1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. brendan [HAX]

brendan [HAX] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35553083
    Firstly, I want to state that I apologise in advance if I'm messaging you guys in the wrong section of the forums. Anyways, all I wanted to know is where is the best place to ask an SR admin to look into or remove the pending report against me as I do deem it invalid. Again, if this is the wrong place to do so then please redirect me to the appropriate place, thanks.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I looked it over and saw it was regarding duping, archived.
    brendan [HAX] likes this.
  3. brendan [HAX]

brendan [HAX] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35553083
    I appreciate the fast response and thanks for looking into it! :)
  4. RuhaI

RuhaI Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60262405
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  6. RuhaI

RuhaI Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60262405
    Yes.
    Enstage and a Gentleman like this.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok I'll bring it up to whomever is responsible for their tags thanks
    Roudydogg1 and Enstage like this.
  8. brake™

brake™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:63499910
    I am in a pretty hillarious situation and I wanted to ask if I can make a possible report and maybe hear your response about the situation I am in

So I'll try to explain it as short as I can

Me and 4 other people made a group split about a bundle that was beeing sold in one of the bundle sites.
    My key and another person's turn to be not available for our region

The buyer (one of the people who also had part of that split ) told me he had deleted the email for the transaction ( containing the purchase ID ) before he knew my key is not working - thats approximately between 1-32 after he bought the bundle ( 32 minutes after he bought the bundle I had told him about the problem )

I also learned from the buyer he had used prepaid cc and not the Paypal account I send him money to.

Anyways I had a hard time comunicating with him and even "make" him reply as I obviously needed an assistance about that.

Finally the buyer removed me and blocked me acting offended because I had ask him not to ignore me but to reply at some point

Yesterday, obviously after contacting that bundle site staff he had refunded the money to the other person with the same problem - but no money for me.

I can not do much, as I am blocked from him as he felt offended, lthough his ignorrance about the problem so far.

Basically I can not get my money back because he felt offended after all the time he was fooling me around.

And ofcourse he holds all the cards as I am not the original buyer and can not ask for refund from that site myself.

So I am with couple of $ behind because of the hurt feelings of an ignorrant and shady person and all he needs to do is to return the money to my paypal as he did with the other person.

I have all the evidence to provide and see the whole situtation which started on 09.09

I am just asking if thats enough to make a report for Paypal scam or something of that sort.

Sorry for the long post!
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    If you have the chats screenshotted, including the agreeement prior to him buying it, you can report it. And I find it strange that he would delete the email.... pretty stupid and also, there is a "deleted emails" box on most webmail providers (yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc)
  10. brake™

brake™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:63499910
    Thank you for your adequate response.

I have screenshots of all the chats with him, I have screenshots of chats with the other person,admins of the group etc, and I can also provide a link to the thread/Steam group we made a reservation on ( although I am not sure If I am allowed to do that or should talk to its admins ).

You can basically see everything, as I tried to save a copy of all thats beeing going on.

Yes pretty bad to delete that email so soon.

I think he is just acting offended and ignorrant.

Although I didn't use offensive words. And even if I had pushed him too much I don't think its correct to act like that.

Anyways thank you very much. I will make sure to file a report and provide all the evidence
  11. Burgers™

Burgers™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:66971951
    Hopefully this question isn't asked a lot.

I was recently told on a server that I was hacking (I wasn't, it was a young alt account, which i'm guessing is where the accusations came from; besides the point)
    And they said they would "trade ban" me for it. I was curious
    1. Does steam rep do anything involved with hacking?
    2. Can i be assured that I will not be trade banned for nothing? (I have hardly even been trading the past few months, busy with school. I have heard of this sort of thing happening before from iffy sources so i figured I would throw it out here)
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    1. - No we are an anti-Fraud org
    2. - No not really as they can report you to steam using the in steam reporting feature but its unlikely if you aren't doing anything wrong.
  13. Azarith

Azarith New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:74176557
    So I was searching myself up in Google because I was bored, and found two users with the EXACT same name and EXACT same picture. Though according to your website they are both trade banned is there anything else I can do regarding this? Or is this not counted as impersonation?
    People I believe are impersonating me:
    My steam rep number:

I'm just kind of worried as to where they found me or why they have the same name as me, because as far as I know I came up with it first. Because I do a bit of trading I am worried that I may be reported here if a victim who has been scammed by them sees me.
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Once a name is there, others will copy it. And when they google some image "related" to that, they'll find your avatar, and copy that. Unless such tries to actively abuse your rep by linking it, its not impersonation.

Impersonators of Green tagged admins and MM's here on SR are banned on sight, due to the problems those cause to those admins and MM's and the amount of scams happening with them. However, some admins have very common names, and those are with a grain of salt. For instance we had a Partner admin named "Ace", with a ace card as avatar.... The name was too widespread and not unique etc that the intend rule (below) applied.

If they impersonate someone else, it must be found abusing (linking, suggesting to be that account or alt account of etc) their reputation to gain advantage in whom goes first. (intend to scam).
  15. JackfromTull

JackfromTull New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26557217
    Since is my first post here, first I want to apologize for any grammar or english mistakes. English is not my main language.

I have the same concern...
    Two days ago I searched my own nickname on steam search and found two accounts named Jackfromtull:
    Mine of course -> http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198013380163 or custom url http://steamcommunity.com/id/jackfromtull
    And a private one -> http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198191930682

At first i thought it was some kind of bug, but nope.
    As far as I can see on his SR profile, I found nothing on his history regarding scam or other fraudulent activities. In his name history, he use my name since April 16, 2015 and is the only one there. I use this name since 20 Aug ,2014. Back them my avatar was black and white, I just got bored of it and recently colored it myself a couple of weeks ago.

I reported him from his profile for impersonating me, but I don't think it will be more helpfull to report this profile from here since as far I can investigate he just created a profile with same avatar, name and nothing else. But I thought it would be important to post it here just for the record and make SR staff be aware of this.

My first guess is that is some kind of bot.
    From the middle of 2014 to middle 2015 i got a LOT of random adds from private profiles with same names and avatars. A lot of oter steam users had this same problem too.
    Maybe this profile is one of them.
  16. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Not really anything we can do about impersonators. Tagging them, aside from it not being a fraud issue, won't make their profile change back. You'd need to report it to Steam Support. Unfortunately, one of the great issues plaguing the Steam community, even outside trading, for the foreseeable future is impersonation.
  17. CCPD

CCPD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54421459
  18. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I responded to the report.
  19. Anon Omis

Anon Omis New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:67049107
    Is there a way to see the total number of VAC bans historically? I want to see how many profiles were banned over the course of the big spring ban waves.
  20. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    well, even that has a site about it: http://www.vacbanned.com/ they have probably your answer.