1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Can we get more information regarding some markings?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by BigMac187, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    I shed a tear
    Enstage likes this.
  2. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32620293
    It really depends on how the functionality is setup, with process your not bound to having the same trust levels across the board as if you feel that certain processes need to be hidden from the certain individuals (group) then you simply keep those processes hidden from them, take backpack.tf as an example their level 1 functionality is open to the community and is driven by the community, yes there are people that have their own agenda but these are then dealt with once it reaches the next level and a suggestion is not passed unless it met the mods / admins requirements, ask those mods if they can handle all the incoming requests without these people and where they what their backlog will be without them, they won't be wrong to answer like SteamReps.

1. As mentioned they private methods don't need to be told to these users and these shouldn't be any random community member and they will have their own level of trust (rep thread..ect), once they pass on the case for request to be closed or continued they will leave detailed notes with links ( and other research) for the next level saying why it should or shouldn't be closed / continued and then the next level can then decide. No private process was passed and time was saved.

2. Once again this is dependent on the process, if it's a concern they could fast track cases then you get them to work out of a queue and having it as process they they should work from oldest to newest, as an example the order could be in an excel sheet and the sheet could be managed by a mod, the mod via a drop down could assign cases to staff. Process can be built to cover concerns.

3. Not if you don't give them the opportunity to and lets be honest the reputation of SR isn't at a high point at the moment and you shouldn't be fearing change you should be promoting it.

I've heard SteamRep say multiple times, we need to hire more people but we can't trust people, hiring people in low research level roles is a way to start gaining trust and with process you can avoid what you feel could be a risk and it's the only way to turn around and keep ahead of the massive backlogs.
  3. WarNev3rChanges

WarNev3rChanges New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46250366
    There's no sense in taking on someone who you can't trust. Integrity doesn't grow on trees.

There's no sense in limiting access for someone and then micromanaging everything they do either.

And there's no sense in reinventing the wheel (excel spreadsheets lol) if you don't plan to at least make the f✿✿✿✿✿✿ thing round.
  4. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    You don't seem to get it, I am not saying take on people with 0 rep, these could be people that have 10 + pages of rep and have 2000+ hours in game. I'm sure there's plenty of people with good rep looking to help out but the doors are shut.

I was going to say various databases you've probably never heard of but then I remembered SteamRep is running on an outdated forum software and excel doesn't need much learning and can do the job.

And yes you do need to reinvent the wheel if your using squares as wheels and aren't going anywhere.

The partners all being against looking for change for the better highlights that there's some deep seeded issues and it just seems like your more worried to keep things hidden from the community then to look to improve. You sit behind the we can't trust people even after I point out you don't need to have the upmost trust for the people doing the data entry tasks and that they are there to make the moderation part easier and while you keep the doors shut on getting more people involved what is happening? your backlog is getting deeper and your core function is getting less trust worthy.
  5. WarNev3rChanges

WarNev3rChanges New User

Steam:
    Nah, man. We're not opposed to change or improvement. You're just not suggesting anything realistic.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  6. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Your entire process is just individuals who suggest actions to a Mod or Admin to take. But if hypothetically, you reviewed a report, and said, there's no evidence, I'd be responsible to still read that report and verify that, in effect rendering your step unnecessary. The only people that would make a dent are people that have a power to process to some degree, and those people need to have an established trust. I know you keep referencing that there's plenty of people with lots of trust and reputation, but they're not applying for staff, while some have in the past stepped forward, a vast majority aren't willing to involve themselves in this endeavor.

I mean, I look through the apps fairly often, I would tend to recognize a large name there and vouch for that person. But I understand your belief here, but the problem with a person to suggest actions is that they either need to be absolutely trusted and we could act on their recommendation without verification or we need to verify all of their suggestions, which is akin to us just doing the report.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    I'm not suggesting to you, I am suggesting to SteamRep.

Is this suggestion not realistic and make more sense? If not provide some details... I think it makes a whole lot more sense and is a simple update but because it came from me it'll get passed up.

• First offense:
      • Item/Game trades: You will receive a one-time warning for any high-value item or game trade with a BANNED account or an obvious scammer alternate account. (This warning will be a temporary CAUTION tag that will be removed when you contact SteamRep admins.)
      • Cash trades: You will receive a CAUTION reputation tag for cash exchanges for high-value items with a banned scammer or obvious alternate scammer acount. Helping scammers profit is not something we can encourage.
      • Ultimately, if it's very clear you were purposely trying to profit from scammed or stolen items, you could receive a BANNED tag at admin discretion.
    • Second offense:
      • You were already warned: You will receive a CAUTION reputation tag.
      • You already have a CAUTION tag: You will be BANNED for working with scammers.
    • Third offense: You will be BANNED for participating in fraud.
    Important Notes:
    • Anyone has the right to one appeal. You should appeal if you feel the evidence is incorrect or you feel the penalty is too harsh.
    • Even if you disagree with someone else's BANNED reputation tag, trading with them is still considered "Trading with a Scammer". Just because you trust them not to scam you, it doesn't mean they aren't selling stolen merchandise they took from someone else.
  8. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    One of the largest problems with this is that people can just trade with a scammer for that hat they want or for a quick profit once and get away with it. The reason there's a little room in the definition is so that there's an ability for us to differentiate between mistake and profiting.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  9. WarNev3rChanges

WarNev3rChanges New User

Steam:
    Okay, I'll break it down as I see it.

