1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198026613181 - (it dat disel? / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by DieselBlue☆, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DieselBlue☆

DieselBlue☆ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33173726
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198026613181 (it dat disel?)

Appeal Plea: I committed some of the listed offenses, but not all of them
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Missing - Evidence is missing or not enough
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before, but was told to handle other tags or to fix something else before my appeal

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    1143 days ago:
    1143 days I have been permanently banned on steam rep and other trading sites. My slate was clean before the event and I never had any reports of scam attempts before and I was just getting into unusual trading. Server hopping from trade server to trade server I jumped on to a server named after the famous "PinkTaco" who of which I had heard of before. I will cut the story short but I though it would be funny if I would impersonate Pink Taco to get peoples reactions when I joined the server. I copied and pasted his Steam name into my settings and that was it. I didn't change my avatar or anything else. Just my name. I rejoined the server and too my disappointment no one reacted as people were more excited about someone who just unboxed an unusual team captain in which I congratulated him for and left after that. I had impersonated PinkTaco for exactly 5 minuets:
    http://files.steamrep.com/1/2012-06/Screenshot-2012-06-23_01.54.34.png
    I woke up next morning to my worst nightmare of having this scammer tag on one of my favourite trade servers. In the confusion as to what I had done wrong some one helped me come to this site where I had learned I had made a huge mistake in impersonating PinkTaco who was the head admin on that server. Now people convict me of an actual scammer, some one who steals items from people, which is impossible to do in 5 minuets. I also made No trades during the time I was named PinkTaco:
    [​IMG]

I was told to try to appeal but I was to immature to understand what the admins there wanted. Which was evidence I hadn't scammed anyone during impersonating Pink Taco and not ruining his reputation for any longer which is completely understandable. Unfortunately, I had no evidence back then like this picture above which would have probably convince the admins I meant no harm.

So basically I lost all my attempts on MCT and I was extremely angry that I was banned from a lot of servers, websites and my reputation was ruined for ever because of what I had done in 5 minuets, 3.5 years ago. Since then I have still been trading and have gotten myself up to some pretty nice gear whilst keeping my slate clean and I have never impersonated ANYONE since. Although I impersonated someone as a joke once in my life for an abysmal 5 minuets I have learnt about steam rep which I never knew about before and how important my reputation is. Since then I have gained quite a lot of feedback from my friends who agree with me that it is unfair that I should be banned forever till death because of a 5 minuet joke which hurt no one. Well except me.

Ok the evidence shows you didn't scam anyone during the impersonation time and also shows it was meant as a harmless joke as 5 minuets cannot deal any damage. But how can we trust you wont impersonate someone else?

I would have also put the reason part as a change of heart. The 3 years aftermath I haven't done anything suspicious since. I have been a fair and honest trader who has earned his way up to about 150+ keys in valuable items. I have traded with people through BP.TF for expensive unusual and have never had another report or unhappy person come back to me since. My name history is 100% clean and I wish to be allowed back into the trading community without being called scamming scum by people who don't even know what happened but see my tag and instantly assume I have stolen $1000s of dollars from fair people which I have never and never wanted to do. All I ask is for a bit of mercy and understanding as I have gathered a lot of feed back from friends who said I have been extremely harshly punished.

Thank you for reading. And please read all of it, I have had people in the past comment on things that were covered in the text.

Do people want tl;dr on here?​
  2. DieselBlue☆

Steam:
  3. DieselBlue☆

Steam:
  4. DieselBlue☆

Steam:
    IMG
  5. DieselBlue☆

Steam:
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You already appealed multiple times with MCT and were denied twice. (banned on attempt 3)
    We looked into your complaint last time about being banned/not being able to appeal and that turned out NOT to be the case.

SR will not do anything for you. NO appeals. NO nothing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.