1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198066463849 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ✯Anonymous57 シ, Aug 30, 2015.

1. ✯Anonymous57 シ

✯Anonymous57 シ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:68025035
    If he really wants to be a mod or admin, he should do what an admin or mod should do, and give the item back instead of wasting their time to do it them selves!
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  2. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Admins do not help in giving items back. Steamrep does not return scammed items. Steamrep only applies a scammer tag, so that scammer accounts get banned from the community.

The admin who reviews this will not take into account any random accusations that you throw. They may take into account the fact that you're using friends/alts to spam misleading and accusatory posts that lack evidence. They will generally only care about the actual evidence you can provide.

I, as an independent user, was randomly contacted by the accused who wanted to sell the item. I was talking to him, and noticed the report. As I do not currently hold a position in staff here (staff have a "no sting operations" rule) and I was also not performing a "sting" but was contacted by the accused's own volition, I decided to hold the taunt until this gets resolved.

@Aliasing Please learn to read, I'm not going to waste my time explaining very clear things.

As I am not an admin or mod, I cannot declare any opinion on this case except that it is ongoing. Hence, I cannot give the item to either the victim or the accused until an admin decides what happened.
    L0qi_PL likes this.
  3. ✯Anonymous57 シ

✯Anonymous57 シ New User

Steam:
    Oh, so you're saying, that if an admin never replies on this thread, you get to do anything with the scammed item? That isn't a good idea to take it from the scammer, not to mention again, YOU'RE ON HIS FRIEND'S LIST
  4. Salmon

Steam:
    I am on his friends list because he had to add me to attempt to sell it to me. My steam friends history is public on steamrep, you can see that he only added me today.

An admin will most definitely see this thread very soon.

If you're telling the truth, this is the best case scenario for you. This report would not have been seen for six months otherwise. As well, the item would have been lost forever. Now, the report gets processed much faster and if you're telling the truth you get the item back.
  5. ✯Anonymous57 シ

✯Anonymous57 シ New User

Steam:
    It's not my unusual, i'm helping a friend that i hardly even know, I just want you to give it back to him, and yes, every single thing i said was true
  6. Salmon

Steam:
    Do you also have all the evidence you can get uploaded? If so, then stop posting, tell @Aliasing to stop posting, and wait for an admin.
  7. ✯Anonymous57 シ

✯Anonymous57 シ New User

Steam:
    If you wanna talk, then just add me on steam
    I want to group chat
  8. BoxTrot

BoxTrot New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:131956672
    Scammers names:
    http://imgur.com/er9puCe

When he scammed me :
    http://imgur.com/NYupou9

His name crappity crap can be seen on the scammers names
  9. BoxTrot

BoxTrot New User

Steam:
  10. Salmon

Steam:
    I realize I wasn't clear enough earlier.

Lefr added me earlier, I assume due to my trade on tf2outpost: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/26762746

When I say "scammed" below I do not mean to pass judgement, simply that from the perspective of a trader who avoids dealing in scammed goods, a report on someone is as good as a tag and thus I assume that all reported users are scammers.

He offered me the taunt for a decently low price. He was clearly trying to quicksell. I saw the report when I added him, and thought I would have to turn down whatever he offered as he was an accused scammer. Instead, I realized the taunt had been scammed just hours prior. Normally, as I have done with many other reported users, I would have turned down his offer and told him to find another buyer. However, in this case, it was clear that the taunt was freshly scammed. While there is a rule to not do "sting" operations to get an item back, this was not really a "sting" since the accused came to me - I didn't go to them. It was also very clear that this was the exact item in contention and that if I didn't buy it someone else would. So, I decided to take the taunt and hold it until an admin could provide proper judgement.

I have posted my chat with lefr below.

While I have my own opinion of this case, it is irrelevant. All that matters now is waiting for an admin to judge this. Attempting to ask me to return the taunt before an admin passes proper judgement is futile and honestly just makes me question why you want to rush things.

