1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198217242924 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by DJbeast35, May 13, 2015.

1. DJbeast35

DJbeast35 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64056235
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198217242924

Victim profile: 76561198088378198

What happened? Description:
    I was selling him keys via paypal and SInce I have a small rep thread and he was a higher steam level (40 to be exact) I went first and as soon as i accepted the trade through email, he blocked me and unfriended me. He stole 8 Chroma 2 keys which i was asking $2.10 for and he did not pay via paypal like we had agreed.​

Provide Evidence:
    I had to make 3 scrren shots for the chat, The good trade shows the trade for the payment that happened a few hours prior to this trade. The file nemaed badtrade.png is the trade going to medley J. View attachment 256984 View attachment 256985 View attachment 256986 View attachment 256987 View attachment 256988 View attachment 256989 View attachment 256991 View attachment 256994

Attached Files:

2. *{HoV}*MishMash

*{HoV}*MishMash Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50947964
    hopefully he gets a good ol smack on his profile in red text.
    DJbeast35 likes this.
  3. DJbeast35

DJbeast35 New User

Steam:
    Well I just got off work and I saw that he is now trying to add me. He wrote this on my comments and his profile has now changed to this. He has offored to give me 8 keys once some become tradeable but what I would like to know is how would he know exatly what was scammed and that I got scammed without knowing the scammer or being the scammer. I feel like he is trying to correct what he did but it is not my job to decide, I just want to put this extra information!

Attached Files:

4. Medley J

Medley J Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:128488598
    So hi everyone, essentially what happened is my account was compromised by someone I know. I ran the darkcomet rat remover (which i suspected since he was talking about it) and it found that it was installed. last night (when the scam happened) i left my computer on idling which I normally do, and that night was when the person in control of my computer went on an attempted scamming spree and made out with 8 keys, and all of my items (including a bayonet fade FN). ive been assured online that i will most likely get my items back, also by djBeast35. i am doing my best to resolve this issue since he was the only one scammed that i know of, and i am repaying the 8 keys that i currently still own and the 8 keys that were his i am going to keep once steam returns my items. id like to say sorry for this and if any other reports come up from around last night it was definitely not me. ive done my best to mitigate this situation and as far as im concerned. to touch on DJbeasts previous post about wondering how i would know exactly what you were scammed for, i was able to check my trade history (since i lost $350+ of items) to see where my items went, and from there i can tell that i received 8 keys that night, so thats how i was able to know what you were scammed for without being the scammer.

also here is a copy of proof of me losing all my items, and gaining 8 chroma 2 keys from djbeast, this is how i saw that my account scammed him, not because i did it.
    http://a.pomf.se/shvdsc.png

if you'd rather have my reupload to imgur or something, just tell me. i use an auto screenfetch script and pomf is the best host so that's why i'm using it.
  5. Flying Anonymoose

Flying Anonymoose New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31172344
    If your account was hijacked you should post a picture of your Steam support ticket. Also, all screenshots/evidence needs to be uploaded to the site directly using the 'Upload a File' button.
  6. Medley J

Steam:
    So I've worked everything out, I've worked it out with the person that hacked me over skype. He gave me a fake clash of clans bot that essentially was backdoored. Sucks but I was able to get almost everything back except for a few keys which apparently he'll give back. I sent the keys to DJBeast and all is well for the most part. If theres any more questions from either staff or anyone else, I'll be glad to answer them.
  7. DJbeast35

DJbeast35 New User

Steam:
    Medley J has returned all 8 keys. Here is a screenshot of the trade

Attached Files:

8. Medley J

Steam:
    Is it possible that this case could be closed? I paid back what "I" scammed for and we've resolved it between each other. There's no real point for this to stay open.
  9. Medley J

Steam:
    Could a Steamrep admin please look at this?
  10. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Scam reports are against the account, not against the person. If your account is so easily hacked to cause this, you might as well actually be a scammer - who says this won't happen again? You should have steam guard and proper antivirus.

