1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Prevention is better than cure (to avoid scammers)

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Crystal Nova - lce, Jul 7, 2015.

1. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61533793
    ur a buyer its easier for ur put money buy thing i dont do tht i only trade but when i was newbie i didnt knew abt many aspects of trading so i resorted to scamming tho it didnt work on experincd once but it workd on newbies like me if i tell u i payed like 20keys for and naked grevvil just because it was a courier and i didnt have it would u believe me? i realy did it kuz i knew nothing the only thing i want to tell is tht i did scam but they wer like petty stuff and tht too long time back now i dont do such stuff instead i try helpin those in need so mayb u understnd wht i am trying to say
  2. Crystal Nova - lce

Crystal Nova - lce New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44202883
    Come back with a new identity is your choice, maybe. Now you sincerely revealed yourself as a scammer before (Steamrep gave me warning when I checked your rep) but it won't change my mind to think that a user who attempted or conducted scam action before will change to become a good user. Also, if you still keep defending your current Steam as someone who already realized of own mistake, it won't change people's thoughts on you.
    If it's so easy for a person to clean his identity on Steam, then what's the point of making Steamrep and VAC penalties for those fraud users?
    Maybe a user can scam a guy today but after a few months he comes back and said he regrets of what he does but actually it might be a trap for those who read.
    p/s: sry for any bad English because English isn't my main language ~ GL HF~
  3. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61533793
    well then y have appeals section anyways? keep reports section only found guilty banned y do evry forum has an appeal section?
  4. Crystal Nova - lce

Crystal Nova - lce New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44202883
    Appeal section is for users to argue the decision made by authorities against them. Something we can say, defend for justice.
    Your situation was totally different. If you really want to appeal, then please go to Steam Support or the appeal section. Not my post to express out your arguments. My post is pointing to users who always attempting in scam for Dota 2 properties.
    What about yours? Mr. m3]A[, this post is just a share of information. I am not creating this post for argument, understand?
    If you want to question me and ask that my points have flaws, then you are allow to do so. But reality is, some of my points can be true because you questioned me in very earlier time by using my points and your Steamrep already stated you as a user who attempted to scam before. So, it's true. If you want to say my points are not true, then go argue with Steamrep or Steam Support. Why you keep asking in my post?
  5. Leogendary ♂

Leogendary ♂ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:96827
    REMOVE MIDDLEMAN LIST is better than cure (to avoid scammers):)
    asdasd.jpg

If there is no Evil Plot Conspiracy inside this world, put the Middleman List back. :cool:
    ALL IS WELL, NO ONE WILL GET MAD & EVERYONE IS SAFE.
    (My point is Middlemanning using by scammers)
    Spread and shout out #Remove #SteamRep #Middleman #List
    #JustLikeTheOldTime #ComeBack #Israel

P.S
    rest in peace Karambit Doppler (My destiny knife):rolleyes:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2015
  6. Leogendary ♂

Leogendary ♂ New User

Steam:
    I supposed to report but when i saw the color yellow rectangular box. I lost my place, MOST OF ALL. *[Pending] :eek:
    So its better to remove *SR MIddleman List* :cool:
    *Justice for the upcoming victimseseses(many) :(:mad:
  7. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Please do not make posts like those in the future.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  8. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    Removing the middleman list is a horrible idea. All that will happen is impersonation will increase because anyone could claim to be a trusted middleman then.

The list at least gives a platform for people to start from. Because the communities that vouch for them are putting their names on the line that their middleman is legit.
    Leogendary ♂ likes this.
  9. Leogendary ♂

Leogendary ♂ New User

Steam:
    With all due respect Owner, Admins, Middlemans, Mods.
    SCAMMERS are horrible too, so Horrible idea will burn them. :D
  10. Leogendary ♂

Leogendary ♂ New User

Steam:
    How come you get "Trade ban" and "SR ban" lately mr penguin?
  11. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    This Penguin has no Valve Trade Ban or SR ban.... only the fake ones.
    Roudydogg1 and Salmon like this.
  12. Leogendary ♂

Leogendary ♂ New User

Steam:
    Ahh, Really? Well i asked penguin thou, i need his reply haha :p
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  13. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You are an idiot sir.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Salmon and Leogendary ♂ like this.
  14. Leogendary ♂

Leogendary ♂ New User

Steam:
    Opss! With all due respect, retired staff
    Lol, who are you? Former Head SR Appeal Admin? Never! How come retired staff? Are you a ✿✿✿✿✿✿ed staff before? :(
  15. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    What made it even better was he "liked" what you said.
    Roudydogg1 and Leogendary ♂ like this.
  16. Leogendary ♂

Leogendary ♂ New User

Steam:
    What a kind of staff he is b4? Did I hear God call me an idiot?
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  17. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    One that speaks his mind, apparently too much.
    No clue what you meant to say, even without the censorship.

I was merely commenting why you insisted on a reply from the REAL Penguin when SilentD already explained to you that you were viewing an impersonators profile. The whole point of making the list is to prevent users like you from falling for impersonators and here you are lobbying for the removal of said list when you cant distinguish the real Penguin from an impersonator even with the list.
    (I understand tho that based on your past replies you will not understand a word of what I just said anyhow but.. yolo)
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    Enstage and Leogendary ♂ like this.
  18. Leogendary ♂

Leogendary ♂ New User

Steam:
    lol you really don't know. Have a nice day doug! :oops:
  19. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @Leogendary ♂ Scrapping the middleman list altogether because a few people don't know how to use it is not the best approach here.

If you were truly scammed by someone on that list, Penguin included, you should fill out a report and be prepared to prove it was them. As for trade bans, I don't know why you need it from Penguin himself; you can plainly see from his profile he is not trade banned. Click the 17-digit number below his profile picture in this forum, and it will say he's not trade banned. Then click the link to his Steam profile, and you will see there is no "Trade banned" warning on it.

Hint: Never trust a link sent to you in Steam chat as proof of trustworthiness.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Emeritus, Moderating, SteamRep Friend Members, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**
  20. Leogendary ♂

Leogendary ♂ New User

Steam:
    Ok, Admin Lava. :)