Not by lying, omitting, or twisting your answers to us. There is no point to it. If one did it or not: SAY SO. Don't try to dabble around it by denial on base of "no evidence" or "no didn't do it" while the evidence requirements on a tag is pretty darn high here. It should be very obvious that we have access to a lot of information to verify things.

There is a huge reason for that. Somebody who is just doing what you do, denial of the scam by saying there is no evidence, that is a first lie. Then you omit information (alts, other accounts linked to you via the same connection etc). The offense included a fake MM introduction (which is a aggravation in our eyes, for that meant somebody is PLANNING to scam, and not something that is just a thing of in the heat of the moment decided). And there is the attitude in your OP here.

Now, to be clear: Mattie just plain denied your appeal on above grounds or close to it. He didn't look for alts afaik. I did and tagged, with the OP for this topic, for the evidence linking your account to those others where more then enough to do so. For you come here and complain, that means you get scrutinized, and researched closer. I did read the report and appeal by now, to verify that that appeal was handled as it should. And as explained above, I cant fault Mattie for his judgement.

So there you have it: Your appeal review, and the appeal was deemed correct. As you should have known, after a appeal one can ask to review it, which just means that another appeal admin just checks the appeal if it was handled correctly. If not, then it should allow for a re-appeal after. I see no reason to grant you a re-appeal, especially not after what you have been spouting here in this topic.

To make this topic better findable in the future linking to your "main" account, I include your ID block below:

| steamname: k den
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:12069081
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197984403890
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mememe2
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197984403890

Now, your alt. You made me recheck if there was legibility to your claim it was your brother. I don't think so. I went thru the post history of yours and the alt on OP and its exactly the same attitude. Also, your account was banned on September 19th 2012, 7:49 AM, and low and behold, September 19th 2012, 11:36AM your "brother" (read: ALT) comes for the first time online on OP.

I do not believe in coincidences. You had and used the accounts access to get on OP to trade. Once is established that somebody positively used a account, that means that any appeal launched by the alt cannot be granted. Congrats, you ruined any chance of your brother to appeal it if it was a real brother. For we can never establish that its a separate person now. It also means we have to consider the statement that that account is your brother is a lie too.

I do hope you learn a couple life lessons out of this:
    - No lying, it only gets you deeper in trouble.
    - Never use "someone elses" account of/for anything.
    - Steeling or scamming does not reward you. Yeah, maybe you make some money out of it.
    - Having a big mouth does not solve anything.
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
    [G²] Scatman and Roudydogg1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.