1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

My 2 completely different steam tickets merged as one

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Will Banks, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Will Banks

Will Banks New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53059930
    Hey guys, I'm pretty worried.

Recently I was hijacked. I sent in all the info to steam support, and all that jazz. But some guy said I should lock my steam account to be 100% sure that I had the hijacker off my account.

Well I did, and to regain my account I had to contact steam support. I provided all the information I needed and created a new ticket.

But my new ticket combined with my ticket on being hijacked, so now it's all messy and garbled up.

I tried to make a new ticket, but it once again combined the ticket with my hijacked ticket. So now I have like, 3 tickets requesting to regain my account, and one for my items. All compressed into one ticket.

Now I heard recovering a locked account takes 3-4 days, while recovering items is 2-4 weeks.

But now that my 2 tickets are combined, will it take 2-4 weeks instead of 3-4 days?

"Just be patient"

I really can't. I can't be patient that I have no power over or no idea when it will be fixed.

Thanks for reading.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Well, could have left it just in 1 ticket, with a remark you "locked" your account with the e-mail link. And Steam support does do "prioritize" their tickets, I just don't know which criteria, and if you would still fall under them. The more garbage you throw at steam support, the less they read. Steam support has less then 1 minute to handle your ticket, that means they read the first few sentences, and then hit a button with several automatic handling: Reply, action on account, whatever. Some people put in so much but start with the wrong statement at the start and end up getting the runaround for the steam support person understood the ticket wrong by reading the first 3 sentences and hitting a action then.

All you can do is wait. And stop spamming steam support, it will only get you either the runaround or will delay your ticket.
  3. Will Banks

Will Banks New User

Steam:
    thanks for the reply. i dont mean to spam them, i just keep forgetting to add things to the ticket :c
  4. Will Banks

Will Banks New User

Steam:
    should i create a new ticket and close the old one?
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    prolly gets merged :rolleyes: lol
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  6. Will Banks

Will Banks New User

Steam:
    no i mean like, close the ticket, create a ticket for my locked account so i can regain access, after that, THEN i create a ticket to reclaim my items.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    might delay it even more.... for the new ticket apply date will count...
  8. Will Banks

Will Banks New User

Steam:
    thats the word I hate, 'might'. cause i dont know if i keep the ticket as it is, it may take months, or if i create a new one, it would be quicker.

all of this could of been avoided if i just didnt download that "audio drive update" for teamspeak... god im an idiot.

what if i email gabe newell about all this? and just point out the situation and just ask for at least access to my account.
  9. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    If you do, be short and to the point, while still fully explaining the situation. I imagine putting in a conclusion about how much money you spend on Steam might help <3
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Gabe filters all that is not coming from @valvesoftware.com and those not in his whitelist into a spambox.... all he replies will be "file a steam support ticket"...

I literally saw him reply once somewhere on reddit I believe "my spambox was overflowing, so I figured we did something bad"
  11. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Think of this: there are 230 million steam users... the big names will always get spammed by thousands of users. Its useless. If you know some Valve employees, and what they currently do within, you may have a small success in getting something done.

And IF you email him... give him your Steam Support Ticket ID.... really... for without a steam support ticket, he's not going to do anything.
  12. Zoofie

Zoofie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1427757
    Valve prefers that you only have 1 ticket open at any given time, you will unfortunately have to tackle one issue at a time. When your account is recovered you can then choose to reopen the ticket if it is closed or add on to the ticket after they provide your account reset information. There are alot of Steam Users having issues with their accounts and they will get to you eventually. You have no choice but to be patient, there is no way to rush their support team. Also check the help documentation theres alot of warnings of what to look out for and there are also many resources on the steam forums on threats to steam account.
  13. Will Banks

Will Banks New User

Steam:
    alright thanks friend. since i technically have a community ban, will i be able to have that removed? or is that gonna stick on my steamrep?
  14. Will Banks

Will Banks New User

Steam:
    i already emailed robin walker about the situation, just to tell him the tickets combine and that i wanna make sure my steam account wont take longer than 2-4 weeks to be recovered. I decided to email him instead of gabe cause gabe probably gets most of the mail :p

I'm gonna wait a week before (if) i email another valve employee. i dont want to make their work load any harder than it needs to be.
  15. Zoofie

Zoofie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1427757
    The community banned is removed when valve removes it on your account.
  16. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Last time I heard, Robin Walker was working on Dota2....
    Enstage likes this.
  17. Will Banks

Will Banks New User

Steam:
    oh, oops. who works on cs go?
  18. Will Banks

Will Banks New User

Steam:
    awesome, i thought that would stick with me forever!
  19. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Valve tags are just only read from the steam profile (with the Steam API) by SteamRep. We don't (and cannot) edit those. It just reflects on our site if an account was banned in some form by Valve, like Valve's VAC bans, Valve Community bans, Valve Trade Bans, Valve Trade Probations...
  20. Will Banks

Will Banks New User

Steam:
    i see, but who works on csgo?