1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198132444256 - ([Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by MrNomad, Jun 27, 2014.

1. MrNomad

MrNomad New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:4082033
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198132444256 ()

Victim profile: 76561197968429795

What happened? Description:
    I sold this user a game via eBay. After he received the game, he opened a PayPal case claiming an unauthorized payment claim. It's the only claim I've ever seen someone make after they try and scam someone. If this works, I also have someone that tried to scam me a long time ago as well. I will report them if this works. So he paid me last night, I sent it almost immediately. He identifies himself as the user on eBay. The only way he could've added me is with the information I sent to him on eBay as well. I just gave him my steam name and my alias I was using.

So I guess this all happened this morning. I got a PayPal message about a claim that needed my response. Surely enough, it was from this guy. He seemed like a pretty good person.

The game sold was the Black Ops II: Season Pass. I wish I had kept more of the chat because the user literally says "Thanks, I got it." But I have sold so many games through eBay that I am definitely a trusted seller. I have tons of good feedback on eBay for doing the exact same thing. And what's funny is the person even left me good feedback on eBay last night. Kinda funny. Makes no sense.

Oh yeah, this person also unfriended me and blocked all my communication so I can't try to add them now.​

Provide Evidence:
    Well, I don't know what more evidence I could provide. Let me know if there's anything else you need. Whenever I take the screenshot I use for evidence, I take a picture of the order details from eBay, the trade window after both parties have agreed with my mouse wheel over the copy of the game to show what it is, and the chat window where the user has identified themself to be the user from eBay and to show that they agreed to no PayPal claims. You can clearly see that in the chat window.

This should probably be sufficient evidence!​

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Marking ready for review.
    You do realize that Ebay owns Paypal and this sale went directly through them. This might be a loophole for you to get reimbursement. Not sure if im correct or not but It sounds good when I say it.
  3. MrNomad

MrNomad New User

Steam:
    Yeah I do know that :p It worked last time this problem came up. I really don't like dealing with eBay and Paypal anymore. They honestly both suck. I've got a ton of evidence submitted in my PayPal case already. I just wanted to go ahead and make sure this user is done scamming!

Also, as far as me having that other person that tried to scam me a while back... Do you think I should report them as well? They also unfriended me and blocked me. Here's that cool guy: http://steamcommunity.com/id/methjimbo
  4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    If you have valid proof. His account is just over a year old and has over 250 games on it. Sounds like he has been busy.
  5. MrNomad

MrNomad New User

Steam:
    Yeah I still have all of the screenshots and everything. I have the PayPal case that he lost. Kinda funny. Found him on FaceBook. Turns out it was his girlfriend's eBay account. I was just going to bill their home address forever until they paid me anyways. If they hadn't paid by then I was just gonna get a collection agency to do it. No one is going to get away with scamming me.
  6. MrNomad

MrNomad New User

Steam:
    Just got a message from another eBay user that got scammed by him as well. I think he was selling a uPlay code or something like that. This guy definitely needs to be shut down before it gets worse.
  7. MrNomad

MrNomad New User

Steam:
    Was this thread ever reviewed??
  8. erwinbantilan

erwinbantilan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:67588654
  9. MrNomad

MrNomad New User

Steam:
    Hey Sivartz, was this guy ever marked by Steam Rep? Just wanna make sure he never gets to anyone else.
  10. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello please give uncropped, unmodified versions of the screenshots you did; trading history; paypal history; screenshot of the claim,
  11. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Hello,

I apologize for the delay in responding to this report. Unfortunately, we will be unable to proceed with the report due to the following:
    • The entire chat conversation appears to be either incomplete or missing, of which would contain the ENTIRE trade agreement and is vital for a report to be processed. The agreement should always be discussed within the Steam Chat.
    • Screenshots must be full screen, uncropped, and unedited.
    As such, this report will be marked Declined. Please read this guide: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/ and https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/ prior to submitting a report.

Regards.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**