1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198069439929 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Vi.Be.Dart.WATA, Jun 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vi.Be.Dart.WATA

Vi.Be.Dart.WATA New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38354939
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198069439929

Victim profile: 76561198034462410

What happened? Description:
    Curator using threats of bad reviews to extort free keys from developers. Lack of integrity. Then The victim wrote a negative review for a game and he told me to take it down.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Vi.Be.Dart.WATA

Vi.Be.Dart.WATA New User

Steam:
  3. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Not really sure whether or not steamrep's policies will cover this, but I saw your post on reddit & I'm glad you're pursuing this.
  4. Fusou

Fusou New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:14066451
    If not they should make an exception for this guy
  5. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    This doesn't appear to be any form of a scam, just a private argument/disagreement.
  6. r3k0

r3k0 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43774615
    It certainly shows a certain lack of honesty, if he writes that he will change personal review to negative because he isn't getting a free key.
    A warning should be put, at least, so that others can see this. Isn't that what this website is about, informing people about Steam users who may not be honest?
  7. blinkdog

blinkdog New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35658301
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comm...sing_threats_of_bad_reviews_to_extort/crusgmr
    "When the group only had a couple hundred members. I had donated a game to the group for a giveaway only to find it on the owner's Trade list. When I had asked him about it, He ignored me and changed the subject. Next time I do something like that, I will be giving away the game myself. Also. I was banned from the chat one time for mentioning Wolfenstien. Cause apparently that is offensive to Germans or something."

stuff like this is why i tell people steamrep is a joke. you don't have a tad for this crap? yes maybe not scamer but this guy is harassing. extorting, threatening, and taking keys mean for giveaways by devs for himself. others have even stated any of his none steam gifts giveaways are rigged. his wife won one and another memeber was banned for asking why a gift he gave away was back in his inventory.
  8. Vi.Be.Dart.WATA

Vi.Be.Dart.WATA New User

Steam:
    Extortion (also called shakedown, outwrestling, and exaction) is a criminal offense of obtaining money, property, or services from a person, entity, or institution, through coercion.

Given that it has been widely reported that this user employs a fraudulent scheme in order to extort, defraud and abuse, I posted this. Now is in hands of SteamRep representatives, to consider if their policy cover this type of peculiar situation.
  9. Salmon

Steam:
    Steamrep is about petty scams. This is like saying the NY police is a joke for not stopping 9/11. That's not really their job. If anything is going to be really done about this, it's up to Valve. Steamrep handles person-person scams.
  10. MEATMONSTER

MEATMONSTER New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27617594
    yeah from personal experience i can say that salzstange is baiting people with free keys to get positive reviews in return.
    if you dont do how he wants, he will send his drones after you, to downvote or harass your game reviews.

sure it doesnt fullfill the term "scam", but maybe a case like this is a good reason to add a new category to steamrep, about fraudulent behavior.
  11. blinkdog

blinkdog New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35658301
    not really the same thing and if i'm not mistaken this is call steamREP. is it really that hard to put a caution tag on this guy and link this page and let people judge for them self if they wish to deal with this guy. devs can revoke keys if they feel they have a good reason.

i do applaud what you people are trying to do but i think caution tags should go up faster and be removed or upgraded on review. by the time someone gets marked as a scamer here they have already had 3-7+ days of scaming and in most cases are marked by valve before here. then they are off with another account.
  12. Nibelhim

Nibelhim New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42666945
    Thing is, he didn't really scam a single person, what he did was misrepresent his entire steam group. This could be seen as a scam in itself, that he was scamming his group members.

From the looks of chat logs and stuff, it definitely looks like he has no remorse and actually feels that the developers were in the wrong for bringing up his threats.
  13. [OCG] Rhalkim

[OCG] Rhalkim New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27304704
    • This user is NOT staff, and has no influence over this report.
    Interesting. Nothing of the sort was brought up to the group, even with my being a moderator. I'll make sure to bring this up so to ask what was going on.
  14. [OCG] Rhalkim

[OCG] Rhalkim New User

Steam:
    Opened group discussion about it, though expecting about a week's delay for further report thanks to varying schedules and timezones.
  15. [OCG] Rhalkim

[OCG] Rhalkim New User

Steam:
    Alright, I'm now up to date on the issue. Did you have an unedited copy of the first set of emails? Because they look different to the history provided in response:

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-27316065/Whole-Email-Feb.jpg.html
    http://www.pic-upload.de/view-27268880/2-mail-pr-guy.png.html
    http://www.pic-upload.de/view-27246565/i-write-that-we-do-not-work-with-them-anymore..png.html
    http://www.pic-upload.de/view-27250984/Mail-1.png.html
    http://www.pic-upload.de/view-27250986/Mail-2.png.html

Asked for a copy of a key for review, PR ignored him, he got angry, threatened to make the review negative (not okay), but never followed it up, then trialmod and devs called up a shitstorm against the group for it. Unless you have more to give, I'm going to, as a moderator for the group, consider the matter closed.

No, it's one accusation, and taken out of context. It is their policy however to investigate things properly, and I don't believe they much appreciate heavily edited conversations. I know I don't, it's called "lying", and makes you a bad person.
  16. Salmon

Steam:
    Please upload all images directly to the forum, do not use external hosts. This serves to ensure permanence of information and protects against malicious users who may want to phish.
  17. Vi.Be.Dart.WATA

Vi.Be.Dart.WATA New User

Steam:
    It is not one accusation, thats the point of this post, if you can do a proper research as I did, the evidence is there. There are logged chats, post on third party giveaway sites and other places that support my claims. The damage is already done, and the public image of your group was damage for not 1 or 2 for the several actions that person commited in the past months. Have a Great time justifying it, Good Luck.

This issue is now closed.
  18. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Not a scam/scam attempt that SR investigates and we don't accept 3rd party reports either.

Invalid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.