1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198061483203 - (Mopo / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by CartoonPhysics, Jun 19, 2015.

1. CartoonPhysics

CartoonPhysics Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50608737
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198061483203 (Mopo)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Hello, I attempted to scam Phil, http://steamcommunity.com/id/philldude, about 2 years ago. At the time I was immature and was going through some family issues, so I didn't think about the consequences just the prospect of getting a free game. I have since matured from then and have not attempted to scam after the event took place. The reason my appeal is 2 years after the offence is because I did not know about this website and I have recently tried to start betting CS:GO items. I just want to bet but a stupid mistake is preventing me from doing so.

I did not actually scam any items from Phil.

In the repayment I put I repaid him, but I didn't actually give him any items or games as he has forgiven me and does not want any. i have proof of this in the form of a screenshot.

Thanks for your time in reading my appeal.​

Attached Files:

2. CartoonPhysics

Steam:
    Salmon likes this.
  3. CartoonPhysics

Steam:
    I know you aren't supposed to bump these, but this is a few months old and hasn't been responded to.
  4. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    Does it matter how old it is? Just don't bump things, it isn't going to help.
  5. CartoonPhysics

Steam:
    Hello, Sorry if this is being annoying, but my appeal hasn't been processed and its been over 2 years. I'm not sure if i submitted it at a high volume time and it was overlooked, but I would appreciate a judgement. Thank you.
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    What assurances do we have, if we consider your appeal, that nothing like that will happen again?
    You may add me on steam to discuss.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  7. CartoonPhysics

Steam:
    Here is the first batch of my inventory screenshots

Attached Files:

8. CartoonPhysics

Steam:
    here is the second batch

Attached Files:

9. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After many discussions with you, the offense itself is very severe and we almost never grant appeals for fake MM related offenses. Evidence alone (other then your admission) in this case does not warrant a banned tag and I will not hold you being honest against you in this case. The offense occurred long ago with no reported issues since. Other mitigating circumstances also played a roll in the decision. Tag will be reduced to a caution.

You will not get any leeway going forward with SR issues and you are fully aware of that. This is an exceedingly rare second chance that most people do not get, dont make me regret it and have it affect my decision down the road to similar cases resulting in less favorable outcomes.

Appeal granted.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**