1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. WarNev3rChanges

WarNev3rChanges New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46250366
    http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamGameSwap/wiki/hownottogetscammed There's a lot of information here about what you could do to protect yourself from a scam, and there are several warnings throughout our FAQ (including that page) about deals that are too good to be true.

Work on your grades, dude. You'll get GTA and an education.
  2. hmmm... i guess so. i will just wait for my dad. but i will use that "trading" method as a backup.
    but this really doesn't feel right. what do you say? this guy said, his pc cannot run GTA V and he have dying light and COD ghosts in his wishlist. i think i will only use the trade as a last resort.
  3. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    I would highly advise against trading with gifted games, pure and simple, he's able to chargeback or otherwise scam you. Ultimately, if you have any doubts about the character of a person with whom you're possibly going to trade, then I advise straying away from any risk.
  4. Well, i do not doubt the personality of this person. he is very friendly indeed. but i just had bad experiences (2 times) so i am really afraid about it.
  5. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    Being friendly isn't the same as being trustworthy. You should only risk trades with those who you can trust, not who is nice.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Lol, scammers play "nice" till its time for them to pay, then they play "dead".
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. Happy Banana

Happy Banana New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53491607
    So on my steam report page I reported my friend for attempting to scam me. Though then he gave it to me and I realized how stupid I was, since he was just referring to a scam video we watch when he was at my house. How do I delete the pending report and or can you cancel it?
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    If you made the report on Steam, then you can't do any with it anymore.
    Enstage likes this.
  9. at least you can leave a response under that message and close the ticket.
  10. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32620293
    Hi just wondering if I was to post questions here if there was a chance they will get deleted, thanks.
  11. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    unlikely.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  12. FlyingMuppet

FlyingMuppet New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:22631587
    Hey I've been waiting for coming up on a year now for my appeal to be handled here, do you have any idea when a verdict will be reached?
  13. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    Happy Banana are you referring to this report?
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-counter-strike-global-offensive-items.98492/

If so, please see my comments in that report.
  14. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Looked around for a bit and couldn't find an answer for this:

If one is SR marked and yet also has pending SR reports against him/her still, would he/she have to wait until his/her pending reports are concluded before appealing?
  15. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    My personal opinion is that those reports would be evaluated as evidence for the appeal. And it would depend on the timing. For instance, if Person A were banned 5 months ago, then appealed, and then has a report from a week ago and that evidence proves conclusive, I'd decline the appeal.
    You Are The One and Roudydogg1 like this.
  16. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    The appeals admin will review all reports filed against the appellant (even archived ones), which is part of why appeals take so long. If there's solid evidence in report(s) made since the time the tag was applied, the appeal is very unlikely to be granted.
    Roudydogg1 and Eoj Nawoh like this.
  17. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    This thread has been re-branded (for lack of better term) to accommodate the staff as a whole instead of just the moderation team.
    Eoj Nawoh and Hitman Sparky like this.
  18. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    It needed review and FAQ entries written with it, and a new topic after that.. didn't have time to do so yet... 33 pages is a bit too much, and to be able to expand the FAQ with all these questions makes it easier for people to find their issue.

Was planning to use the Expanded FAQ and split it up and have multiple Expanded FAQ's for specific topics. But redoing all that and integrating this, rereading the entire topic for questions not in our faq etc is a lot of work.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  19. streetrider43

streetrider43 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:58200913
    can any one tell me what is the criteria to become a middle man ?
  20. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Don't double post, you where answerred on you'r topic, which was probably the 10.000th thread asking for being MM.