It also looks fake as f✿✿✿. It looks like you realized you got caught scamming, had regrets and are trying to cover the whole thing up.

The items weren't transferred off your account until after this report was made - any hacker would get the items off your account immediately, before you recovered it. Why did your hacker contact you? Why would he agree to give your items & account back?
  11. Medley J

Steam:
    > If your account is so easily hacked to cause this, you might as well actually be a scammer
    So I'm a little confused here, it's not my account that was actually "hacked", it was my PC that was infected. You're essentially saying that since it was "easy" to infect my PC, I'm a scammer. That really makes no sense and is completely irrelevant since by your logic, since it's easy to rat a 7 year olds PC, then he's automatically a scammer. It's actually quite easy to infect a PC with a rat so I guess that would make almost everyone a scammer, because the defining factor of a scammer is how easy it is to infect their PC, right?

> You should have steam guard and proper antivirus.
    See the issue with Steam Guard is that it doesn't recognize whether I myself am using my own computer or someone else is using my computer, this means that someone can simply sit behind my computer and physically trade away my items, and it doesn't protect me against that. What happened in my case, is that simply someone used what is called a remote administration tool (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_administration_software). When you use a remote administration tool (RAT) you are often able to remotely control a persons computer and emulate it as if it was them. Long story short, Steam guard would definitely not (and didn't) protect against this.

On the topic of an anti-virus, there's these things called crypters, they obfuscate things like rats and make them "FUD" (Fully Undetectable) to antivirus programs, making the antivirus essentially useless when scanning the infected file. So essentially, almost all anti-viruses wouldn't protect against this either.

> It also looks fake as f✿✿✿. It looks like you realized you got caught scamming, had regrets and are trying to cover the whole thing up.
    I mean I have no idea how you came to that conclusion, but all that is is speculation. Also the "fake as ****", that's more complete speculation.

> any hacker would get the items off your account immediately, before you recovered it.
    If you actually read the chat logs, there's a line that says "all you can trust me for is my item inventory and my level", or something a long the lines of that. I can only assume that the reason the items were kept on the account was to scam more easily, and since I was AFK all night (which the person obviously knew) there was probably not a whole lot of urgency regarding taking my items off my account.

> Why did your hacker contact you? Why would he agree to give your items & account back?
    Please read some of my previous statements, both of which are answered.
  12. Cucumber 2

Cucumber 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92170665
    Salmon is correct. You probably thought that you just f**** up a rep for a good account and the value of the scam wasn't high enough, so you just gave it back to keep it covered.
  13. Medley J

Steam:
    So are you coming to this conclusion off of just a hunch? How do you know that I purposely scammed him and wasn't actually infected? All you two are doing is coming up with assumptions and because both of you agree with eachother it must be true.
  14. Cyborg

Cyborg Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:65481715
    @Salmon and @Cucumber 2 no need for the profanities guys, and lets try to keep this on topic instead of creating an argument.
  15. Flying Anonymoose

Flying Anonymoose New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31172344
    Quote taken from here
  16. Salmon

Steam:
    They can be against either, from what I've seen. I've seen bans even with decent evidence the account was hacked. I've also seen bans upheld despite the scammer returning all items.
  17. Medley J

Steam:
    So is there any ETA on when this scam report is going to be resolved? I don't appreciate just sitting here and waiting after resolving the issue with DJBeast and actually becoming friends with him and playing with him. This is just sitting here tarnishing my reputation despite both DJBeast and I completely resolving the issue at hand.
  18. Medley J

Steam:
  19. Salmon

Steam:
    You can go bother a mod to try and get them to resolve the issue. If you feel there is enough evidence on both sides provided, you can try to get them to process it faster. I wouldn't recommend it though - they have a well defined process for dealing with reports.

There's also a very high chance this ends with you getting a caution tag.
  20. t0M**

t0M** New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:24986628