1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

SourceOP just deleted my rep thread

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by BigMac187, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32620293
    I thought I'll report that SourceOP just deleted my Rep Thread so it doesn't seem like it's viewable to people logged in / via google search.

It got deleted not because of a scam related issue but because I have been vocal with concerns here, I think this highlights how SteamRep should be reviewing partners actions after partnership status to make sure they are doing right by the community and staying professional and not passing judgement based on personal feeling.

Personally I haven't pointed anyone to that Rep for a while as I'm no longer buying but the fact that SteamRep is happy to continue to support websites that can ruin reputation at the drop of a dime and for personal reasons is concerning and isn't a positive reflection on what SteamRep originally stood for.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello milz187,
    The following thread that you created has been deleted
    ==========================================================================
    Thread: bigmacineedadoublecheesebuerger rep and Middleman thread
    Forum:
    Reason: *administrative*
    ==========================================================================
    If you have any questions, you can ask an administrator for assistance.
    Sincerely,
    The SourceOP Forums staff
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    @You Are The One was pretty clear about it:
    So now it probably got removed and so what?
    You have already written pretty much the same in http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...od-to-report-steamrep-partners-friends.97426/ and even though that reputation thread was not removed at that time, you were told that partner communities can remove e.g. rep threads for any reason at any time...

Hitman Sparky likes this.
  3. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Yeah I understand that partners can do what they want but I think it should be a concern to SteamRep when partner start deleting 4-5 year rep threads with 14+ pages for personal reasons and I am well in my rights to report this.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Removing a rep thread on SOP has nothing to do with SteamRep.... not before being a partner and not during being a partner. It is their site, SOP can do anything they want. If they feel they want to take your rep thread and change every other word to Pony then they can do it and you can't do anything about it nor will SteamRep do anything about it.

It does not matter how many pages..how many years its there site they can do whatever they wish...there is nothing to report and SR has no jurisdiction over SOP or other communities in that regard, Valve doesn't give a s✿✿✿, I don't give a s✿✿✿... nobody gives a s✿✿✿!

I really find it hard to believe you just can't grasp this concept, it just blows my mind of how dense your mind really is.
  5. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    How many threads do you need about thIs?

I can see 8 pages long thread was not enough for you.
  6. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    So your saying a website that's called SteamRep which is a reputation based website shouldn't have an issue with their partners deleting 14+ pages of reputation for personal reasons? I don't care if you give a s✿✿✿ or not, I am not reporting it to you, I am reporting it to SteamRep.
  7. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Things changed since then, so as things happen more threads will be created.
  8. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I didn't say a website called SteamRep, get your s✿✿✿ straight. I said SOP and they can do whatever they wish on their site at any time, they own it.
    Enstage likes this.
  9. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Yes they can do what they want and SteamRep can do what they want which is why I am highlighting this to them (SteamRep - I am reporting to SteamRep and not to SourceOP or your community), I am highlighting this to SteamRep and to notify them that a partner of theirs is deleting reputation for personal reasons, SteamRep is acting as a reputation website but they have a partnership with a group that is deleting reputation based on personal feelings and not scam related, their partners are going against their direction and this should be highlighted.
  10. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Use your original 8 page thread when you first wrongly claimed your thread was deleted.

Also, in the process of removing every post you ever made on SOP. Because you agreed to our sites ToS/Rules that say we can.

Once again, this is not an SR issue as you have been told repeatedly

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  11. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.