1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

This is not a scammer ? Please....

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Ликвидатор, May 11, 2015.

1. Ликвидатор

Ликвидатор New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:98859367
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/shu0ku0chi This is not scammer please people, i saw my m9 urban masked bayonet knife and my vanilla bayonet in his inventory i don't know where is now i'm sorry i'm not posted before this post i send to steam support ticket i think they could give me back my knifes but i don't know is that possible, look if you scamed is there your knife or knifes in his inventory.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. Ликвидатор

Ликвидатор New User

Steam:
    I did not want to immediately ask because I think that on this site, or to have someone or that the same even admin, because I saw that your admins are scammers in fact. He has all the scammers in friends who have added me so that I found it, a coincidence that he had my knife in your inventory?
    One of proofs:
  4. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    That guy was scammed by an impersonator. If you take a look at the date that penguin Joined Steam upload_2015-5-12_15-26-7.png and the other guy g.png , the impersonator, you will see the difference.
    Roudydogg1 and SilentReaper(SR) like this.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    yeap, the general public is particularly bad at checking who's who. They've heard of "impersonators" but have no clue how to check if somebody is actually whom they claim to be. So this ends up in:
    - Scammed people reporting the real MM, instead of the impersonator (the reason why we ban impersonators on sight).
    - Others being fooled by this, thinking that admins or MM's listed on SR are scammers etc.

Those who have green tags here, have EARNED them, by their work for the community. they are however so known, that there are many that copy just name, avatar and profile text. Hell, here:

https://steamcommunity.com/search/users/#filter=users&text=☆Penguin The Fluffy

Scroll it down, you will find over 30.000 results with that "Penguin The Fluffy" name. Only 1 of them is the real one, and if any of the others have the same avatar and exact same nickname, its a SCAMMER.

The real MM's nearly never MM actually, for over 99% of the people they have to turn down, for they came with scammer alts etc that they wanted the MM for.

I've seen impersonators copy this:
    - Nickname (Penguin the fluffy)
    - Avatar (black and red penguin with "ptf" and white background)
    - custom steam profile url "pengulnprlnce" instead of PenguinPrince (notice the swapped "i" to a lower case "L")
    - Steam level
    - Badges
    - Profile text's
    - Profile comments
    - Simular items on display

The ONLY way to find if its a impersonator, is:
    COPY THE PROFILE URL OF THE PERSON YOU TALK TO IN STEAMREP AND PRESS "SEARCH".
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663

old news
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. Ликвидатор

Ликвидатор New User

Steam:
    I saw that video.
    I thinkt that this guy who trade a knife with 3000+$ is not so stupid to do that, he can saw the profile in the site so how he can miss the profile ?
  8. Ликвидатор

Ликвидатор New User

Steam:
    Are you able to guarantee for the people who are admins or middle people, and what would happen if that admin/middle man would scamm someone???
  9. Ликвидатор

Ликвидатор New User

Steam:
  10. Ликвидатор

Ликвидатор New User

Steam:
    Is this happen when someone block you or what i can't add to speak with him ... hm hm

Attached Files:

11. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    It happens shortly after removing them, to stop you from spamming invites. Valve recently made a change so that the error adding friend message is different to the 'person has blocked you' message.
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
  13. Ликвидатор

Ликвидатор New User

Steam:
    I click just one time and that shows up, i click than few times it's show the same...
    Why no answer ?
  14. WarNev3rChanges

WarNev3rChanges New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46250366
    That's pretty difficult to answer. The expectation that people who are admins or MM of their communities are trustworthy is a given, but nobody can say with absolute certainty that they will always remain trustworthy.
    Roudydogg1 and You Are The One like this.
  15. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    SR gives no guarantee, SR has a disclaimer on both the SR admin and middleman lists.

guarantee.jpg
    Saying that, it has happened once or twice but its extremely rare/unlikely and in the past when it has happened, SR has tried to rectify the situations.

Apparently he was, you should direct your question to him directly, SR has no clue what that users state of mind was.
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  16. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    I am loving this video more and more every day.

So the funny part is me and ducky are friends now. Don't believe me just look at my friends list. Also Ducky felt bad for having my channel and everything flooded with people accusing me of scamming that he even made this video (that YATO already linked before).

Funny that people will watch him get scammed but wont watch his apology.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  17. Ликвидатор

Ликвидатор New User

Steam:
    I don't know how he think that you are of him, but i don't know how he don't click on your profile and click at steam profile .... That is simple for do it... so what you have to say about that ?
  18. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Nothing, for:
    - Greed makes stupid
    - Cannot fix stupid.
  19. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    [​IMG]
    Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  20. Ликвидатор

Ликвидатор New User

Steam:
    So why this guy won't accept me in friends than ? Because he got my knifes!!! :(