1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198058589955 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Evad, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evad

Evad New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:88363127
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198058589955

Victim profile: 76561198136991982

What happened? Description:
    Paypal scammer. After a fair trade with a legitimate middleman he had scammed me out of $315 on paypal by initiating a chargeback.​

Provide Evidence:
    So I had contacted this user to sell my knife. I pre-checked everything on him as well as his rep thread. Everything looked good and he seemed to have a lot of happy customers who sold him items.
    I talked to him as you can see in the first 2 pictures. We made a trade through a middleman. Everything was good, (Paypal dates and time match conversation ending) until a month later when he had issued a chargeback because he didn't authorize the transaction. In other words using Paypal's loophole.
    I hope these screenshots are enough to convict this person of being another filthy scammer.

Speculation:
    If you google his email: [email protected]
    A pastebin will come up: http://pastebin.com/9G2MSnCc
    Which lists another user who had sold items to him who is more than likely trying to dispute a transaction against him. I am trying to contact this person, but with no response at the moment.​

Attached Files:

2. Evad

Evad New User

Steam:
  3. quY* #Selling Keys

quY* #Selling Keys New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:65538576
    He also added me lol willing to buy my knife Im glad I didnt sell him anything, the thing that made it suspicious was his rep thread was very new yet he was buying like really alot of items, and a few of his profile reps were fake/level 0 accounts/private, he is also from Argentina, their country doesnt have a good exchange for USD so it was all very weird and he had no way to make profit for the prices he were paying, I read on his profile that he do sell via BTC so I asked him to do BTC he declined and acted like a real kid lol I hope you can get your cash back he is probably using a fake/stolen account with a stolen credit card or something like that.
  4. quY* #Selling Keys

quY* #Selling Keys New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:65538576
    I had his Steam rep profile saved and was checking it from time to time to see if I was right about him being a scammer or not lol seems like it was right, I don't think he has a way to win 20 claims or so, you have a good chance to win your claim, call paypal and explain them your situation and ask them to check his ip, but this c✿✿✿ was probably using a vpn as he did all of this in pourpose to scam the most people possible so no idea mate, GL.
  5. nano 2

nano 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42837312
  6. chad 1

chad 1 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51636427
    So i was contacted by Evad today and he gave me a heads up about all of this, i sold a knife to him on March 22nd, and looks like hes starting to chargeback people, i havent had a dispute yet but will keep the thread updated.

Attached Files:

7. Evad

Evad New User

Steam:
    Looks like he keeps changing his name and profile picture, also he finally changed his custom url.
  8. Tangyyyyyyyyy

Tangyyyyyyyyy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25317539
    Can confirm that he has started to chargeback Paypal payments. He has filed for a chargeback on four of his payments to me (so far).
  9. 'Fallen Angei'

'Fallen Angei' New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:24702702
    Sigh this idiot... sold him a knife too for 500 something with official MM now got a chargeback too..
    need some advice from you guys as well to deal with this idiot.
    how to deal with paypal since he went to his cc company
  10. Man from Terra

Man from Terra New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19638256
    Got scammed by him as well. Sent keys month ago and today he opened a dispute.

Fortunately i withdrew money some time ago and the balance went into negative. Called PayPal and they told me that they will not even review the case since its a virtual transaction and chargeback was initiated via bank. Can't close the account either.

I knew there was something fishy when i saw newly created rep thread and a lot of transactions he made recently but i went ahead anyway. Should be more careful i guess.

Attached Files:

• we.jpg
      we.jpg
      File size:
      51.6 KB
      Views:
  11. Evad

Evad New User

Steam:
    Really? I was told they were collecting all the information from every case disputing his chargebacks. Takes up to 75 days for the CC company to reply though, but she said we have a good case.
  12. I Miss Her

I Miss Her New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:102160758
    Sorry to break it to y'all but every single one is buttf✿✿✿ed.

The odds of you guys winning this chargeback is below 0.1%.

Unless you've got evidence that he is the owner of the paypal account who it is registered on before the trade happened theres legit absolutely nothing you can do.

The fact there was a "middleman" between the trade makes me cry even more, cause if you've used a middleman (a good one) then this shouldn't happen as the few middleman an myself i know they always will verify if the payer with paypal is the owner of the paypal registered account.

If he chargeback with the reason unauthorized payment slap that middleman that you guys used in the face please.

Best of luck with this.
  13. Man from Terra

Man from Terra New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19638256
    I was told specifically that this is not a PayPal issue. Since the person paid via bank - the bank issued a chargeback and PayPal complied without any evidence or in fact investigation. Then i asked whether the PayPal can reimburse the money and they said no, this is never going to happen, never happened before and never will happen - transactions for virtual items are not protected by their policies. I can either pay them money and unlock my account or not. I was also told that if i try to open another account or add a credit card - they might charge me on that new account or use my credit card to pay themselves.

