1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. LokiVirus

LokiVirus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55702825
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    He claims to "see" some there that is not... and this gets into the grey area. You can make a report, but it probably won't get accepted. Tbh, I would report it to the reddit moderators, they'll prolly ban the guy from the subreddits. The hot iron here is the faked price check... , not too sure currently on that one...

and we list accounts with the standard blocks we use:
    | steamname: GeT_RiCe
    | steam3ID: [U:1:19311046]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:9655523
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979576774
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197979576774

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Please refrain from such "advertizing".
  3. Mario ♥ C.

Mario ♥ C. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:105751338
    Why i have SteamRep banned? ??
  4. Laur | WTB> Skins/keys

Laur | WTB> Skins/keys New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:18725518
    An admin or moderator can help me?
    I have a serious issue here, for no reason i just got banned on steamrep for alternate accounts, where are the proofs that i use those 2 accounts? We have a clan on csgo and we play together, that's why i have this 2 guys on my friend list. I really hope that this issue can be fixed by someone who understand that i got banned unfair on steamrep.

Thank you for understanding and have a beautiful day .
  5. Laur | WTB> Skins/keys

Steam:
    I forgot to mention something, after i donate $12 to steamrep to become a steamrep donator in max 1 hour im banned on steamrep, i just want proofs that i used those 2 accounts before, like same IP or something like that .

Proof of donation : http://imgur.com/gTctYoo

After i got banned the money was refunded back to me ..
  6. kindlyjoker

kindlyjoker New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:91092778
  7. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    All donators to SR undergo a check to make sure they are not suspicious and if so, the donation is refunded. During the course of them checking you, they identified you as a likely alt of a marked user. Your donation was refunded and you were tagged. SR does not give away their methods for identifying how they link accounts, saying that.... took a peak for myself, it was not a mistake you were tagged.

If you want to appeal, post a thread in the appeal section. Hope that helps.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  8. Laur | WTB> Skins/keys

Steam:
    And why im tagged as a scammer if i have no reports on steam rep ?
    I dont understand this bullshit, really .
    Get banned for nothing !
    If i have any friend on my steam account witch are banned on steamrep im banned to ? This it's to ridiculous !
  9. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Had nothing to do with who was on your friends list, that is just stupid.
    You were banned for being an alt of a banned user as your profile says. I am not SR anymore tho so I am unable to comment further on your case. As previously said, you can always appeal it if you think their was an error.

http://forums.steamrep.com/forums/appeal/
  10. Laur | WTB> Skins/keys

Steam:
    Ok mate, thank you for helping me :)
  11. Burk very angry

Burk very angry New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42283035
    Hey, (not so recent actually), a few months ago I donated to Steamrep, only for a few days later it got refunded because I put on my trade that I'm a donator. Could you guys remove the restriction so I can donate?
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    The restriction will not be removed in your case.
  13. Burk very angry

Burk very angry New User

Steam:
    I don't even know why the restriction was really there in the first place, I just made an assumption that was the issue.
  14. RuhaI

RuhaI Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60262405
    Any reason why an ex-mod would keep their green shield?
  15. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Who are you talking about?
  16. RuhaI

RuhaI Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60262405
    I'll PM you, I was just curious as it's still been there for over a year.
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Think you already found that you can't PM me. I'll open a PM with you.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  18. Burk very angry

Burk very angry New User

Steam:
    So why do I have a restriction in the first place/.
  19. Antosheek

Antosheek New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8972183
    Steamrep donation is approved only by "cleanest of cleanest" people. Someone might tryto show other they are somehoww "trustworthy" by having a donator reputation tag. The tag (and donation itself) is not meant to be any sort of proof of someone's cleanness, so if you would use it like that, it would get rejected. One should donate only with the sole intention to help this community and those people to cover their costs of this site running.

This isn't an official answer, just what had been written somewhere here before.

I also have a question:
    I have been recently impersonated again, and I'd like to ask - what is the most effective way to fight with this? Changing profile information/name/picture doesn't help as they might change it too.
    I (and a lot of other people) reported him on steam repeatedly, and he's already sr community banned. But he keeps on scamming and people then make reports on me instead of him both here on steamrep and other sites (backapck.tf etc) .
    I was impersonated before by some phishing bots, and steam wasnt able to rename/chane picture/trade ban them after about half a year (see http://steamcommunity.com/search/users/#filter=users&text=antosheek ) so I'm wondering if is there something else I should do?

I put up a steam support ticket for the old phishers impersonators, but steam changed name and picture only on 2 of those.
    Should I put a steam support ticket against this new one too?

And would a copyright infringment on picture through steam official formula be more effecetive than steam support for the old phishers?
  20. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    1. Donations are screened when we get a notification about them (admins can see them come in). That means we research the donator and its possible alts, if issues found, we check if those are valid (likely and/or enough) and/or are real alts or not. There are a number of things we check via that, alts, hijacked/sold accounts, etc. We refund if issues are found that are problematic for our views and have a high enough likeliness to have been done by the donator.

2. Impersonations: there is no use in keep changing your nickname/avatar etc. All you do is confusing those that actually know you. I don't know if you stream or make video's or whatnot, but a small note (spoken) at every start of the stream about it, should help. I'm really not aware of Valve's or Steam's copyright infringement policies etc, cannot comment on that. If you find impersonators of yourself, you can report them here. Unfortunately, for non-admins there is also a extra requirement: having proof that they are using it to scam/fake rep by pointing at your reputation, etc.
    Notifications that admins note on their info box on steam profiles are often of those nature:
    - Tell them you're never using alts for trading (would only use the main for claiming the reputation, they have no need to go on another account to trade whatsoever).
    - Telling people to verify its the real you, by verifying the level, number of badges, owning certain items, creation date of the account etc.
    - Tell exactly with what you trade with, like: Don't trade with paypal (don't have etc), only use Bitcoin, only interested in DotA2 Items, only selling these items etc.

The more specific you are in a short text that limit your exposed surface, the more limited it is that you make it fro the impersonators. Also, making it hard for them to impersonate you by having a certain unique thing that they cannot duplicate and is easily verifiable will make it harder on them (badge, steam workshop items, etc). Don't get me wrong, impersonators will just copy it, and will level up to the level you have, and put up the same badge you have (unless they cannot get that badge....) They will just try to keep impersonate you. But by having features and promote those to everyone and everywhere (streams, youtube video's, rep threads, etc) you make it harder on them to pull it off.