First offense:
    1. f✿✿✿ no. Nobody is going to warn these accounts outside partner warnings - which you've made abundantly clear you don't give a s✿✿✿ about. The question about trading with marked or suspected scammers comes up regularly. At this point in time, the only people who should be unaware of these consequences are new people.
    2. Yes. This already exists.
    3. Yes. This already exists.
    Second offense:
    1. I'm guessing this relates to #1 above - so see above.
    2. Yes. This already exists.
    Third offense:
    1. I've never heard of a third offense. If you don't get it the first time and then you're banned the second time, then you're sure as s✿✿✿ not going to get it the third time. I'm not going to waste my time (nor is any other mod I work with) with more warnings.
  10. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Yes say if I was level 1 and you were level 2 and I said that there's no evidence you'll still need to read over and confirm that there is in fact no evidence before closing it. But in the mean time I could suggest to the reporter that they need more evidence, point them to what is required as evidence and have the case flagged as requires more evidence which will save you reading through the entire contents of the report and skip to confirm that evidence is required. In this scenario lvl 1 could save you 3 steps and then your time can be more focused on the judgement tasks so to speak.
  11. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    lol wait what? you know I just moved information from the notes section to where it belongs and didn't write in third offense, it's already there. Read my version compared to the original.
  12. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    And that is still the case, I just moved the content of the you could be banned to a more visible location.
  13. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Emeritus, Moderating, SteamRep Friend Members, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs, Valve POC, Web API Beta Group).**
    Hitman Sparky, n0:name, Leves and 5 others like this.
  14. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    A changed could be from believe which makes more since since saying believe doesn't really imply it could happen... saying could makes a lot more sense then believe.

I'm out for a bit, as a heads up.
  15. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    We can breathe now :D
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  16. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    That wasn't particularly helpful - nothing youve really said here has been, honestly -. Where possible, I think we all would appreciate if you tried to provide positive solutions along with any choice-rude remarks like that, else you just look like more and more a massive cu-nt trying to start shitee or troll. (Not saying you are, but with your incessant, nongermane messages like the ones in every thread I've seen you start this week, you run the risk of looking like one regardless.)
  17. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    It's not that anyone is looking to keep things hidden, but also, where are these people you suggest? I am more than willing to sit down and have a discussion with those who want to help, but we often have an issue of people being willing to post about helping, but no one really stepping up. And you're saying our doors are shut, where are these people that have been shut out? Take a look at the application section, it's not like we're shutting crowds out. I honestly do wish more people would want to help out, it would make the job easier, but at the same, I don't see that happening.

I also don't agree our core function is getting less trustworthy.

So basically an individual who can only request more information, and mark it as "Need More Info", not able to close or otherwise affect reports?

Overall, I'm willing to discuss any of your suggestions with you, although I will ask you try to keep your insults or derogatory comments to a minimum, a dialogue is only as healthy as its participants, and derogatory comments often discredit those who use them.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  18. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    I seem to recall a time earlier in the year when we encountered someone very similar to you. One of the wonderful admins here said it best to him then, and I think this quote applies here as well.
    So, in the immoral words of Mattie...

19. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    But anyways, I think this is where we part our ways. Its useless to talk to the likes of you If I gain absolutely nothing.

Have a good one!
  20. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    It depends on the level of access you want to provide, as an example a level 1 (junior admin) role or in the case of backpack.tf the community will do is simplify the role for the level 2 (mod) role, as an example say you have 9000 open cases, 2000 of those cases could not have the sufficient evidence required to be processed... if you had a clear guideline on what evidence is required as a minimum for a case to continue then these level 1 agents, (these guys could have a lot of rep but just not the level you feel is enough to handle moderation part) could go through all your open cases and then set these to a status of "Needs More Info" they could advise the reporter these cases can't be continued unless more information was provided and then advise them of what information is required.

Now what this does is separates the "Need More Info" cases from the others, this will allow an admin / mods to jump into that queue knowing exactly what they are looking for so they can pretty much speed through those cases and just confirm that the agent was right in saying the case doesn't have the sufficient evidence required to continue and close the case, if the case had the required evidence they can push it back into the general queue. The fact that the admin / mod knows exactly what they are looking for then these 2000 cases (example number) can be closed quickly and the backlog isn't as big and admins / mods don't waste time reading through cases to then find out that there is no evidence. Once the 2000 cases have been cleared by LVL 1 they can then start performing these checks on all incoming cases.