1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Why is there no official method to report SteamRep Partners / Friends?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by BigMac187, Apr 10, 2015.

1. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Your wording is terrible, just like your arguments. Once again, your thread was never deleted as you cried about for six pages.
    I'm not "protected" I can choose to run my community as I see fit. You are butthurt over a ban and ran to SR who told you its completely out of their jurisdiction to deal with, NOT that I was "protected" from it.
    In that case, you should call bull on that BigMac187 guy and the last six pages of posts hes made.
    n0:name, Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  2. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32620293
    Yes I have agreed you can delete me from FOG for what ever reason, you all keep bringing up the same point which I have agreed to multiple times. My issue is that I can't report this directly to SteamRep with Transparency and minus the conflict of interest, yes it's out in the open but the Conflict Of Interest still remains.
    My argument is pretty clear. You posting here about my concerns about SteamRep not having a feedback channel is a conflict of interest. Can you argue that point no, but instead you try to divert and name call.

It's deleted rep to me as I can't login thus I can't see it, but yeah thanks for clarifying that people that are logged in can still it, took you a while... but that's besides the point. ... forcing people to login to see legit rep which has been placed in a section where you discount that rep without giving reasoning is very questionable. Also you still have said why you banned me, not that you have to but if you want to look remotely professional you should say.

But yeah this back and forth is just pointless, my main concern still isn't being answered and the back and forth is just diverting from my main issues.

SteamRep admins is it possible for me or others to highlight concerns of partner groups without the involvement of partners?
  3. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    I'm leaving this for a week, my question will still stand:

SteamRep is it possible for me or others to highlight concerns of partner groups on this forum without the involvement of partners in a transparent fashion free from any conflict of interest?

I won't be checking back here, so feel free to add me or post on my wall if you have an answer. Partners feel free to add me or post as well.

If I don't hear back within a week I'll be reporting the SteamRep group to Valve detailing how SteamRep has created a entity where Conflict Of Interest is present at its foundations. They may or may not do anything but at least they will know.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Lolz this made me laugh for real! Valve isn't going to do s✿✿✿! What a bunch of time wasting nonsense this thread was.
  5. Hitman Sparky

Hitman Sparky User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13772726
    I haven't laughed so hard in so long
    SilentReaper(SR) and Roudydogg1 like this.
  6. Captain Unicorn Smiles

Captain Unicorn Smiles r/dota2trade moderator Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55854370
    7 PAGES OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST!

May I point out:

• You complain when given a private venue to talk about community partners (PMing Mattie)
    • You complain about "conflict of interest" when posting publicly because community admins are posting
    • You want "maximum transparency" but you don't want any response from other public entities
    Honest to God man, what do you want? Do you want to be able to report community admins privately or publicly? Because I'm super confused.

I mean you can't ask for transparency then say community admins can't post. That's not avoiding CoI, that's just creating a one sided argument. Accused scammers are allowed to post on their reports and people defend themselves in court. You're welcome to keep toting the CoI banner but it seems what you want is to be able to complain about admins w/o allowing them to defend their actions, which is ridiculous. Here's a prime example: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198057626418-dota2lounge-items.95806/

Read the thread and note:

• User complained about admins out of context
    • I defended our actions by showing full context
    Should I have not been allowed to show full context because it's a "conflict of interest?" No, I'm simply defending our position. You have a right to complain about admins, they have a right to defend their actions. You cannot hide yourself from scrutiny and disagreement under the banner of "conflict of interest."
  7. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Not even going to engage the troll, but if anyone is interested, it took a good two hours over a span of two days to read this entire thread. I feel bad for everyone else who reads on and on expecting this guys point of view to change even remotely, it was a complete waste of time. Sorry I even took the bait and started reading; not very interesting reading the same people give the same responses to the same questions by the same ignorant individual, eh.
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
  8. Yossef the Brony

Yossef the Brony New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:24859915
    Is there a tl;dr version of this thread?
    Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  9. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Yes.
  10. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    In case you would like to report Valve somehwere, you may try this http://www.house.gov/
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    ROFL, you are a banned user, you are not suppose to have access to our site, that is what being banned is all about. You are beyond help if you honestly believe the statement you just made, it has to be one of the stupidest things I ever read on the SR forums in all my time here.
    Standard operating procedure for the last three years so banned users cannot leach off our site after they are banned, took you three years to complain about it? Also, see my previous post where I mention some other comms do not have their rep sections public at all.
    I think you meant "have not", you should already know, but it does not matter one bit anyways.
    Because you are one of the most densest people of all time.
    Now you want Valve to micromanage all individual game communities out there? They will probably laugh at you more then everyone did here.
    Nothing screams transparency like private discussions. Its the communities that make SR, not the other way around. You have yet to get one community owner/head admin to back your proposal. See you in a week!
  12. n0:name

n0:name FoG Owner Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26752334
    I think we can close this, as I see BigMac isn't going to stop being salty anytime soon.
  13. You Are The One

