1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I sold a steam gift that got charged back

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by [VON*]Paragon, Sep 1, 2015.

1. mint

mint New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:18565482
    I sent a ticket to steam support 2 days ago, and nothing happend... and no answer from paragon either.
  2. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    When I get home from my sister's wedding (out of state atm) I will get on my desktop and dig up some cases I helped that didn't get anything because it involved items outside the trade window. It was mixed trades. So long as they don't mention the outside trade portion they should be fine. I will also ask my friends in support to try to clarify more on the exact policy they have in place for it.
  3. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Oh definitely, I know it only applies to things in the trade itself.
  4. Nutik

Nutik New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:93410184
    I have submitted a steam support ticket about a damaged steam card once, it took 3-4 weeks for a reply. You gotta wait for them, sadly.
  5. mint

mint New User

Steam:
    Juast have a reply from them. And they cant do enything. Because the trade was made in diferent windows.

So, what now? any ideas?
  6. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Live and learn.
  7. mint

mint New User

Steam:
    So, te guy that sell me the game, is not responsable?
  8. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    The payment for the game was PROBABLY cancelled by the original buyer. If the person you got the game from is not the original buyer then he is NOT responsible for what happened to you/the game.

There are reasons for which Valve/Steam made restrictions regarding trading Steam gifts etc.

To make it simple: If you want to be safe, either buy the game from Steam store yourself or get it by making THE ENTIRE TRADE in Steam trade window.
    Roudydogg1 and =[o.W.n]= FD GoD like this.