1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561197966756586 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Shamefurr Dispray, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Shamefurr Dispray

Shamefurr Dispray New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25585952
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Gambling] Gambling fraud or spycrab runner
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197966756586

Victim profile: 76561197996869097

What happened? Description:
    As shown in http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.98609/#post-271982 , Wayne knowingly conspired with another user to manipulate the sweetstakes.tf system.

From http://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/

"These marks are given for shady or fraudulent trading practices where evidence or circumstances do not warrant a full SCAMMER tag. These are provided at administrator discretion to help protect community traders from risk. Note that a cautionary reputation may be temporarily applied as a notice to speak with admins as part of an investigation or as a first offense warning."

"shady or fraudulent trading practices" covers this.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. The Wayne Train

The Wayne Train Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:3245429
    It's not Vs the rules on CSGO Jackpot nor http://sweetstakes.tf/

It's still not even a rule, I already talked to GEEL

Your victim has no problem, were do you fit in all this?

Attached Files:

3. The Wayne Train

Steam:
    Also why no report on d0?

You'd be wrong twice, but it shows you're picking sides.
  4. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Forwarding this on to SR Admins.

Going to repeat what I said, just as a general guideline:
    Reports are not discussions, they're meant only for evidence and viewpoints from the accused and the victim to present their case. Ultimately, that is its only purpose and I ask that you abide by that.
    Roudydogg1 and Monkey 2 like this.
  5. Shamefurr Dispray

Steam:
    You already reported d0. In my opinion (not that it matters) you should both be cautioned/banned for sweetstakes.

Right, then surely the thousands of users who report people for trading with marked scammers should stop what they're doing because they "don't fit into the case"?

You blatantly conspired to manipulate the system - that is gambling fraud. You already have a reputation for adding users, requesting that they accept no other offers and "sharking" them (see, your history can be used against you, just like when you tried to manipulate d0 - http://puu.sh/hqvXy/6cacf26258.png)
  6. The Wayne Train

Steam:
    Please fill out your own report, if you feel you should (about you claiming I have a bad reputation)

I reiterate, this is a matter that has been already worked out with GEEL, myself nor d0 broke any rules on Sweetstakes nor Steam Rep, if GEEL wishes to make "No teaming up" a rule on his site, I stand behind it as I do with all rules, and I think it's a great one! Look were it got me, scammed out of my items.

Your bias opinions towards a fellow god tier price suggester on your backpack.tf are not needed, please don't spam reports as this is (off the top of my head) the 3rd or 4th time you have done such, on 2 reports.
  7. Shamefurr Dispray

Steam:
    Right, so now you're attacking me for reporting you for something that could consititute an SR caution (regardless of whether geel approves or not, you exploited the system and exploiters have been marked/cautioned before). I am not biased towards d0 - he did the exact same thing. Also, how am I spamming reports? I have made under 5 threads on the SR forums.

Not only is this spam but it is also a verbal attack against me.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  8. d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35496514
    Thanks for filling this in for me, Wayne is tricking people into thinking we "teamed up". Then he try get as much attention as possible and spread false s✿✿✿ to make me look bad, the admins at Sweetstakes don't know what to do with the situation so they said they'll "temporary ban me until this resolve".

So essentially, Wayne is trying to scam $3k+ in unusuals and is taking advantage of me by stealing my opportunity to gamble. ( http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...eam-fortress-2-items.98609/page-2#post-272281 )

He don't got anything on me, so he brings up ALL my previous false and CLOSED reports, another pending case (which is never getting accepted) and spread fake rumours.. I don't think this should be taken lightly as he is attempting to scam me and more than just harassing me. Scam attempt and lier, he knew it's bullshit because Outpost rejected this.

