1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198033969369 - (Tranquility / [Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Die Depressed, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Die Depressed

Die Depressed New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25372473
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198033969369 (Tranquility)

Victim profile: 76561198011010675

What happened? Description:
    I had posted an offer on steamtrades.com for an exchange between a 5$ steam game or lower and battlefield 3, which was available on gamersgate for 4$ at the time of the posting.

http://www.steamtrades.com/forum/rsRrf/us-h-5-steam-wallet-any-5-or-lower-steam-game-w-battlefield-3

The user, "Tranquility", added me to Steam within a few minutes of the offer going up, with a second user contacting, and asked to turn away due to having a client connected, in chat.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198033969369 - The profile of said user.

His description linked to http://www.steamtrades.com/user/Tranquillity, the profile of trader Dt.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198066335571

I did not realize it at the time, but the person I was chatting with was impersonating a more prolific trader. They avoided direct conflict by removing an L in their display name, and I did not recognize it, nor did I look into what I thought was going to be the same steam profile.

They asked for Slender, the Arrival, to be sent via email, for their "cousin". I purchased the game using steam wallet funds, and I sent it over. They responded that they were purchasing BF3, and did not respond, promptly going offline and removing me from their friends list.

I contacted ΩAzureΩ, who was at the time the highest level friend of the person.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Raidouk

Relaying my situation, they noted to me that the user had added themselves to their list and they had not given thought to the addition to their friends list, seeing that it was a familiar name. He asked for me to contact steam support and report the scam. I thanked the person, and reported the individual to Steam support.

There is sufficient evidence that the person in question had impersonated another individual, but there is none to identify that there was an actual dispute over the issue, and cannot be traced back to his account. Their profile's past pseudonyms, however, are also those of other prolific traders.

*sigh*​

Provide Evidence:
    I was stupid enough to close the chat window and restart steam, not knowing that it was a scam, until it was too late.

If steam support sends me additional chat logs, I will post them here for notice.

Attached are the transactions that occurred on my account.
    View attachment 41092 View attachment 41093 View attachment 41094

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      74.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      34.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      63.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Thanks for your report. As you may know, we require proof of a trade agreement to process a report and apply a tag. Normally, that would mean I have to archive your report right about now, however, in this particular case I was able to dig up enough evidence of impersonation, and reasonably establish an intent to scam. I am therefore marking this report as ready for review by an admin, and leaving my evidence in private notes. In future reports, please be sure to keep screenshots of your trade agreement so we have proper evidence.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Die Depressed

Die Depressed New User

Steam:
    Thank you very much for your work. After the incident, I had chosen to install Chat Logger++ in case of future circumstances, although I will remember to be more proactive in properly documenting transactions in the future with screenshots.
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    So you know, text logs or the like won't be useful here. We need full screenshots of the conversation within Steam.
  5. Die Depressed

Die Depressed New User

Steam:
    Oh, okay.

I'll make sure to just grab screenshots of conversations, then.
  6. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello, @Die Depressed

Unfortunately, the screenshot of the agreement (In written format, such as chat from Steam) is vital for your report.

As such, I'll archive this.

Regardless, thanks for reporting!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.