Steam:
    Leave it open, otherwise he will cry about being "away" for a week and we locked/deleted his thread.
  14. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    hmmmm yeah why not ++Rep
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  15. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    Breaking news: Partner Community corruption intensifies as they are fake repping each other now. Inspector Reddit on the case.
  16. Hitman Sparky

Hitman Sparky User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13772726
    We did it reddit! Hooray! Great detective work!
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I've not had time for a few days to keep up with SR, and this topic fairly got out of hand with stuff. So I've a feeling this will be a VERY long reply.

My previous reply was regarding that any community has any freedom in managing their community as they see fit. This can and will never change. We aren't their keeper. We only want to cooperate with communities in order to deny access to SteamRep Banned users that have evidently frauded other users. Quite a number of communities find our effort valuable in their own effort to keep their communities a "nice place" in whatever THEY define it to be a nice place.

Now, I want to address the "concern" over that a community edits or deletes part or whole of a Reputation thread. Yes, I'm aware that this on rare occasion happens, and mostly the reasons for it are:
    - Reputation thread owner was turned scammer, editing/hiding/deleting the thread is then in order to prevent the scammer from abusing rep that isn't there.
    - Reputation thread owner was banned from site, for behavioral on their site was unwanted. As the owner is no longer accountable (being banned on the site, he can't reply), the only moderation possible is a thread lock, or hide or delete. This really depends on what way the owner has misbehaved, and is up to the community on how they want to handle that.

Those are decisions for the community where such happens. We don't set the rules of their site, so if a rule on the site says that banned users may not have a rep thread on their site, then they could delete it.

I (and I assume SteamRep) won't have a problem with communities handling reputatation threads in such a way. The site is a service that can be revoked to any and adjusted in any way such community wants.

And the reputation thread you have issues with, yours, is only visible for LOGGED-IN-USERS, as stated multiple times by YATO. Its also searchable by google. And no actions where even done on it, as YATO proved with his screenshot.

Thats the thing here, we work in public, and we experienced in the past so many years so many critique, that we believe in a OPEN discussion. Anybody may post concerns regarding accounts and communities, but for us it means that those that are accused may respond. This works so in our reports and in any feedback we receive. Its also the reason why this thread is still open, for we do allow such critiques to be posted.

Communities in the past have posted things about other communities on our forums. CBA to go find some of the public ones, have a gander at the community applications section if you must. There have been a lot of infights between communities in the past etc.

With the subsequent replies, you have received a ton of information regarding SOP policies which is NOT based on any "hate" for w/e "genderissues". I heard a lot of things from traders regarding SOP. But never it was regarding this. I know some admins of SOP fairly well, and long ago I used SOP. I cannot take such "complaint" serious.

I know I used it as an example, but that was related on some communities that have some religion or w/e as basis where that is "offensive" to their beliefs. They can ban from their community whomever they like. As far as I'm aware, none of the partner communities have such "rules" that discriminate against race, religion, gender identity or gender preferences, brony, furry, cloppers or w/e.

Hell, I even know one community actually has a mod or admin (don't remember his/her role) that is a transsexual. The owner loves it, he says its the best admin/mod he has.

SteamRep is independent of the communities, what HorseD meant, is that without the partners, our database would be useless, for sites as CSGO-L / Dota2Lounge / Outpost / backpack.tf / SOP / reddit / etc. etc. etc. would then not ban for our bans. That our bans are carried widespread, for we stand for our bans, and such trust can only come if it is public, that they can ask us about bans, asking for proof if their admins find a account of interest to them. They did in occasion in the past, and as result either we provided the proof, or things have been reviewed. We help the communities, they partner with us because they believe us to be a positive influence on some of the issues they encounter.

