1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198172146870 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ✪ Joelele, Aug 15, 2015.

1. ✪ Joelele

✪ Joelele New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:59342486
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198172146870

Victim profile: 76561198078950701

What happened? Description:
    Hello! My question is if you could help me out with a tradescam wich occured : 2015-08-15

This guy ( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198209554169 ) (his real account http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rolex183484) messaged me on steam and wanted to offer steammoneycard from G2A.com for my knife. After I made a trade on ''csgo lounge'' wanted he to add me and talk on skype. At this moment I thought he was legit and not a scammer so I trusted him. We talked for a few minutes and he said he wanted to record me sending him a tradeoffer, so I started screensharing on skype and he said it didnt work. After that he wanted me to download a program which he said would work and he would see my screen. I went on to download the program and I sent the tradeoffer as he commanded me. Somehow he took control of my mouse and accepted the trade which contained my knife (Gut knife Scorched) and my M4a1-S Nitro via email and blocked me on steam and skype. (link to the program https://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx) Greetings - Joel Hedlund​

Provide Evidence:
    I attached the trade-scam which is the one first on the tradelist, I didnt screenshot the chat but my friend did, he used the same metod as he used on me! View attachment 307529 View attachment 307531

Attached Files:

2. alkon

alkon SteamRep Moderator

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54985637
    @✪ Joelele
    Your items are probbably lost for ever. Steam rep cant recover than sadly. Nothing can be really done here be expect admin giving him scammer tag. I can give you few advices about trading like that.

-Never download anything, dont even open link
    -Never ever use team viewer. The porpuse of this program is mostly giving your computer acess to other people.
    -If someone ''hacks'' in your computer and takes controll over you, you can always un-plug it from internet or from power supply (in case if its PC and not laptop)
  3. Rolex 3

Rolex 3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:105940571
    This has nothing do with me. I did not receive a knife from you nor did I talk to you. This is completely uncalled for and ask you to file a report against "El Kappa" and not me.
  4. Develop

Develop New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:48212034
    I'd advise you report BOTH the involved and insure proper evidence. You're also encouraged to petition to steam support explain to them the same thing you explained to us here, and I'm sure they can help. Tell them specifically to check chat logs of him requesting you to download Teamviewer. Tell them you had no clue what it did, and he hijacked your pc. I also encourage you to uninstall Teamviewer. Never download ANYTHING anyone sends you. EVER
  5. ✪ Joelele

✪ Joelele New User

Steam:
    Thanks for help @Develop @alkon7 I guess you learn from your mistakes as Im not a frequent trader. @Rolex3 yes I know that you have nothing to do with this beacause i reported "Rolex" and not you "Rolex3". The accused even has "El Kappa" on his friendslist AND the link on his profile ("El Kappa") reffers to ANOTHER Rolex. Why does it exist 2 almost identical profiles on steamrep? And why does the two accounts ( one level 10 and one level 12 ) reffer to the same steamrep (level 10) account?
  6. ✪ Joelele

✪ Joelele New User

Steam:
    @Rolex3 if you are not affiliated with this scam/event why would you defend "Rolex"?
  7. Romanian Beast

Romanian Beast New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:124614871
    do u notice how he responds with I in those steam messages

he is affiliated both accounts need to be reported and convicted asap
  8. Develop

Develop New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:48212034
    they have automatic systems which link the two accounts
    probably to attribute to ips or something, anywho by posting here, he may or may not have convicted himself
  9. Rolex 3

Rolex 3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:105940571
    Bollocks. I'm not associated with that account whatsoever, and an admin will tell you I'm not.
  10. Duru Tha King

Duru Tha King New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:132205602
    Rolex your defensive replies shows you are caught and using another user to scam players. You even have another person on your profile with the accused profile of Rolex. You are the one scamming using a suppose fake account yet that account is on your friends lists
  11. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Hello,
    I apologize for the delay in responding to this report. Unfortunately, we will be unable to proceed with the report due to the following:
    • By policy, we do not accept reports dealing with steam codes/cards.
    • The entire chat conversation appears to be either incomplete or missing, of which would contain the ENTIRE trade agreement and is vital for a report to be processed.
    • Screenshots must be full screen, uncropped, and unedited.
    As such, this report will be marked Invalid. Please read this guide: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/ and https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/ prior to submitting a report.
    Regards.