1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Any way to track someone?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by gukingofheart, Nov 24, 2014.

1. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    I have a user who claimed I Phished him(not as a bot either) and gave me a negative rep on BP.tf.
    That's IMPERSONATION and an insult to me! (I already made the report, and that's not what this thread is about exactly)

-I first of all need to know, is there any way to find out if this user has ever been on my friends list? (Like some quick method?)
    -Second, without contacting an admin(can a mod do it?), can I find out a user's alt (Why is there no button for this?)

If someone hates me, I want to know who & why!
  2. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Quick method - no, unless you consider looking through SR Historical Data a quick method. Try to ask when you "phished" that user and look through appropriate records.
    You probably can try to figure that out somehow but we will not disclose one's alternate accounts unless the main account is tagged with a caution or banned on SteamRep. Obviously such disclosure would mean linking alternate accounts to the main one and result in sharing the appropriate tag/ban.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  3. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Last question.
    Any way to find out who did the search?
    This user has two history results. I'm wondering who looked him up on 11-3
  4. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483