1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198078289516 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Sanctuary Cat, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Sanctuary Cat

Sanctuary Cat New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35629190
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198078289516

Victim profile: 76561198031524108

What happened? Description:
    I was attempting to sell my Karambit: Crimson Web knife, and after much discussion he agreed to go first and send payment if I was willing first temporarily loan him a token of good faith (in this case, an M4A4 Asiimov, FT, and another personally sentimental dota item but that had little actual monetary value) which would be returned after the trade. Immediately after providing those items, he turned around and said I would have to trade him the knife in order to recover the items, and that he would be giving no payment. Compared to what I could have lost, it wasn't much, but he really should be labelled as a scammer so that he cannot continue to do so. Though he will keep doing so on CS:GO Lounge too, but this is the least one can do in case someone double-checks Steamrep before trading.​

Provide Evidence:
    Initial Agreement: His agreement to pay $320 on Paypal for the knife in question
    Scam Reveal: Self-explanatory, his both admitting to and attempting to perform the scam
    More Info & Confirmation of Intent: Continued conversation, showing that it is his explicit intent to scam and not misunderstanding
    Inventory History: Showing the actual trade
    Profile: The result of clicking through Inventory History to that profile.​

Attached Files:

2. Voja Seselj

Voja Seselj New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59011894
    I just woke up to this, unfortunately bro it seems like u have been hit by an imposter, tho i don't know u have lied and told the the profile.png is the same person who scammed you, you have probably lost his profile and weren't aware that fake profiles exist, and as much as i am sorry for the loss of your items i implore the admins to give me a list of all the evidence i need to provide to clear my name, thank you in advance.
  3. M'aiq

M'aiq New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36600438
    Well, OP did say he got your profile by clicking on the person from inventory history, so one of you is clearly lying.

OP, hover your cursor over the accused's name in your inventory history while doing a screenshot, so we could see url it leads to.

The accused, did you knew the victim before you found this report?
  4. M'aiq

M'aiq New User

Steam:
    "did knew", sorry for my english =/
  5. SirRai

SirRai New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37249878
    Sorry to butt in, but, if you look at the accused profile's, he does have the M4A4 Asiimov in the first slot, which means that's the latest time he's received for CS:GO - shouldn't that be proof enough? Considering, the accused reasoning is that OP has made a mistake and clicked on his profile when there was really just an "imposter"?
  6. M'aiq

M'aiq New User

Steam:
    Ahh, just wait for any (counter)evidence incoming, I'm utterly eager to see it myself.
  7. Voja Seselj

Voja Seselj New User

Steam:
    I never had any contact with the accused though he did leave an offer to sell me his knife on my csgol trade.

As for the counter evidence i uploaded my inventory history, I hope that should clear it out, but im happy to provide anything else u might ask to clear my name,

Attached Files:

8. M'aiq

M'aiq New User

Steam:
  9. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello, can you give a screenshot of ALL your paypal history?
    Make sure it shows at least one month of history.
  10. Sanctuary Cat

Sanctuary Cat New User

Steam:
    There isn't any paypal transaction recorded because the scam took place before any payment could've been made. Essentially he agreed he would be willing to go first and pay, if I temporarily let him hold onto the couple of items (M4A4 and Dota item) until the transaction for the knife concluded as a type of insurance that he was claiming he would like against being scammed. Ironic. Once I gave him those items, expecting him to then go first and send a payment for the knife, he immediately then refused to pay and wanted the knife itself anyways, as the chat logs show I believe. As M'aiq pointed out, he has already blatantly lied about not having contact with me.

All that being said, if you still want my paypal history, I'm happy to provide it. I haven't used it in the past year though so it'd be barren, but if it's of use still then of course.
  11. Sanctuary Cat

Sanctuary Cat New User

Steam:
    Also, just to re-iterate that it is indeed the correct account, this is the URL displayed when hovering over the name in my inventory history. It is his.

Attached Files:

12. Sanctuary Cat

Sanctuary Cat New User

Steam:
    Here's the Paypal history.

Attached Files:

13. Voja Seselj

Voja Seselj New User

Steam:
    Yeah i don't know who is sending u against me but the photoshoped "doublecheck" is really pathetic. As for the friendship history, i thought i was clear when i said i didn't have any contact with this troll, i add 100s of ppl every day to purchase/sell items so i don't actually have time to talk to every one of them and usually i delete them after 1 day unless we make contact (u can check that on your little history checker too). As for the "ur history is taken right before the trade" then tell me how is it possible that i had your comment from "Today at 4:42 PM" in the background, and where is the asiimov and this other item this troll claims to have given me. All in all i don't know who is sending u and why is it my reputation you want to ruin, but these people clearly have malicious intent.
  14. M'aiq

M'aiq New User

Steam:
    > wall of text
    > not a single counter proof except "ur lyin'1!!!"
    Mkay, mate.
  15. Sanctuary Cat

Sanctuary Cat New User

Steam:
    If you really think it's photoshopped, I can live screenshare with one of the admins, and then go through my inventory history and click on the profile. I could probably even record me doing just that on Fraps or something. Up to the admins.
  16. Sanctuary Cat

Sanctuary Cat New User

Steam:
    Also, much like how Nixon saying "I'm not a crook" planted the idea in peoples' minds of him being a crook....you accusing of photoshopping suggests you might actually be photoshopping your inventory history. Small note.
  17. Sanctuary Cat

Sanctuary Cat New User

Steam:
  18. Sanctuary Cat

Sanctuary Cat New User

Steam:
    Lastly, this isn't malicious intent on *my* part. Intentionally seeking out people to scam, taking their items under false pretenses, and then bald-face lying about things afterwards...seems pretty indicative of your intent. When pressured, you start flinging insults and conspiracies like someone else is sending me to ruin your reputation? No indeed. I'm interested in seeing justice fairly done. Where you've met questions with aggression, I've returned evidence.

I will be happy to providing anything else possibly needed from me regarding this case.
  19. Sanctuary Cat

Sanctuary Cat New User

Steam:
    Ope, forgot to answer this. At SirRai's time of posting his comment on this thread, you apparently actually still had an Asiimov in your inventory, and at my current time of posting have one in your inventory again. As for as the Dota item goes...in both the "More Info" and the "Confirmation of Intent" screenshots from the initial post, you are repeatedly threatening to delete it. It's not a really a leap to think that...maybe you deleted it. What a twist, I know.
  20. Voja Seselj

Voja Seselj New User

Steam:
    Like i said i never had contact over steam with you. I do have an asiimov in my inventory, it was an asiimov i had for quite some time ago that i gave to a friend, i can also provide those screenshots to prove this as well. All of your arguments are just walls of text with no prove that i actually did do anything, while i provided enough evidence that i never took anything from you, so you are doing exactly what u are accusing me of doing. In the end all i have left is to stop communication with you and your little friend M'aiq (in fact i am sure you 2 know each other are are doing this on purpose). I won't be replying to this thread anymore to your unfounded accusations, unless a moderator demands further proof of my innocence.