1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Guide on Spycrabbing.

Discussion in 'SteamRep Guides' started by {FG} TheMCBros99, Sep 18, 2014.

1. {FG} TheMCBros99

{FG} TheMCBros99 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37872447
    We all know what it is, whether we do it for buds, scrap, unusuals. Here are some tips to make sure you don't get caught with dealing with a runner.

Tip # 1 - Always use a middleman. Most servers reccomend it, but if its over a key, I'd reccomend using one.

Tip #2 - Do a quick Steamrep check. It would help to save you time, and being bummed out when you see it being 3-0 and then that he disconnected.......

Tip #3 - Common Sense. I know this may sound obvious, but I see people spycrab and tell me "He had a warning as scammer, but I didn't think it was real" Come on guys, we are all smarter then that.

Tip #4 - Witnesses. Have 1-3 people watch you Spycrab. It adds to the suspense and makes it safe.

Tip #5 - Have fun. Don't be one of those guys who just spycrabs with no humor. Its always fun to be like "Oh Comeback!" Who knows, you may win. And if they JOKE around like "Oh gtg" or "Coming mom", don't react so harshly.

Hope this helps you guys spycrab!

- Matt.
  2. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Got any experience with this?
    Some runners have this attitude of "steamrep won't mark me for a ref".
    Didn't happen to me, but someone else I know had this problem.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    We'd mark for a weap... If they cannot be trusted with a weap, how could they ever be trusted with something, oh gosh, like a ref, thats a fortune!!!! We rather catch them with some small, then later with a trade for 1200 dollar
  5. {FG} TheMCBros99

{FG} TheMCBros99 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37872447
    Yes, I do have experience. While being a middleman is always a good thing to use, if it is over a key, definitely use one. Some people have an attitude of "People wont' run for something like a ref"
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    did you check out the link I gave above?
  7. Wrath

Wrath New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30129880
    Those people you should ignore. In this Mannconomy, people will take even a weapon from you. As for the ref part...
    http://www.skial.com/threads/scam-report-t-r-d-gamerpro.53065/

Scumbag admin declined it because no video. My ass.