1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198120392425 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Pkms™, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pkms™

Pkms™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49756398
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Gambling] Gambling fraud or spycrab runner
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198120392425 ()

Victim profile: 76561198059778525

What happened? Description:
    I admin in = ocu = Trading Network servers, one of our mods = ocu = Mrs.Roxy told me to join our 3rd server since there was someone hosting a raffle of an Unusual Team Captain. The minute I got in I checked his/her backpack to find out he/she didn't had said Unusual. Our other mods joined in, = ocu = Cookie Monster and = ocu = DatDnB to check his/her inventory history to see if he/she ever owned said Unusual, which they found out he/she never had. Since I needed proof of him/her hosting the raffle, I said I wanted to join, I added him/her and he/she talked to me through the trading chat and I asked who has this Unusual, he/she responded that his/her friend EpicTarantula has it but he/she didn't had it in his/her friend's list since EpicTarantula doesn't like holding people as friends. I took enough pictures of proving he/she was doing the raffle. Our group doesn't let our members make raffles on any of the servers anyways. After said events happen, he/she ran off from our server and has changed his/her name to "the guy who scamed on 6/27/2014". When said events happen, his/her name was "lorrainejohnson".​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

DatDnB likes this.
  2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    You let them take everyone's keys and hold the raffle anyway?
    Or did you ban this person straight away.
  3. DatDnB

DatDnB New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58344356
    I joined the server not knowing that this was going on. I had heard something about a burning team captain being a friend's inentory. Shortly after, I was told the story, and started to help find out the truth. The player did indeed say that their friend had a team captain with burning flames effect. Once we had enough proof of the scam, the player left and changed their name.
  4. DatDnB

DatDnB New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58344356
    We do not know if they had gotten any keys from it. I saw no keys in the player's inventory.
  5. Pkms™

Pkms™ New User

Steam:
    The server only had 8 people, half of them were mods and admins, he didn't trade anyone, I was the first person to trade him and got the proof above.
  6. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Give me the server chat logs showing them adverting a raffle on your server.
  7. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Its redundant but proves without a shadow of doubt that they meant to scam.
  8. Pkms™

Pkms™ New User

Steam:
    When I joined in, he started explaining the raffle through the mic, I had to add him and made him explain it to me through the trade chat.
  9. = ocu = Mrs.Roxy

= ocu = Mrs.Roxy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:65471785
    well heres what happened i was told to move to anvil our 3rd server and as soon as i joined amd he/she asked me right away if i wanted to join a raffle me being a new mod i did not understand how to do a raffle so i called our owner but he was busy and he told me that this was a 1 key entry to join i asked the prize he said a burnining Tc so instantly i knew he was scamming so i got pkms on and i made him go under cover and get the info but most of the convo was on mic. and then it follows up with pkms story.
  10. (Derp) Cookie Monster

(Derp) Cookie Monster New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25434707
    I was there aswell. He only used voice chat other then what pkms gave you already. Should be enough proof. It was obvious as he did not have any unusual and never did. I checked his bp history. His intent was to scam people out of keys.
  11. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Thanks guys, sounds like you guys have a nice server. I will gladly mark this ready for review.
    If more community admin worked together as well as you guys have the scam level would be sure to drop.
  12. (Derp) Cookie Monster

(Derp) Cookie Monster New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25434707
    Ez report. Sadly steamrep is becoming useless.
  13. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello @Pkms™,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.