Attached Files:

11. Salmon

Steam:
    Had I any other choice, I would have abstained from participating in this in any way. However, I cannot just sit by and let a scammed item get sold for profit by the scammer.

I've uploaded several imgur photos from throughout this report so that they are properly saved as well as a few other screenshots I took.

Attached Files:

12. ✯Anonymous57 シ

✯Anonymous57 シ New User

Steam:
    thank you :D
  13. Salmon

Steam:
    Some notes:

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    notes:

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  15. BoxTrot

BoxTrot New User

Steam:
    You know when the scammer uploaded that huge text and photo of "Me" saying thats a "Gift" Thats FAKE Senpia pyro was my name on the 28th when the taunt was UNTRADABLE any my name was Boxtrot on the 30th when he scammed me Look at my name history on Salmons post ^^^
  16. BoxTrot

BoxTrot New User

Steam:
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @✯Anonymous57 シ,

I'll comment on what we consider evidence here. And this is severely lacking on this thread currently. Whatever one types as a reply is useless. Accusations, text pastes of conversations, etc.
    We don't like "crop" shots too much.

Screenshot of Chat:
    The full chat box of the conversation. Showing all edges and borders of a the chat window. That includes the message box on the bottom, status line on the bottom, the avatar on top, and window title, etc.
    Basically the entire window of the chat conversation.

Screenshot of Inventory history:
    We need the Steam Inventory History of the traded items, or of that period where this happened in.
    If you didn't trade much within that period, we do need to see at least 2-3 trades of before and after those dates.

Required Steam Settings for this exercise:
    - Open the Steam Browser by double clicking the steam icon in the tray in lower right corner of your screen.
    - On top left, open menu STEAM and select SETTINGS.
    - On the new Settings dialog box, select INTERFACE and enable the tick in front of: Display Steam URL address bar when available.
    - Click OK to close the Steam Settings dialog, applying the setting.

How to make the screenshot(s) and add them to the reply here:
    - In the Steam Browser, go to your Inventory, by clicking your Nickname in the top middle and selecting INVENTORY.
    - On top right, click the MORE button that is shown above the game labels for the various inventories you have, and select VIEW INVENTORY HISTORY.
    - Seek the trade that relates to this on the number of pages you have (look below for the requirements).
    - Go to the start menu and type in the seek box SNIPPING, you will find in Vista and later the SNIPPING TOOL, click it to start it. It directly wants to make a screenshot. Select the full window EXCLUDING the very top of the steam browser window where your LOGIN name is shown. But INCLUDE the Nickname, the steam URL bar fully, both sides and full bottom of the steam browser.
    - Click the DISK icon, or click FILE and then SAVE AS.. , and save it to your desktop.
    - Come back here and make a reply.
    - Drag the image into the reply on the forum from the desktop.

Requirements of the screenshot(s):
    - Exclude the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right.
    - MUST show the Steam URL in top left.
    - MUST show the NICKNAME in top middle.
    - MUST show the Steam window fully from left side to the right side of the window.
    - MUST show the related trade from the day before to up to at least 2 days after the trade or current date if that is earlier.
    - MUST show to the bottom of the steam browser window.
    - You are NOT to edit the screenshot, and NOT to blank out anything.
    - If you are using a custom skin, we will require you to redo this with the default Steam skin.
    For an example, click this screenshot: http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-10/2014-10-12_20-16-58.png

------------------------------------------
  18. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    The types of evidence we need for a case:
    - Chat screenshot which starts with the trade agreement (X for Y) up to the conclusion of the chat.
    - Proof of trading the items OR not traded the items, depending on the case.
    - Proof of paying / receiving money OR NOT getting paid etc.

So that is both sides of the trade to be shown and the agreement that was struck.
  19. BoxTrot

BoxTrot New User

Steam:
    Ok but to get mine and lefr33s recent chat I'm going to need him to be my friend on steam but he has blocked me what do I do?
  20. BoxTrot

BoxTrot New User

Steam:
    BTW I am the person that got scammed