1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198174591541 - (Zerpenn / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Zerpenn, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Zerpenn

Zerpenn New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:107162906
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198174591541 (Zerpenn)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Hello to anyone reading this!
    I recently just got done talking to Penguin The Fluffy (person who banned me) and I think he misunderstood the evidence that was given.He told me i was banned for
    "Impersonating with intent to scam or abuse reputation" Now that we got that out of the way lets get in to what happened.

My friend messaged me asking if i would like an easy way to make free skins. I replied with "yeah" because who doesn't like free skins :) All he told me to do was change my profile picture, name, etc and wait. I had no idea on to what was going on (I personally thought i would get skins for advertising something) He told me he was going to invite me to a group chat and someone would be trading us a knife. After I joined the group chat i saw him obviously trying to scam the other person in the chat and started painting the picture in my head on what was actually happening. The person with the knife was about to send me the trade offer and i denied it and told him that this was fake and to unfriend my friend. I would of not been able to live with myself if i scammed that knife off him, so i did the right thing and denied the trade offer (nothing was taken).

I had no intent on scamming anyone and i defiantly had no intent on ruing penguin's reputation. In the end i did the right thing and I learned from what has happened. I think i have been mistakenly banned and think it should be reversed.

Thank you to whoever is reading this :)
  2. Zerpenn

Zerpenn New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:107162906
  3. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After a review, you were correctly tagged for impersonating an SR green tagged user, backed up by our own information and by your admission, to fake mm scam.
    Such an offense is too serious to consider any appeal for. As for your claim of "not knowing", however unlikely, is impossible for you to show anyhow.

Appeal denied.