1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected 76561197984073003 big gay french fry (SOP Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by EdFromHumanResources, Jul 10, 2012.

1. EdFromHumanResources

EdFromHumanResources New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11903637
    steamID: big gay french fry
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:11903637
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197984073003
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/76561197991851337
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197984073003

One night back in late 2010 or early 2011 (I don't know the exact dates, memory is a bit fuzzy) I was being more of an idiot than I usually am (it was one of those nights :rolleyes: ), and decided to try without success to scam someone out of their Max's Severed Head. I was mostly just trying to entertain myself and a couple friends by coming up with some ridiculous half baked schemes to try and get a really cool hat for free. Nothing was working so I gave up after 30 minutes. This was a one time thing though. I haven't been involved in any other incidents of scamming/trickery since. I have two flags but I would bet they're both really close to each other time-wise.

I wish to appeal the judgement because I just can't imagine myself pulling those shenanigans a second time. I'm a pretty straight guy who just acts stupid from time to time in a halfhearted free-spirit kind of way.

Thanks.
    - Ed
  2. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19459148
    UHC ban can no longer be appealed. You'll probably remain tagged to matter what.
  3. EdFromHumanResources

EdFromHumanResources New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11903637
    Then couldn't I attempt to appeal my UHC ban by approaching the UTC people? I mean I just discovered my scammer tags earlier this evening. A leader of Wicked Afterlife pointed me to your site. This incident happened over a year ago its sort of a shock. I mean I understand I did something wrong I just wish I was aware of these things. See I don't even play on Trade servers, it just happens that today I tried to join a payload server run by WA. If I'm gonna be banned from Trade Servers, that's okay. I never scammed anyone before this incident and never again after it. It isn't like before this incident I felt the need to go around and inform people of my positive rep for not ever having scammed. Furthermore, I'm chatting with the lead admin about a completely different subject looking forward to server setting chit chat, I join his Payload and I'm banned instantly. I'm confused cause I've never played on his server before and then immediately afterward he shows me a link with my two infractions and I learn about all this. Talk about first impressions...

- Ed
  4. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19459148
    Just to be clear, it's not my website, i have no control over it, i'm just a normal user.

And since you admit your scam attempt, and you are over a year late to do the appeal, good luck but it's surely impossible.
  5. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
    uhc ban was also for "trying to scam buds with a private profile"

looks like there were multiple incidents here. unfortunately the UHC tag stays; this appeal is denied.