1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198045699135 Tiger, s8. Tiger4252 (SR Scammer + Valve Banned)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by s8. Tiger4252, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s8. Tiger4252

s8. Tiger4252 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42716703
    steamID: s8.Tiger4252 > GO TO PROFILE
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:42716703
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045699135
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tiger4252
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198045699135
    (Steam Rep Scammer)

Hi there.
    My steam name is Tiger. I want to appeal my Steam Rep scammer tag.
    Here's the story. I heard about a new glitch as soon as I came home from after school, I went into a server and saw people gifting each other gifts and I thought it was a new update or some case. Later I soon discovered It was a duping glitch. After asking some people on my friends list, they stated they had done the similiar glitch. I had done it with Kropp. So after thinking for minutes, I had stupidly asked for some gift wrap and did it for the "s✿✿✿s and giggles". After multiple attempts, It was a laughable moment, at one point I had stopped and just saw how many I sent out. At that point I had started to worry and stopped. Later I hear people had been receiving trade bans for attempting the glitch. I started to freak out and stored them on my alt account. Later I had been stripped of my admin and was trade banned with others.

I want to be appealed of this tag because, It was a stupid moment for me, I understand everyone has these but I took it 1 step to far. I had learn't a lesson the hard way. I have regretted it ever since and lose sleep at night. I would do anything just to appeal this. I love TF2 and its community, I have never sharked or scammed anyone. I have helped many people and have wonderful friends and traders. And I would like to go back to they were. I am so sorry of what has happened, and I'm down in the pits. I hope my previous experiences with people will hopefully appeal this tag. All I guess I can ask for is a 2nd chance. Thank you for reading and I hope to see your replies soon.

-s8. Tiger4252
  2. Snowflake

Snowflake New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26280677
    I think what tiger did was wrong, but i think he deserves a second chance. He didn't dupe high value items he duped some craft hats.
  3. Beshio

Beshio New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34351605
    All I can say in this is, you should've known there would be a consequence for doing this. I know it was for s✿✿✿s and giggles. But, nonetheless, I do however, believe that he has been able to outway his bad with his good. I have seen him help people with price checks, middemanning, and etc. I know he made a few mistakes from this glitches, but I feel like he doesn't deserve this mark. SR Caution seems better in my honest opinion. This is my two cents.
  4. Nanaya Shiki

Nanaya Shiki New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:24471620
    I'm more than disappointed in you Tiger. You knew the risk and yet you did it anyways, and threw away everything you've worked so hard to achieve.
    That said, I believe in second chances when the person responsible is truely sorry for what they've done and not speaking out their ass. I believe that Tiger is a good guy at heart and deserves said chance.
  5. Beshio

Beshio New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34351605
    I was personally told by Tiger that he duped up 22 Big Kills not craft hats. However, he did it as Cloudy did, out of the mere jokes not for profits.
  6. HAK

HAK New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29044036
    Dear Valve, this is a glitch that YOU were responsible to prevent/fix, a glitch that can be done WITHOUT using 3rd party programs/hacks.

Banning people for being able to use it isn't wrong, but it is pure laziness instead of banning those who profit from it. I hope the trade ban was temporary to control damage in the economy, and that Valve will unban you later, good luck!
  7. RAYCHARLESWITHNIGHTVISION

RAYCHARLESWITHNIGHTVISION New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16856916
    Hes 15 and made a stupid mistake. As far as I know he deleted all the s✿✿✿ he duplicated, and should only have to deal with valve at this point. Good guy overall, Ive trusted him to sell max's and other stuff for me over the past while and hes never been shady or not delivered. As far as I consider, tiger is NOT a scammer.
  8. |FmL| The Mormon

|FmL| The Mormon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43000117
    I've dealt with tiger before, he is a nice guy and very reputable. Although he messed up, such a respectful and honest man shouldnt be banned from something he cares about.
    It wasn't his mistake, everyone is going to exploit a glitch if it's found. Lets be honest with ourselves. Someone that spends 99.9999% of their time on the game being a perfect player, should not be banned when they mess up that 0.0001%.