We have revoked rarely partnership, TF2-trader was such a case, too many trade related issues rose up back then to keep them as partner. Currently they are busy again to get back to partner again last I heard. We talk with communities, their owners, their admins etc. And things improve over time. Nobody is perfect and if we would drop a Partner for a couple of issues, then we would be a bad partner to them. We find our partners important, and in the backend we talk regularly with them regarding policy changes, mostly by just chatting with them to poll them on their opinions, but also by internal threads here on SR for partner and friend communities.

As for a Community changing their service... they can any time they want change rules, services, etc. and some did more then others. The only thing we keep the same is that what our partnership is about stays somewhat the same... SteamRep had to refocus direction various times in the past.

Also, you talk like the Community is owner of the Community... I don't agree. Community is not really owned by anyone. If owned, it would be imo the owner of the steam group or domain and the servers etc. together with his/her/it's admins, mods that actually work on the community to make it a nice place, the USERS then LIKE the community for it being a nice place to be for whatever purpose they find that community handy (trading, gaming, chatting, w/e). This marks out a clear point: the owner and his admins/mods "own" the community, for by their work, the community members LIKE the community to be in.

We do keep tabs with communities, we grow them into partners and then into SCA's. So once they applied, they can report users to us, we check their proposed bans, we give feedback and all that to improve them to get better with that. Same goes with our mods. We train them over a time, and once they get more and more reports they grow into partners, into SCA, once they've shown to handle the reports and appeals better and better.

Any community, as I said above, may change their service at any given moment they want. If backpack.tf stops with TF2 item backpacks, but goes only CS:GO items, then we can't stop them, its in their right to change their site and goals at any moment they see fit. We of SteamRep have NO say on that, no matter what influence that would have on the community.

As for a avenue to voice concerns by users to steamrep, again this thread is still open, we did a AMA on Reddit recently, etc. People have contacted us privately via adding one or more of our admins, or PM'd some of us etc to address some things.

As for your comment on SteamRep not being operating transparantly.... really? is this thread not in the open, for EVERYBODY to read and reply to? That is what being transparant means.

And to bite also in another favorite thing of you, the "Conflict of interest"... As this is defined by you using some financial setting which is totally not applying to SteamRep.

Lets discuss how we see "conflict of interest".

Example 1:
    A steamrep admin gets reported here on SteamRep. The admin may reply on the report, defending their case by providing w/e relevant information to the thread.
    Conflict of interest would be: Handling/moving/deleting or in any way moderating the thread. A different admin that is NOT (close) friends with accused admin will have to handle that report.

Example 2:
    A account is reported here, and is close friends with a steamrep admin.
    Conflict of interest would be: the friended SR admin handling / modding / denying the report (he may accept the report and ban, but that would rarily happen)

Conflict of interest is where handling something that one has "interest" in due their involvement with that is a conflict of interest. If I get reported, I will reply, but not moderate. Maybe I even would ask YATO to handle it ;). Would be hard to report me tho... I don't trade, lol, think I have 2 maybe 3 trades this year.

Its NOT conflict of interest to respond on a accusation, seeking proof, etc. its even encouraged here, to get things settled the fastest as possible.

Transparancy is key here. If one is accused, the accused can answer. This so things can be settled, communicated and everybody can follow what happened. This means EVERYBODY can inform themselves with the information provided, and make their judgement.

And if you behave normally on reporting a Admin, or community or w/e, you most probably won't receive a ban on the communities. Might be from the accused community, but I don't think even that would happen on most communities. Communities that don't seek to improve themselves and address issues found with them, don't tend to apply with us for friend/partners anyways. As you where already banned long ago from SOP, the point in this case is moot anyways.

Come back in a week, or less or w/e.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Friend Members, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  18. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    [​IMG]
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  19. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    7 days has passed I think, hard to be 100 percent sure since I'm in a different time zone.

That was a lot of typing SR, but sadly it doesn't address my main concern. You even hinted out that this isn't even an official reply from SteamRep, great PR, was it or was it not an official reply from SteamRep?

Read through my comments and you will see that I have made many attempts to clear it up and say that I am not expecting and understand it's wrong to micro manage the communities yet you and the partners keep assuming this what I am wanting you to do.

My main concern is pretty specific in that SteamRep doesn't have an official outlet to report the wrong doings of various Partners. Yes there is this general board as you have mentioned but it is not official and if someone had concerns or something to report it can be ignored (Like i have had previously with Mattie yet I got ignored - http://i.imgur.com/xUiikf8.jpg) I felt a lot of people have been wrongfully marked and it wasn't looked at, I could have been wrong and it they could have deserved bans but the fact is these concerns should be looked at and it's a concern that a lot of the community has been voicing (SteamRep rules saying one thing but F-O-G ruling otherwise) (http://i.imgur.com/xUiikf8.jpg)

Your stance is pretty much if we can trust your community once we are always going to trust you.

