1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How does SteamRep collect information on users?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by |||Dobroslav Augustin, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. |||Dobroslav Augustin

|||Dobroslav Augustin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44042645
    I would like to know how SteamRep collects information. My 12 year old sibling wishes to sign up for a steam account but my parents don't feel comfortable with you taking any information on them. Could I see your privacy policy? I can't seem to find it? I don't want my brother getting harassed as a result of this website.
  2. Flying Anonymoose

Flying Anonymoose New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31172344
    The only data SteamRep can collect is data publicly available on your sibling's Steam account.
  3. |||Dobroslav Augustin

Steam:
    But don't they use tracking cookies? I would like to see their official privacy policy not some community member speculating how they do their job.
  4. |||Dobroslav Augustin

Steam:
    If they access this website while browsing what information would you store? I wish to know exactly how it is done.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Only the owner can answer your question, I have let him know of this thread and locked this topic until after he replies since you dont want answers from anyone else.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Flying Anonymoose likes this.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    notes:

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.