Long live tiger.
  9. TG teK`!

TG teK`! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41650655
    Tiger is a very helpful person in the TF2 community. Even though what he did was pretty silly, in my opinion, he should get the second chance.
  10. s8. Tiger4252

s8. Tiger4252 New User

Steam:
    I like beshio said i did that with kropp because we wanted our names on some really expensive stuff, but we wouldnt dare trade it with our names all over it, It was for the laughs which went all wrong. I'm sorry for this.
  11. Moloqk

Moloqk New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45864639
    You do NOT in any way deserve this. What you did was "wrong", but it's only using an exploit. Valve messed up with the update and you just had some fun, that's all. I think this ban is uncalled for, it's Valve's fault for messing up so many updates. Tiger is by far, one of the most trustworthy people I have met in the entire community, and I think he deserves one more chance. Tiger is truly a great guy, and he knows what he did was "wrong" per say, but it's no need for a ban. There are way better things to be worrying about, rather than playing off Valve's once again, horrible mistake. Find the hackers, not the guy duping some craft hats. Give the guy a chance. Truly a wonderful admin and friend to a lot of people. I don't think banning Tiger is an appropriate response in the slightest, give him another chance, it was just a silly mistake.

-Moloqk.
  12. adamv

adamv New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46585387
    where do I begin? this man has been a good TF2 friend of mine since I started. He took me under his wing and helped me through the ins and outs of trading. He would always answer any questions I had and would always be happy to help me out.
    He was also trusted by almost everybody in the trade server we used to trade in and would regularly hold raffles which many different people would enter, knowing that he wouldn't run away with their items or rig the raffle in any way. He is a very trustworthy person and I would(and have)trusted him with high value items. He is always friendly and helpful on servers when I am there with him and helps people that are unsure of what their items are worth(and he tells them the right price). He was also trusted and liked enough by the community to become an administrator of a few high profile servers.

At least he has the balls to say that he genuinely made a mistake and truly and honestly regrets it. We all make mistakes... we are only humans after all, right?
    This man deserves a second chance. The community wouldn't be the same without this nice, honest and trustworthy person who everyone loves.

He really deserves a second chance and I would hate to see him have to leave this community from one single mistake that he made and regrets

thanks,
    adamv
  13. Nova ♥

Nova ♥ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:4618336
    if we are banning people like Tiger than steam rep has essentially totally strayed from its original purpose. hes a good trader and wouldnt scam a fly.
  14. Flying Ninja

Flying Ninja New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51050429
    He's a good person and a fair trader. He has a good reputation. It was a mistake when that happened and sorry you were influenced....and i think you should get a second chance.
  15. JohnsonRod

JohnsonRod New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:15155539
    Tiger is a good guy. I personally have trusted this trader for the past 6 months... Even before he became an admin. I do not trust many people in the Tf2 community but i do trust Tiger. He may have made some wrong decisions here, but it would be wrong to think he was trying to use anything like this to his own benefit, making profit or otherwise.

I suggest him be pardoned from penalization. We need more traders/admins like him in the community.

- JohnsonRod.
  16. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Not sure what led up to this, but I assume you had to have heard of the bug before you tried it. Upon finding out, you had two largely differing options.

1.) Report it to Valve.
    2.) Abuse the exploit.

The appropriate and professional choice would be the first option. Unfortunately, you chose the latter, and you are paying dearly for it. You knew that what you were doing was wrong. Exploiting a bug, especially one as large as this, is just incredibly stupid on your part. It's so plainly obvious that Valve, SR and the affiliated communities would take action on anyone who abused the exploit. I don't completely agree with the SR tags that are being handed out, but you deserve it as much as everyone else does. I expected better from an admin, but you were from TF2-TRADER, which comes to no surprise. If you want to be unmarked, it would only be fair that the others shared the same fate. Don't take this personally, I'm making professionally valid points.

