1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198062123851 Fª™ªN Fatman (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Fª™ªN, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fª™ªN

Fª™ªN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50929061
    steamID: Fª™ªN steamID32: STEAM_0:1:50929061 steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198062123851 customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brianjong steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198062123851

So i got bored and decides to troll a lowballer . and my friend offers the guy who reported me to sell him alice for 3 keys and i inturn "snatches " the deal from him as impersonator .
    its all a plan but even if it really happened and i snatched a trade as an impersonator , i should not be put as scammer right ? since its just stealing a deal from a stranger . and i offered a higher offer than the guy . i mean the ones with higher offer wins . and theres no fault to impersonating someone who is total stranger with the trader .and he did not lose anything but a good deal .
    and its just a trolling with another trader. you could check that the trader is on my friend list for very long time already . well its just for the sake of fun but i dont deserve to me tagged as scammer because i did not take anything from anyone .
  2. InAmberClad

InAmberClad New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:4623530
    EDIT: IDK how to use these forums LOL. >_<

Additionally, I didn't confirm a trade with him. I mealy said that "I can do this", he didn't accept nor reply. Hence in terms of contract trading, the offer has expired due to time limitations since he took he didn't reply nor accept the trade.

Therefore I repeat, there was no trade stolen as there was none to begin with.

My apologies for this pointless trouble.
  3. Fª™ªN

Fª™ªN New User

Steam:
    EDIT:
    forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198061062185-dweezy-impersonator.5022/
    This is the post which placed me under scammers .Firstly , as inamberclad mentioned he did not confirm the trade with dweezy and the sentence from the thread "In a
    steam chat with the user who accepted my trade," is not true , as he only added inamberclad to talk after our trade ended around 1 hour or so . The credibility of the source is questionable here .
    As dweezy mentioned , a warning or a mark on my sub account would be appropriate , but giving me a scammer tag is quite a harsh action , which affects my future trading and my image as a trader . I hope the admins would be lenient and deal with my case appropriately and remove my scammer tag since its supposedly a joke at the start and dweezy did not lose anything.
    I've learnt my lesson and will apologize to dweezy .
  4. Fª™ªN

Fª™ªN New User

Steam:
    EDIT : Mine's SR Scam Case . Can any admin do something bout this ?
  5. Dweezy

Dweezy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21166670
    The point of my report was IMPERSONATOR (not trade stealing). You're right that no trade was 'stolen' but in TF2 Outpost Rules:
    So that's left up to whoever's dealing with this to interpret.

But to be fair to me and the user I reported, I only asked for a 'warning' or a 'mark' of some kind on the side-account. I didn't intend for mods to mark the main with a 'sr scammer' alert. If the mods feel that's how it should be done, then that's up to them...

good luck...
  6. Fª™ªN

Fª™ªN New User

Steam:
    thanks for the response dweezy . i know i was wrong to impersonate you but didnt think it has such big penalty and it was supposed to be a joke .so it was wrong for me to play a prank and impersonate you. i hope you could accept my sincere apology and drop this matter . now i got banned from forums and my trades are affected .
  7. Fª™ªN

Fª™ªN New User

Steam:
    and yet no admins are taking my case , nobody wanted to trade with me now :(
  8. Starburst

Starburst New User

We take cases on a first come first serve basis, you will have to wait.
  9. Fª™ªN

Fª™ªN New User

Steam:
    1 month now :/ anytime my case would be get to soon ?
  10. Fª™ªN

Fª™ªN New User

Steam:
    if any admind or mods who read this could add me to talk would be much appreciated . i think theres sufficient proof from each parties contributing to the idea of the case , including dweezy who reported me . i understand that the purpose of steamrep tagging is to warn people from trading with scam offenders and put themselves at risk of being scammed . but i dont wish to be wronged because of a joke , turning into an offence which i had no knowledge of earlier . dweezy had plead to be fair to both of us , and hopefully admins would resolve my case asap . i managed to do multiple paypal trades now after my tag , but still having people call me scammer for this
  11. Scalia

Scalia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:6523098

I will be handling you appeal via the forum. If you have any other evidence you wish to present, please do so on this forum. Otherwise a decision will be rendered in one week from now.
  12. Fª™ªN

Fª™ªN New User

Steam:
    Thank you very much for the investigation , have been waiting for this day for near 3 months . i think there should be enough evidence / information on this thread itself from me , victim and third party , but please tell me if you lack the evidence/information needed to investigate the case and i will be more than glad to try and retrieve any .
  13. Scalia

Scalia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:6523098
    Your appeal is granted in part. Your tag was lowered to caution. You did in fact impersonate someone else to gain a deal for yourself. While what you did is conceivably a scam, it is not strictly a scam under our policies. As a result, I am reducing your tag to Caution.

Consider yourself on notice. There will be no further downgrades for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.