If there was a specific location for these complaints it will highlight many issues with your partners, some of which that you already know. A specific case is the removal, locking, moving or what ever you want to call it of rep threads. The general community is not aware of this and this is a concern that should be brought to their attention and the community should be able to bring this to your attention in an official manner. If there was an official place for these concerns to be reported then you will be able to identify issues with your partnership and gain a valuable insight into your partners change of ways. Instead though you offer them protection and in the case of butaine it's evident you give him special treatment, he is simply an internet bully with a very long history of bullying yet you support his bullying and allow him to swear at people on your forums without question, if I was to abuse 1/10th of the people he has abused on the SteamRep forum I would be banned or could be facing Internet Bullying charges, yet he gets a free pass due to his site connections, feel free to explain this and highlight how him getting a free pass to call me a cun.t isn't due to a conflict of interest.

Saying your transparent because you kept this thread open is like saying the Mississippi River is transparent because birds fly over it.

SteamRep has many secrets is are proven to be liers (Mattie claiming SR has a 100% uptime - notes in my report) I have questioned SR previously on why a certain person has a caution or a ban when the notes
    are pretty much non existant or something like "Cautioned due to sus practices" when I asked what the practices were a SR admin told me that they won't tell me and that I should chase it up with a partner to investigate, how is me chasing things up with a partner due to a ban placed on your website being transparent? The ban could be placed by SR yet I will still be asked to have it looked at by a partner. There are many cases like this and I'm sure you don't need me to dig these up.

Since your claiming to be transparent I think now is a good time for a couple questions, you can either be transparent and honest or lie.

What is the admin / mod applicication process for SR, who are the people involved in deciding in who gets their application approved? Specifically did Butaine or any previous SteamRep Partners have a say in your application?

Can we gain access to everyones full ban seasonings for the sake of transparency?

You say that communities are interested in changing for the better, I don't see this with SteamRep (Mattie) as time goes on SteamRep is more and more behind and when I asked Mattie if the community can help his response was pretty much we are beyond help and that the community will be crazy if they expect all these reports to be actioned... he has put himself above all and has the thought that if the issue is over his head then it's over everyone elses head, Mattie if your reading this your not as smart as you think, just look at what you didn't to SteamRep.... be humble and open up and let people help fix this mess you created.

I'll be sending through a detailed Steam Report with many examples to valve when I have a lot of spare time and can be bothered sitting through the frustrations of typing it all out, I will be highlighting the strong hold SteamRep has on the community and how they have been dictating who can and can't trade without giving reasoning, how they are operting without being transparent and with conflict of interest and how they support bullies like Butaine.

I won't be responding in this thread anymore, I simply find it a waste of time and am regretting what ever time I wasted with this last post... there has been no official reply from SteamRep and all I am getting is a PR reply avoiding the issues, feel free to post on my wall or add me if you want to discuss more.
  20. You Are The One

Steam:
    Anything scam related you were told make a report thread, anything else you were told right here in the general section is sufficient (as you are posting now)
    Lol, bullying charges for defending myself and my community from your slanderous claims about your rep that was never deleted.
    1. Applicant makes thread. 2. SR admin makes internal thread that is a copy/past of public thread and notes if they meet posted requirements. 3. Internal thread open for a minimum of two weeks (usually much longer) for other SR admins to reply in support/to add info/investigate any issues. 4. Public thread is periodically checked for issues/updates. 5. Any SR admin can then decide its last call to wrap up a particular app (usually strongly in favor or too risky) thread lasts another week or so for last call. 6. Head admin or designated admin formally approves/denies. edit: when i was admin
    No clue who "your" is. All admins have equal say when it comes to commenting on apps. The "final" say could be any SR admin who says something like "any last words, otherwise approve" then the head or designated admin approves/rejects. Its a team decision and a lot of times, staff are accepted even if some other staff are not solid on the choice. edit: when i was admin
    "seasonings"? wut? Like garlic or oregano or rosemary?
    I can save you the time and bad spelling, they dont and wont care about how 3rd party sites operate nor should they, especially when your biggest complaint is being called a cu.nt on the internet.
    About time you realized how stupid you looked to everyone who read the thread.
    Roudydogg1 and WarNev3rChanges like this.