- Pretender
  17. Hunter of the Pain Trains

Hunter of the Pain Trains New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:22749749
    Before I Begin Tiger, Do not think that me going against you in this situation is influinenced by any past happening. This is my actual views towards this and it wouldn't change with anybody.

Let's go back a bit over 7 months ago, Around the end of 2011. Back when the first dupeings first occured. The Notrotious Duplicators who duped all the unusuals and max heads. Are still marked and banned, Even till this day. And while what you did may not have been on as big of a level as what they did. It's still in the same category and There's a hefty punishment towards it.

It also should be common knowledge, That duping tf2 items in any form is highly disliked by everybody. And i believe that an expirienced trader such as yourself should have been aware of the consequenses. Before and When this incident happened. Not just After.

You can say "it was for fun" or "it was just for the s✿✿✿s and giggles" As much as you want to. But seriously, You still did the crime, No matter what your intentions were, It's still the same wrong-doing as the other people who did this glitch. This also goes for you saying "it wasn't for profit, it was just for fun"

And concerning your past. You can get as many people to say good things about you as you'd like, And while you may be a very trustable and friendly trader with alot of people, None of that really matters towards the duping that you did. All the other dupers we've had recently don't look like their getting unmarked any time soon, So i honestly don't believe your reputation from unusual trading would be helping that.

So what i believe is that Tiger shouldn't get any more special treatment than everybody else who did this glitch, Just because of his trading reputation. There have been traders before which have had more rep then tiger, And have still been marked and banned for 1 mistake.

And as Beshio said, If he only gets a caution tag out of this, Then that is fine too. But getting off scot free is something I don't think should be happening.

But overall, You've screwed up man, And this is something that is going to be very hard to recover from.
  18. s8. Tiger4252

s8. Tiger4252 New User

Steam:

Your completely right, but I had no bad intentions of really selling what I duped. It was a stupid decision on my part, the worst I've made in this game so far, I only ask for an appeal because I wouldn't do this a 2nd time. You know me Pretender that I made a mistake, and please leave TF2-T out of this, it has nothing to do with this matter, be professional on that part. I do believe everyone that exploited the glitch for profit should be marked, but I didn't do it intentionally to make a profit, I got tempted for the laughs, I mean having a whole bunch of promos in your Bp gifted by you and useless, that was funny and so was what cloudy did. I know you speak from your professional point, and I did deserve it, but I only thought valve would do a roll back as everyone who knew about this at least attempted this. This was valves fault but also mine I admit my mistake, I now am trade banned, marked, and removed from all admin views. I made the mistake which I'm clearly paying for it but I have also learnt a valuable lesson from this. So I understand where you are coming from, but please look at it from my point of view at the moment.
  19. Ben

Ben New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:7959570
    For starters, were you provided a notification on your steam client of your trade ban, and did it mention the duration?
  20. s8. Tiger4252

s8. Tiger4252 New User

Steam:
    Yep your right, but why did they dupe? They did it and made hundreds of selling off the duped max heads, no gift wrap name, no nothing completely clean, and had intentions of making soul profit out of this game by duping. Common knowledge I understand, but the reason why people wanted to dupe right now was to make again pure profit. Did I? No. I simply made a mistake that my ego got a hold of. I did do the crime, I admit that, so did hundreds of other high ranked people with admin's of servers. I'm not asking for "special treatment" I'm asking for a 2nd chance to correct my wrongs. Did anyone see me trying to trade away my items? Nope. And as for getting people to post on this thread. I typed up the same to everyone else quote"tiger" s8.Tiger4252 > GO TO PROFILE: Hey, as you might not know, I am valve trade banned and marked now as an SR scammer, I have made an appeal if any form you would like to comment or read about it go to http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/s8-tiger4252s-appeal.8067/. I am deeply sorry about this and If you would like to remove me feel free to so so. Hopefully after it can go back to normal. Please don't chat me back asking for all the details now or later as I am chatting with many people discussing this. Thank you and happy trading." I made a giant mistake, worst I have again in this game. I deeply regret it, but I am no scammer or a intentional profit maker. All I ask for is a 2nd chance
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.