1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Help me, Can I trust this guy?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by #Ma'jinblu, Jun 11, 2015.

1. #Ma'jinblu

#Ma'jinblu New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:81265537
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    We can't help you more than your own judgement helps yourself.

However, always be careful when conducting online trades involving cash or gift cards. If you explain your situation further I may be able to help clarify things that may come up. Add me on steam or reply to this forum post.
  3. #Ma'jinblu

#Ma'jinblu New User

Steam:
    Hello. I'm willing to gift him a item in Dota 2 in exchange for his tradable item... And I have a feeling of uncertainty. Btw, I added you on steam.
  4. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    The majority of DOTA2 scams come from a promise to trade something after being gifted items. I would advise extreme caution.
    #Ma'jinblu likes this.
  5. Flying Anonymoose

Flying Anonymoose New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31172344
    If you have a feeling of uncertainty then it's generally a good idea to go with your gut feeling and pass on the trade. I'd rather regret not making a trade over getting scammed and losing the items.
    #Ma'jinblu and Roudydogg1 like this.
  6. Tony Reigns

Tony Reigns New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51539823
    +1

If you're not 100% sure it's a safe deal, don't do it. Never let any deal no matter how profitable it is for you, cause you to go through with a deal you're unsure of.
  7. #Ma'jinblu

#Ma'jinblu New User

Steam:
    Thanks for the reply :)
  8. #Ma'jinblu

#Ma'jinblu New User

Steam:
    Yeah, I'm not :(... Thanks for the reply :)
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  9. Blissharmony

Blissharmony New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:27742888
    I personally would never do a trade where I give someone my item and then they say they will pay me for it in the future. I don't know if it was an item that had to be gifted to given, but even then, it would be too risky in my opinion. Best kind of trades, when it is item for item, is to just do the whole trade at one time. If they have items that are trade locked for a week, probably best to wait a while for those items to be tradable, or even look for a possible better deal, but maybe still wait for those items to become tradable if you can't find a better deal. If they can't wait and want it now, probably best to walk away.