1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    SteamRep is not a part of VALVe and has nothing to do with the Steam Support. No one can help you here.
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
  2. Aphotic

Aphotic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:79413539
    ty Inu, mr obvious...i know i am not talking to Valve... here...i am just lookign for DEEPER info...that i KNOW and sure am that after alllllllll these cases....there must be A TON of cases like me.......and ... so forth.

thank u again.
  3. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    What people are trying to say is:
    -Only Valve knows why you're banned
    -Only Valve can fix this.

We can't give you deeper info, we just don't have it.
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @Aphotic We are not affiliated with Valve, and we cannot help you with Steam Support. Please do not ask about this again.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  5. Aphotic

Aphotic New User

Steam:
    how many times...similar posts like me are posts on forums here? 50 times a day perhaps...so something in general must have been build up ike a MAJOR guide on WHY bans happen...like in my case AN A%^#$le enemy buys my item with fake credit/hacked account and i am been held at the gun point and whereever i go i cannot even STANDUP for my case ...to DEFEND myself...or even WORSE i cant get any SOLID info on why this happnes and WHAT must be done to FIX THIS!

wow! just WOW!
    was that a threat?!
    or mods/admins bullying a NEWBIE just cause his tired and angry that he cant get to UNDERSTAND why his account has been locked and SteamRep seemed to be the BEST place to be informed about these issues...
    well excuse me ... but no thank u i will not give up ... i am a human just like u all...are and dont look me on the bad angle... i am just a bit in trouble here...
    what has humanity turned into????

@SilentReaper(SR)
    (i dont know how to adddress him to these posts so he can help futher, plz do it for me)
    at least he provided a clue on how to write...on this post:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...steamsupport-after-45-days.97591/#post-269646

but i am still confused on what to do to "make this right and unlock my account"....please do help me .... ;[
    just provide me your expriences...or direct me to the right path/people...
    or tell me what to write...if anyone wants he/she can msg me privately too...

thank you.
  6. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    Can you stop being such a drama queen and realize that ONLY the Steam Support can help you or inform you on what you can do to possibly unlock your account? Just file another ticket if you are not happy with the responses of said support member and clearly state "I do not want Support Member X to handle this ticket as I am not happy with receiving an automated response".

The low quality of the Steam Support for some countries is a history that drags on for a long time now and unfortunately nobody but them can provide you with the information you are requesting, so you are stuck making tickets and praying for a human response. Is this an optimal solution? No, absolutely not, and unfortunately the way things look VALVe is not going to change the way they conduct their support any time soon either.

As for personal experiences:
    I always include everything I deem relevant in the ticket. If I am stuck with one of the bot responses, I re-make the ticket stating I do not wish this member of the support team to handle it and demand a human response. While this usually works, the support is not even required to state the reasons for the account lock. There have been many cases of locked accounts where the account holder was never notified as to why it was locked and thus was unable to appeal the decision. I know this is frustrating to you but lashing out at simply everything here is not going to help at all.

Are there similar posts? Absolutely, but most of them end up in the account staying locked with no reason provided by the support team. Fact is they have their internal evidence and believe it to be true, so half of the time your appeal will get a coned response as the case seems to be done for them.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    The reason we close "steam support halp plox" threads is that we do NOT know WHY steam support did such. Only THEY know what they really did with their account, traded with whom was of less then reputable, did things that are against the TOS, etc. Very early on we did help some people, but we found out they've lied to us on what they did, and any answer based on any lies won't work anyways. Only you can think back: who did you trade with, what did you activate on your account, etc. As we encounter lies here on a daily basis (or rather from their side "omissions"), don't know why Valve / Steam Support did a action on your account, don't know what led up to that etc. As repeatedly was told above: Only Steam Support can help you.

We don't want to help on such cases, for if the lies surround illegal / scamming activities (scamming, fencing, carding, w/e), we don't want any part in that. Hence these topics get closed.

