1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Shutting Down the Computer deleted the Chat Log

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by [TNC:A] The_Ultimate_Kaan, Aug 20, 2014.

1. If needed, feel free to archive this thread.
  2. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    I have seen valve consider on many occassions team viewer hijackings as no different than regular hijackings and restore items. I'd suggest you create a ticket and continually press politely for them to restore your items after they reset your password and everything
  3. No he didn't hijacked me. He just made a trade offer for his account, putting only my unusual in the trade offer. He used TeamViewer to accept and steal my unusual.
  4. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Regardless, it's still worth it to submit a ticket to steam support. He was using your account and committing unsanctioned actions. By definition that is a hijacking. Do you really think it can hurt you to submit a ticket?
  5. I never thought that using TeamViewer to steal was hijacking. Thanks to you, I will now submit a ticket to Steam Support.
  6. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    When I was hijacked this time two years ago, it was similar, not teamviewer. The user took over my computer and transferred items out of my account via my computer through malware that had been spread. Obviously it's not the same, but it is similar in that your computer was the one to have traded the items.

Like I mentioned above i have also talked to a few friends of mine (at least 3 that I can think of) who had their items restored after a teamviewer hijacking. I cannot promise they will restore your items, it is quite possible that they don't buy your story, I would go ahead with the ticket, for sure.
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I'll come here so I don't mess with the guide you posted in any more but you have to understand that when I said "nothing" that can be done, that this is based on what I've seen in the past. You can submit a steam ticket yea but at the end of the day there is nothing you can do HERE on the report you made, and the likely hood of anything happening from Steam is gonna be rare as well. You need to educate yourself on how the internet works and how applications work, stop being so quick to install things without researching them. I get computers all the time (yes I work on them) that are infected by God knows what and this s✿✿✿ mostly comes from people not paying attention. You didn't save a chat log so there is nothing you can do HERE on SR which is why I said "Nothing" to you and didn't explain more as that was what you were asking.
    Pacquis and Tio José das Vacas like this.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Here at SteamRep we need proof of a trade agreement (chat screenshot), proof of trade or non-trade (screenshot of steam trade history), proof of payment or non-payment (screenshot of various e-payment methods we support), and/or proof of fake MM injection(screenshots of fake MM profile, hitting the profile in SR will create a historical save of the avatar and nickname on SR, etc), or screenshots of Trade Offer telling that steam wallet funds will be "awarded" once the offer completes, etc etc. There are many different situations where different kinds of proof are required to successfully complete a report.

We require these as proof, to not go only by the story people tell. If a report lacks proof, that report will be counted invalid for by appeals admin when a appeal is done by the offender. So for a admin that processed the report there is no point in processing such reports, and he will only be told so again when a appeal happens.

Hence horsey above said: "nothing" for we cannot process the report without the foundation of the proof we need. If you have not one of the required parts of the proof needed, just tell that on the report, so when a admin goes on the thread, he will see your reply telling that you cannot provide part of the proof needed, and he then can take appropriate action with the report without delay.

Other actions, like contacting Steam Support will have varying effect on you being reimbursed or not. There is a slim chance, sure. But we on SR do NOT give people advice on how to handle steam support for a number of reasons. If you chose to go that route, I wish you luck, but I'm not going to leave the topic open for debate on that part.