Need help with this ASAP.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    notes:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Emeritus, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**
  10. Poopy Joe

Poopy Joe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:96286027
    I talked to d0
    he said that he didn't agree to Wayne's little douchey trick
    even though in this screenshot he agrees
    http://i.imgur.com/5Ipbtow.png
    Towards the bottom of the page.
    When I talked to d0, he said that he agreed to something Wayne said earlier

Wayne thought of it
    d0 agreed with it
    They both conspired

Wayne did think of it originally, therefor he should be punished more than d0, plus he kinda has a history of being an a✿✿✿✿✿✿
    no offense to him

Heres some maybe important stuff when I talked to d0

Pink Guy: oh
    d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°): I didn't agree to anything.
    Pink Guy: oh
    Pink Guy: its just
    Pink Guy: here in this screenshot
    Pink Guy: http://i.imgur.com/5Ipbtow.png
    //(the screenshot showing that d0 supposedly agreed to doing it)
    Pink Guy: its kinda towards the bottom of the screenshot, it looks like you agree to doing it.
    d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°): was reply to the earlier message
    Pink Guy: what was the earlier message?
    d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°): "I think I am starting to get this"
  11. Burk very angry

Burk very angry New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42283035

Hello, other SR moderators/admins are starting to get irritated at all the people commenting their ideas, interpretations/opinions/views are not needed, and if you feel the need to provide evidence, you'll have to upload it through a file, not just text which can be easily faked.
    Monkey 2 likes this.
  12. Monsun

Monsun New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52600256
    I dont necessarily think that either one should be punished more than the other, they both did the act, so they both should recieve the same verdict.
    Roudydogg1 and Shamefurr Dispray like this.
  13. The Wayne Train

Steam:
    Is teaming up in such a way against SteamRep's policies or whatever?
    No, not in the basis. It's up to the site to balance or not the bets. If sweetstakes.tf finds that those crossed the intent of the site or the spirit of how it was set up, its up to the site to ban for it. But as it stands, its not a fraud offense in itself to team up that can be banned for by SteamRep.

A quote from SR Admin.
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    As I told in this report:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...eam-fortress-2-items.98609/page-2#post-273076

The issue is that SteamRep is not going to set rules that are seen by us as community rules. SteamRep only will look into trades that:
    - Are between persons.
    - Are provable.
    - Do not regard specific features of various community sites. (in this case betting).

We feel its the task of the community involved to set their own rules regarding such things. We cannot tell Sweetstakes what their rules should be on this. If sweetstakes allows this, or has no actual rules on it, why would we ban users doing it?

SteamRep is also not the enforcer of such rules, that is the respective community that enforces their own special rules. Steamrep has some rules towards friends and partner communities, but those regard ban ability on Steamrep for offenses they got reported (a bit less restrictive then SR, for SR cannot do for example hijack issues, while the communities do not have that much reports, and they can handle such report/appeals way faster etc)

I can understand its against the feel of being "fair" in some ways. But the win-chance did indeed go down for those users, but they still had the same number of "tickets" and had a greater "pot" to gain on it. Its directly related to each-other. If there was a different bias factor that would favor the bigger gamblers unfair (giving them higher chance per ticket(s) they'd have etc) then there would be a real issue. And even then, it would only be reasons for SR to go talk with the involved community/site to end such.

Outside that, SR cannot and will NOT tell communities what reasons they can ban for. If they don't like somebody they can ban them. SR will not intervene with that. We only ask that the communities that are friends/partners with us to restrict access to those that are banned on our site, and some rules on handling reports/appeals that regard scamming etc. If those communities have doubts on certain ban(s), they can inquire to us, and they will given most of the info (most times everything for their review). If that evidence was lacking, the tag will be taken down... as such the communities can review us on any ban. By being reviewed by any, we cannot go outside our framework. The case I linked above was a new issue to us, and had to be addressed.

This included this report, I've read this report also as part for the research for it. Once I had done my homework, I talked with a bunch of people, SR admins/mods, various community admins & mods, to get their impressions and opinions. This rare case of teamwork agreement not upholding and the issue of leading someone on letting them continue to believe so was new to us. So I had to ensure that there was at least somewhat of a agreement around the communities on ruling on this. We do hope that this issue will be a rare one, for its pretty hard to rule on that.

Hence, I'm closing down this report. If you still feel this should have been addressed, you will have to address it via sweetstakes. And as I don't know their rules, I can't make any prediction. It's up to them to decide upon it, and if they have rules or not on this, or are willing to make one.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.