Now, stop posting here on this subject or actions will be taken to limit your account here on the forums. I've explained above why.
  8. stefanos_thira13

stefanos_thira13 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36697890
    Hello , i have the following question.
    A friend of mine new in the tf2 won an aussie (on his first tour xD) . After a day or two someone approached him and traded him a lot of stuff but cheap though. The problem is that my friend as he is new and didnt knew the value of items a) agreed to trade b) didnt have any proof of the chat in which the other guy promised him that he will return his item in case he will want it back. Although he tried many times to contact him he is ignored all the time. What can be done here so he get his aussie back? From what i know since he has no proof he cant make a report here. Any ideas?
  9. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Your friend probably got sharked. We does not have the agreement and we don't investigate sharking cases, we cannot do anything. There's no evidence and even if they existed we don't investigated, so we cannot do anything besides providing proper knowledge on how to trade, what constitutes reputation, scams work, etc... He can learn it by reading your guide section. GL.
  10. Aphotic

Aphotic New User

Steam:
    @Inu & SilentReaper(SR)

now thats MUCH MUCH better...THANK U!
    i learned things... ;]
    gj and bye.
  11. JDxGaming

JDxGaming New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52736471
    i have been banned for "fraud attempt or regarding stolen items."! i was reported by a couple of guys because me and my friend would put on girls names/pics and troll people and a guy wanted to give us skins but we didn't take them. is there a way to be unbanned or am i banned forever because it says i can't go on cogo lounge to bet or trade my weapons.... i just spent £50 on a knife so i could trade up for a better one later on! please reply as soon as possible! thanks for the help!
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    you need to appeal to FoG...
  13. Sickest

Sickest New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5975384
    how do i get this silly unconfirmed report off my name, so those kids at sourceosp can reactivate my profile that i haven't used in 20 years?
  14. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Since you are obviously not happy with the service provided by those kids, your membership was revoked. Good luck elsewhere.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  15. Sickest

Sickest New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5975384
    Again, how do I get that unconfirmed report removed?
  16. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Provide your counter evidence there and wait.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  17. Antosheek

Antosheek New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8972183
    Hello.
    1.) Is it ok for me (person A) to buy an item from person B that he has acquired - bought from a scammer C? B is a newbie trader who didn't know about steamrep and rules, and I informed him afterward. Can I buy the item from him?
    1. a) If not, what should he do? He bought the item too (let's say - Max's head), which is against the rules he didn't know. What next?
    1. b) should I avoid trading with report pendging/steamrep marked user "small value items" in bigger numbers? Like Tf2 for cs:go keys. Is it ok to trade 1? 5? 10? 25? 50? I check for items worth over about 5 keys each or combined.
    2-) paypal scamm - should I report to steam, for the sake of them knowing and possibly issuing some sort of trade-probation/ban to prevent future scamms? I know steam in-game items/games for real world currency is kinda shady towards Valve. But they probably would like to know. So should I let them know by reporting?

Thanks for answers :)
  18. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    1.) Yes
    1a.) n/a
    1b.) You shouldn't trade with a full on marked user, if they have pending reports that is up to you to use your best judgement on trading with that person but advised against it till they get the report(s) cleared.
    2.) You can report any type of scam activity to Valve using the Report feature built into the profiles. Now what they do with it is up to them, nothing may come of it.
  19. Should i trust this guy?
    | steamname: qq
    | steam3ID: [U:1:110673590]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:55336795
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198070939318
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198070939318
    This guy offered me GTA V in return for a few cheap indie games. because my dad probably won't buy it for me but under most circumstances he will (you know... parents). i am using this as a backup plan.
    do you think i should trust him? i buy games from a chinese webstore because i am chinese and i don't have a credit card. the games are cheaper there.
    he said GTA V is not tradable so i am kind of out of the trade window again which i am NOT GOING TO DO THAT FOR ANOTHER F**KING TIME BECAUSE LAST TIME I GOT SCAMMED (59.99) WHAT THE F#$%
    can you think of a working method to trade with this person? or should i hope my grades are good enough so that dad can buy that game for me?
  20. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    I wouldn't... nowhere active, and a huge gap in activity till very recently.

But gauging a profile is really some you should learn yourself.