1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198037224016 Princess Soarin'

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Princess Soarin', Jun 12, 2012.

1. Princess Soarin'

Princess Soarin' New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:38479144
    steamID: Princess Soarin'
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:38479144
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037224016
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/princesssoarin
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198037224016

A couple of weeks back I was on a server, messing about with my friends. **FABLE**:3[SUPERTUBE] joins the game. (The person who reported me), he started talking on voice chat, after a while my friends noticed he sounds alot like me. As I was also talking on Mic. So, jokingly I change my name to his. After a while he quits, leaving me with his name for about half a day as I was too lazy to change it. I assume he thought I would impersonate him, tricking people into thinking it was him. However, I had no intention of doing so, or to tarnish his name, it was all fun and games. I think he took it too far and reported me to SteamRep. I have never had any other offences, and I love to unusual trade. Now I cannot access my favorite trading server and people will not trade with me on regular trading servers. I would like it if you could see I was just playing around rather than being serious. Thank you.
  2. Princess Soarin'

Steam:
  3. RAYCHARLESWITHNIGHTVISION

RAYCHARLESWITHNIGHTVISION New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16856916
    Acesgamer wasnt marked when he impersonated Fredbread as a joke, and the report was declined because "You dont own your name, anybody can change to anybody elses name as long as they dont use it to steal\scam", so when can we expect this guy to get unmarked?
  4. morin™

morin™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42518476
    also the other guy said he was going to become admin on tf2hats? dafuk i don't even know who this guy is nor is he a moderator, what is he thinking... also his english is very poor and its required that you at least can spell most common words right. soarin changed his name to his as a joke, nothing more. soarin would not scam he is a regular on tf2hats and i know him quite well
  5. morin™

morin™ New User

Steam:
    just an fyi im a moderator at tf2hats the place the incident happened
  6. Princess TDS™

Princess TDS™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41032679
    Let me see. So Soarin is a scammer, the kid who has given me countless things and hasn't asked for anything in return. The kid who actually gets scammed because (no offense Soarin) he's stupid, especially when it comes to trading. He downgrades unusuals, gets ripped off on a daily basis and has no clue what to do when trading. Sure, this has nothing to do with the accusation, but I'm listing out facts. And the kid that deemed him a copycat and scammer, sad thing is he has never nor will he ever be an admin or anything close to that on tf2hats. Both admins of the server have been gone on a business trip for months leaving mods like Morin, Goldatheist, Zapimngham and tomlevine9 in charge, all of whom have never met let alone know this fable guy. Hell, I have been on tf2hats since basically the beginning and I know that if anyone were to become admin next, it would be Morin and Morin only. You would assume me being an admin or mod, but that's a different story for a different day. Leaving this off, Fable, it's liars like you that make me sick to my stomach.
  7. JJJJ

JJJJ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31380005
    Uh, what?

On another note, look at this.
    These are the reasons in which we tag people. Clearly, you are in violation of rule #6

Why would you impersonate someone? Just for fun? Guess you'll see how fun it is to have a scammer tag.
  8. RenimCat

RenimCat New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:28164041
    "Impersonating and acting as an Imposter"
    Then why didn't aces get a tag when he used my name to act like an imposter? Or Fredbreads name when he used it for several hours?

Kinda bending the rules for SR admins eh?
  9. Jailbait

Jailbait New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26285681
    I know for a fact that he was joking. If he can prove he was joking he won't get a tag, which I doubt, since you were using that name for 4 days.
  10. JJJJ

JJJJ Retired Staff

Steam:
    1. It was proven that Aces only used Fredbread's name for a few minutes. Princess used **FABLE**:3[SUPERTUBE]'s name for over a day.
    2. Aces showed me exactly what he did during the time of the aforementioned impersonation, leaving no possibility of any scam taking place in anyone's name. Princess could have done anything during the time that the impersonation took place, including scam people.

This is all irrelevant. Acesgamer's case had extenuating circumstances, and in every other case we tag according to the rules. This is one of those cases.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

four days is a long time to impersonate someone
  11. Ben

Ben New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:7959570
    You can't apply one rule to one person and not to the other, regardless of their status in the community. We all have to be treated like equals otherwise the system becomes biased and people refuse to use it. For a start, no evidence has been submitted forward to prove that any scamming or rep ruining had taken place. Secondly Sorin's avatar remained the same and only the name changed so it was not a complete impersonation. Thirdly, this contradicts your previous statement of:
    No evidence to show that this was a deliberate attempt has been put forward. To mark this person without marking AcesGamer who commited the exact same offence under the same if not worse circumstances would be a fallacy.

You can't take out punishment based on what the person could have done, it has to be based on what the person has done. An offense has to take place before the suitable action can be taken.

Also AcesGamer's explanation is a perfect way to explain that image (4 days thing):
  12. Princess Soarin'

Steam:
    I'm not sure why It says 4 days, I can assure you it was for half a day. Plainly because I was lazy. I also don't want my tagging to be reffered to another case, I just want you to see that I was purely messing around.
    Once again, I have no clue why It says 4 days. I would never have my name as that for that long. I also, would never trade under someone elses name.
  13. Princess Soarin'

Steam:
    I was messing around, I never meant any damage. I didn't even know it would go this far. He never even specified he would take this to steam rep.
    I honestly had no clue that taking someones name for a few hours was scamming. I'm really sorry for what I did. I really, really don't want people to assume the worst of me when I've done nothing to hurt anyone. Please, I really really was ignorant and I'd never do such a thing again.
  14. Princess TDS™

Princess TDS™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41032679
    I'm a TF2 whore. I'm usually always on and Soarin' usually follows me because he's a fanboy of sorts. I'm pretty sure I would notice his name changes between him being on the same server as me to messaging me out the ass. I don't recall his name ever being fable at all, let alone for a 4 day period. Contradict who you may, I'm well aware most of these accusations are false and once this can be figured out there can be less pointing fingers and mud throwing because believe it or not, the kid's not a scammer. The only scam he may have pulled is taking money from his dad's credit card.
  15. Princess Soarin'

Steam:
    I did no trading on June 1st. Neither did I scam any of the other days. Please. I did no harm. I'm really sorry.

Attached Files:

16. morin™

morin™ New User

Steam:

Ben has a point there is no proof he attempted to scam or harm his reputation. no act of crime was committed as stated anyone can have the same name at any given time. soarin also did not copy his picture and who wouldn't notice that the person they are trading with has a different picture then the profile link listed in a rep thread.
  17. Colourr

Colourr New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29145082
    This, expecting an unmark.
  18. JJJJ

JJJJ Retired Staff

Steam:
    We are currently reviewing and altering Steamrep Policy regarding name only impersonation, so we are at a bit of a crux at the moment regarding the rules as they stand now versus the rules as they will be in the future.

These situations often always result in SR growing and changing, often for the better of the entire community.

I'll let this appeal slide with a stern verbal warning, impersonating someone again will result in action taken on your account.

I'd appreciate if everyone would cool off regarding Acesgamer getting special treatment because he is a community leader and an admin.
    Know that Acesgamer knows what he did was wrong, and he has been warned to not do it again as it will result in action taken on his account as well.