1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Invalid Report: 76561197997204138 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by InvaderToast, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InvaderToast

InvaderToast New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:48878435
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561197997204138

Victim profile: 76561198058022598

What happened? Description:
    On this guys profile he makes some claims that are not true: "8 years of Service" he has 7. "750+ hours played on CS:GO" he has barely over 300. "20+ pages of rep" He has 6. In his 6 pages, some of the people have given him +rep more than once. Basically saying that everything on his profile is fake and when I pointed it out he called it a "waste of time". He also says that he is not a trader in chat but his profile says otherwise. Found that part funny.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshots of the limited conversation we had, his text wall of fraud, his hours on CSGO, and each page of rep the guy has. The redundancies are easy to see.​

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      971.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      359.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      505.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      505.1 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      519.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Phrazen #WTB>Skins

Phrazen #WTB>Skins New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47851485
    He didn't scam you in any sort of way.

Report type: Impersonation with intent to defraud

Where is he impersonating anyone?
  3. InvaderToast

InvaderToast New User

Steam:
    You sure you're OK? Never said anywhere that he scammed me just reported him for rep fraud. Glad to see you can read at a middle school level though XD. I could have reported him for fake reputation vouches, which arguably may have been a better choice but his "wall of text fraud" as I like to call it was either copied or fabricated. He is impersonating a reputable trader (don't really know who I imagine it's whoever he copied that from if he did). That part if not rep fraud hes just lying about who is is on his profile. Since you've never posted a report thread before you probably don't know this but you can't report someone for 2 things on the same post.
  4. InvaderToast

InvaderToast New User

Steam:
    I can send you some ice or some aloe if you want? Those burns look pretty bad.
  5. Phrazen #WTB>Skins

Steam:
    Not here to argue with an immature person, but steamreps investigation policy does not support fake rep or fake profile reports.

And yes, the accused most likely wrote all that fake information to be more legitimate, that does not mean he's impersonating anyone.

* Read SteamReps investigation policy before posting useless reports.
  6. InvaderToast

InvaderToast New User

Steam:
    Wow he pulls out the immature card early! Power move right there. Here's the thing: I highlighted my case pretty well against your claim that my report is invalid. Someone who is less mature, say someone who can't read and makes claims like "he didn't scam you in any sort of way" without backing it up, would probably go about that differently than how I did. I can understand the self-defense mechanism in your brain prompted a rash response but come on man think for a minute. You were here to make yourself feel big by trashing on someone else's report, and you got roasted like a Thanksgiving turkey as a result. I am familiar with their investigation policy I have actually posted report threads remember? I did not report him for fake rep I reported him for the fraud on his profile that he copied off of another user(I'll get to that in a moment). As for your first response which highlighted the specific part of the SteamRep policy this was in violation of that I assume was rejected or deleted for some reason (probably because it was a garbage response) I threw that into the report as a warning, I did not report him using that as a primary reason. Now, I checked a few words on his profile and came up with this user here (look at screenshot) I understand it is a lot of read for someone like you but even you should be able to see that these strange symbols that come together to form larger pictures are the same between these two profiles. The user's profile is also private and trade banned but it still comes up on Google. We probably have an alt here, boys. Well it looks like something nice came out of your stupidity! I'll toss you a quick follow for that ;) thanks for using your useless comments to help me find him.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      273.6 KB
      Views:
  7. InvaderToast

InvaderToast New User

Steam:
    Oh if necessary I can post his profile, there's nothing on there except a trade ban because it's private but it's up to the admins. But seriously dude let me know we should probably call 911 I don't know how much permanent damage there will be here if we don't act quickly the burns are probably 3rd or 4th degree at this point.
  8. Phrazen #WTB>Skins

Steam:
    TL;DR

Also what you claim to be "burns" is the part that ur immatururity comes out.

Have a good one.
  9. InvaderToast

InvaderToast New User

Steam:
    Laziness and can't spell for your life, where yours shines. Likewise man.
  10. CCPD

CCPD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54421459
    It would be a good idea to stop this meaningless activity, before it actually annoys a member of staff.
  11. InvaderToast

InvaderToast New User

Steam:
    We found the alt of a known scammer who was trade banned and defeated probably the sole argument against the validity of my report. I would claim that it was the opposite.
  12. CCPD

CCPD New User

Steam:
    I know, that's what I meant. Try to make staff's life easier and make posts that are relevant to the report.
  13. InvaderToast

InvaderToast New User

Steam:
    Wait what? All of these posts except the last 2 we said were relevant because they determined what I stated above.
  14. CCPD

CCPD New User

Steam:
    Staff will decide if report is valid or not. Posting who got "burned" more is unnecessary, irrelevant and only makes review process longer.
  15. InvaderToast

InvaderToast New User

Steam:
    Oh good you actually read it. And yes, but it helps to have arguments on both sides while they're deciding. Having fun while doing this is the only way to keep yourself sane. Otherwise you can feel your brain cells committing suicide as you try to talk to and reason with these people. I don't know how much experience you have with this because you made your profile private. As for the speed of the process, I would imagine that the admins only look at the parts with actual evidence with them. Calling BS on your claim since you're implying that it costs drastic amounts of time when reports are discussed when they just take a lot of time because there aren't a whole lot of staff.
  16. CCPD

CCPD New User

Steam:
    Staff doesn't know which post contains information relevant to the report and which is just worthless bickering. They still have to read each post to determine what it is. The more worthless posts in report the more staff's time unnecessary wasted. It's not BS it simple logic. It's best to keep discussion limited between accused and victim. And anyone who has relevant information or evidence to support one or the other. It wasn't Phrazen #WTB>Skins' place to determine if this report is relevant or not, but it also was no need for your childish "burned" reply, which provoked all this. Lets keep it civil and clean.
  17. InvaderToast

InvaderToast New User

Steam:
    So you're saying that Phrazen, yours, and my posts slowed down this process incredibly? That's where I disagree with your "simple logic". Partially agreeing with you in the second part but as I said before, if I take this completely seriously I would not be able to do this. If you're talking about provocation, his tone provoked my response. Just as you randomly jumping into the conversation after it had just ended without entirely reading any of the posts in the thread provoked my response.
  18. InOx (A.C.A.B 1-3-1-2 )

InOx (A.C.A.B 1-3-1-2 ) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43548339
  19. InvaderToast

InvaderToast New User

Steam:
    Nice to see this got one person to report him :)
  20. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.