1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

My appeal has been pending for over two years. Something about steamrep needs to change.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by samhudson333, Jun 22, 2015.

1. samhudson333

samhudson333 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20671375
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198001608479-sr-caution.23028/

If there is truly a two year backlog on reports and appeals, then steamrep is completely failing to keep steam trading safe and fair. I still get harassing comments on my profile and on reddit due to my erroneous tag. If it takes admins two years to even touch an appeal, then tags should no longer be given out, because there is no way that they can be kept fair.
    DreadPirateFury likes this.
  2. DreadPirateFury

DreadPirateFury New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:6393040
    I literally just made a post about this, check under you friend. I'm with you.
    samhudson333 likes this.
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Love that it's coming from two marked users. Complaints like this were addressed in SR's reddit AMA. Suggest you read up on it.
  4. prodigyaustralia

prodigyaustralia New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52814116
    @DreadPirateFury is marked for having a hijacked account
    The other guy, trading with a scammer, that's his fault lol,
  5. samhudson333

samhudson333 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20671375
    That's not what happened. I've never traded with anyone marked. But regardless, no matter the situation, it's sickening that an appeal has been pending for two years with no attention.
  6. prodigyaustralia

prodigyaustralia New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52814116
    fair enoughh
  7. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    "steamrep is completely failing to keep steam trading safe and fair" Sounds to me like youre saying SR is the sole people responsible for keeping trading safe?? I find that hard to believe considering self-awareness is one of the most important things IN safe trading.
  8. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    I do believe that steamrep could do more to quickly tag the clear cut scammers - impersonators, invoice senders, and successful scams. (which is why I've been helping in reports, and applied to be a mod)

In general though, steamrep does quite well in notifying users when someone is potentially a scammer. Lots of scammers tagged, and those not yet tagged often have reports against them. I see so, so many people getting scammed by scammers that already have reports against them, it's not that steamrep isn't doing their part, it's that too few people check steamrep.

As you've said and I totally agree with you, self-awareness is the most important thing in safe trading.

A "tip of the day" would go incredibly far in helping to quickly educate traders and help them avoid scams. I think that if steamrep provided the tools & asked the trading communities to participate they could vastly cut down on the number of successful scams and hence reports being made. Messages such as “Invoices aren’t a payment!”, “Profile +reps don’t mean anything!” and “The only way to check an impersonator is with steamid64 & SteamRep!” (with links to more detailed information) would help stop all these scams that rely on users being naive - which is nearly all of them.
    DAFISH#got scammed D: likes this.