1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

New Trade Protest

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Horse, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Not sure it will do any good but a few guys over on SM set this up, I joined shortly there after and I suggest anyone else that has anything to do with TF2 trading do the same.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/oldtrading

The new system is horrible... it kills many aspects of how I run my servers without quick trading do to simple tasks which now takes around 2mins average depending on user which is not acceptable. Not sure what else we can do as a community but at some point Valve needs to listen.
  2. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Same on ASBO, it kills the events.
  3. Starburst

Starburst New User

but it makes all trades traceable, meh, i like it,
    Mattie! and Garrett like this.
  4. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

imagine now, doing a event with 20+ ppl, admin taking wagers from all 20. in old tf2 trading, this was done within 5 minutes, now after 5 minutes he's done 3 ppl MAYBE, if steam trading is actually WORKING. Doing 20 ppl is impossible for by then the server crashed, or the admin crashed with having to swap so many times to steam overlay. It was also easier to handle the people during the trading, a simple ESC key press and he was back at the game and handling stuff, press ESC again and click the buttons, and be done.

with Steam trading and the often FAIL of it, this becomes really impossible. Admins refuse now to do events cos they cant do them responsibly. The combination of server/client/steam trading crashes is not working to do a bigger event.
  5. Starburst

Starburst New User

maybe they will improve steam trading to respond better?

/wishful thinking.
    Mattie! likes this.
  6. Garrett

Garrett New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30129880
    I can see the bells and whistles of it working, but using the Steam Trade is something that's been pushed WAY too fast. Many rigs and games cannot use Steam In-Game and have to be disabled, potentially causing some difficulties for traders.

They should have put Steam Trade INSIDE the GAME not in the Steam Community feature. I love being able to trade across different games and Steam but if it involves having Steam Community pop-up, its not going to work.

Like to see how limitations are being removed but they're going about it the wrong way. I'd prefer to be put BACK into the actual game. They should actually work with the games you can trade with, and continue to build on them.

Such a shame this is gonna die pretty soon. Such counter-evolutionary the TF2 Community is.
  7. Garrett

Garrett New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30129880
    I could only hope, otherwise pretty sure EVERYONE will hear about it.

That includes Robin Walker and Gabe Newell.
  8. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    spot on... the raffle system I created for Endless is just trashed now. I've pretty much givin up even trying to hold an event due to this change as it makes it really impossible to be efficient. I sent a support ticket in to express what I felt about it and having it either rolled back the way it was or at least put the option to users to use either as an option or give server administrators the ability to enable/disable old to new. They should have rolled it back today from all the opposition it is already getting, sad thing even more is they have yet to address all the complaints thus far.
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  11. polyvore

polyvore Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41853675
    I would like to see an option for Steam Trade, toggling b/t ingame mode and the old mode.
  12. Starburst

Starburst New User

trade was broke this evening...

(insert foot into mouth)
  13. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

steam trading will never be fast, as every time it needs to download the full pictures of all items etc etc per time you START it. as such, get rid of it in-game.
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I've been tryin to push people to fill out a steam support ticket..they get enough of them and they will have to do something. As it stands now only thing we have working for the community is forum threads which they won't care about. Flood their support network and you will get something done.
  15. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Found this today:
    Seems they are listening some what... needs more complaints to get the old system back and to stay for good. Please guys send in steam support tickets and reply to that thread as it seems Tony and the rest are reading.

Also on another note how come I'm having to log in twice now to here? anyone else having this issue?