1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Not Sure If A Fraud Happened

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by [TNC:A] The_Ultimate_Kaan, Oct 29, 2014.

1. So, I was just looking to my friends profile and saw that he had some weird rep given by other people. I got curious and saw a group called "ZUMBAS!". I went there and found that the "weird rep" was given by from the people who are member of that group.

The disscussion:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/31393162/discussions/0/616187204236482954/

Yes, I first thought that it was fake rep but when I talked to the owner of the group (My friend I told before) he said that this isn't fake rep, it is for people who want to give rep. I told him that rep is given when a trade was done but he just said "No". So I'm confused, is this a fraud or not?

Also the disscussion was Turkish so for you guys to translate, I'll put the thing that was written here.
    "Profilime rep atarsaniz sevinirm arkadaşlar atılan repler nekadar fazla olursa okadar iyi olur hepinize dönmeye çalışıcam
    elimden geldigi kadariyla,saolun seviyorum sizi muck .s.s. <3" FraudOrNot1.png

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Seems trivial to even fool with...

Are you bored enough to go thru all this trouble to hunt down someone or a group that is giving profile rep be it legit or just for the hell of it?? I get players that leave it on my profile all the time for whatever reason and I really don't give a s✿✿✿ enough to go delete it out of fear mongering.

My suggestion... leave it be.
  3. No, it isn't the thing you are talking about. He is ASKING for it, not randomly getting rep. I really think that this falls under "Fake Rep" but I'm really confused right now.
  4. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    Doesn't matter anymore. SteamRep doesn't look at those, but some of the partner communities do. It'd probably be best to leave it alone, though, not enough to go on here.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/notice-changes-to-investigation-policy.47952/
  5. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Pretty sure no partner communities handle reports for reputation posted on someone's profile.
  6. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    Eh, I worded that poorly and jumped to the wrong conclusion. Communities will look into fake rep if they host rep threads, but no one that I know of will do anything about Steam profile rep, which is partially why it isn't considered valid reputation.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Bit the other way round: there was so much fake rep on profiles that there was no point to consider 'm ever valid.