1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Does steamrep keep track of old friends?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Banter, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Banter

Banter New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:57245050
    Hey,
    I had a fallout with a friend on steam quite a while ago. I want to add him again or atleast find his profile again.
    So my question is, does steamrep have a database of your previous friends? If they do, could i get the friends profile back?
  2. prodigyaustralia

prodigyaustralia New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52814116
    It depends if your account has been queried into their website or database. Check your account on the steamrep page, see if you get anything useful. Try "Historical Data"
    There's also another website called steamid.co.uk it works well but the data is buggy sometimes.
    Banter likes this.
  3. Banter

Banter New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:57245050
    Thank you!
    I found his profile, didnt see the historical data in the top
  4. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Keep in mind that steamrep only saves data when a user queries for that steamid. It's quite possible for someone to add, talk, remove without ever being saved by steamrep.
  5. Blissharmony

Blissharmony New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:27742888
    I added some old friends through doing this, no idea who checked it to query my profile back then, I don't think I did any trading at all.... if I remember I was a F2P for tf2 haha
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Some ppl check all ppl they add.
  7. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Isn't there a chrome extension that does that?
  8. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    Enhanced steam
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    I think it uses our API, that does not let our site load in a browser on the profile. Which is what is needed to let SR read the API of STEAM and make a historic entry.
  10. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    Then there probably isn't an extension, unless @Salmon's thinking of something else like steamidconverter's extensions or something...
  11. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    there have been a couple plugins. SR is working on one, which will started to be ported to chrome once the one for firefox is working to satisfaction.
    @n0:name made one, currently no idea if that one is working (I used it before SR made their own, and it had some problems when valve changed their settings on the site, essentially blocking GreaseMonkey, while SR's was native)
  12. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    Got anything against making my own similar thingg? Personally I hate firefox and chrome, memory hogs.
  13. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    nope, the API is free to use, only high usage counts will in the future require a API key, but that hasn't been build in yet.

Unless you go about checking thousands per hour, it will be pretty sure be no problem.

And regarding memory hogging: got 16 GB, no problem.
  14. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    Awesome, I know I'm going a bit of topic but one last question, Does steam itself limit the amount of checking? I.E like your (Steamrep) checking steam profiles or other similar websites such as steamid.co.uk or steamidcovertor.com such as grabbing that users profile data.
  15. prodigyaustralia

Steam:
    Wait, nevermind, answered my own question. xD
  16. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam itself has a limitation of 100K API calls a day if I remember correctly.
    prodigyaustralia likes this.
  17. n0:name

n0:name FoG Owner Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26752334
    Mine is still working, but you have to disable CSP for it (not really recommended).
    I gave up on it in the meantime.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.