The guy i was talking about also tried to shame me into paying them, saying that what i am doing (i've told him that im not going to pay and use paypal anymore) is "somewhat wrong" and that i should "understand their position as well".

Basically they might not even relay the information to CC company (bank) and just close the dispute themselves since i was told that banks do not care about such transactions (involving virtual items) and rarely even reply or change their position.

If you happen to win the dispute - add me on steam or write me a message please. At the very least me and other's could use your case as an example.
  14. SchnuffiTroll

SchnuffiTroll New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:2258567
    He pulled a chargeback on me too for around 350 usd, should have listened to my gut when i saw that he bought random trash knives for cash in a fairly short time.

Is there any point in appealing the chargeback or do you guys just let him have the money? (i got 5 days left to respond to Paypal)
  15. mindeG

mindeG New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:91318901
    Hey guys, this might sound a little silly, but this guy scammed me too. After the money was sent into my paypal account I sent it to my bank account and removed all of my bank and debit card details. Can this stop PayPal getting money from these accounts? If the chargeback does go through to my bank account, can I say that the chargeback was unauthorized? Or do I have no option except to give him the money, because I can't access the paypal resolution center to dispute my case...
  16. Evad

Evad New User

Steam:
    Yes always reply or you just look guilty and they won't do anything for you.
  17. flatline

flatline New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40883104
    I spent the 230 I got from him the day I had it and now I don't even have money to pay it off. I've disputed this, mentioned that several, several other people have disputed his transactions, linked this thread (unlikely if at all that an actual person will read) and hopefully this large of a lashback will get something done. It's a shot in a million but might as well try it.
  18. flatline

flatline New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40883104
    I guess the only good thing about this is that kid f✿✿✿ed up by doing this about 20 times or so. Paypal is already running around like chickens with their heads cut off based off of the varying responses in this thread. Even with how bad paypal is with virtual items 20+ disputes is going to at least raise a few eyebrows.

If you have anyone who traded with this guy link them this thread, make sure we see how many people actually traded with him
  19. Someone 2

Someone 2 Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33937776
    Trade history images.

Attached Files:

Evad and Tio José das Vacas like this.
  20. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello @Evad , in order to proceed with your report please add a:
    -ScreenShot of your paypal history- showing all the activity(go back 1 month, from the date of the scam)-in full screen, displaying the url bar and without cropping anything;
    -Screenshot of your inventory history:

1º-Open the Steam Browser by double clicking the steam icon in the tray in lower right corner of your screen.
    2º-On top left, open menu "Steam" and select "Settings".
    3º-On the new Settings dialog box, select "Interface" and enable the tick in front of "Display Steam URL address bar when available".
    4º-Click "OK" to close the Steam Settings dialog, applying the setting.

Making the screenshot:
    -In the Steam Browser, go to your Inventory, by clicking your Nickname in the top middle and selecting "Inventory"
    -On top right, click the "More" button that is shown above the game labels for the various inventories you have, and select "View Inventory History".
    -Seek the trade that relates to this on the number of pages you have (look below for the requirements).
    -Go to the start menu and type in the seek box "snipping", you will find in Vista and later the "Snipping Tool", click it to start it. It directly wants to make a screenshot. Select the full window excluding the very top of the steam browser window where your LOGIN name is shown. But INCLUDE the Nickname, the steam URL bar fully, both sides and full bottom of the steam browser.
    -Click the "Diskette" icon, or click "File" and then "Save As...", and save it to your desktop.
    -Come back here and make a reply.
    -Drag the image into the reply on the forum from the desktop.
    Requirements of the screenshot(s):
    -Exclude the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right.
    -MUST show the Steam URL in top left.
    -MUST show the Steam window fully from left side to the right side of the window.
    -MUST show the NICKNAME in top middle.
    -MUST show the related trade from the day before to up to at least 2 days after the trade or current date if that is earlier.
    -MUST show to the bottom of the steam browser window.
    -You are NOT to edit the screenshot, and NOT to blank out anything.
    Example: http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-10/2014-10-12_20-16-58.png

@flatline , @mindeG , @SchnuffiTroll , @Man from Terra , @'Fallen Angei' , @Tangyyyyyyyyy , @chad 1 , @nano 2 : Make your own reports. Each report is judge by it self. We will only look at the evidence presented regarding this scam, therefore there's a need for each one of you to make your report with the proper evidence. GL.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.