1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Expectations for Partner Communities and the Topic of MannCoTrading

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by ForteSP, Jun 7, 2015.

1. USAFMike

USAFMike New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20981877
    Just because the list isn't updated doesn't mean Secret doesn't know who is/isn't an admin. Stop being obnoxious.
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
  2. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    I am not an idiot, I am sure he does know who the admins are. I was confused by Reaper's comment, and was asking for clarification. If you don't have anything to add, don't comment. I don't care if you're an ex-MCT admin or not. I don't want you derailing my thread.
    prodigyaustralia likes this.
  3. USAFMike

USAFMike New User

Steam:
    You weren't confused. You asked a facetious question. Which is why I responded.

No one's derailing your thread. If I came in here posting gifs of random crap, that would be derailing. So stop exaggerating. You make this thread and accuse MCT of "absolutely doing nothing to benefit anyone" so guess what, you're gonna get a response from me. And get a response to any other ignorant bs you try to throw out there because you're pissed you've waited for a resolution to your appeal. Not wanting people to post because their posts are completely irrelevant is one thing and not wanting people to post because you know they're not 100% on your side is another. Don't dish it if you can't take it.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  4. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    I'm not throwing insults, you are. I have made no ignorant comments. I am very confident that in 2014 MCT accepted less than 50 reports, you say I'm ignorant, prove me wrong. Prove more than 50 reports were accepted.

regarding my appeal, all I wanted was an ANSWER why it couldn't be reasonably removed. I don't care if it's accepted or declined as long as I get a FAIR ANSWER. I don't care about my caution. I care about making this community as a whole better. Even if it's to my own detriment and you inexplicably, illogically decline my appeal (which I, again, won't be satisfied with unless reasonable answer) I want to see this community improve. I can't say your comments are contributing.

Pissed? You're darn right have I have more than a reason to be pissed. I've put in thousands of hours of work into this community only to have salt old people refuse to give me the time of day I should be given. It takes 5 seconds to grant my appeal. Anyone with eyes can see it's unwarranted and irrefutably misplaced, at this point. I'm not even alone in this either. Hundreds of users with UTC/UHC tags are stuck with their tags. Many others with MCT tags will never get unbanned either because you guys DON'T DO ANY WORK. Everyone sees it, except for you, apparently.
  5. USAFMike

USAFMike New User

Steam:

Heh.

Ah, because I disagree with you? Makes sense.

Yup, that issue has been addressed many times and very clearly. Just because the community doesn't exist doesn't and shouldn't mean the instant exoneration of wrongdoing. You're assuming everyone that was tagged before is somehow innocent as if they never committed the offense. The tags didn't get there magically. There wasn't a raffle that day in the server and "oh hey, bobby, you won! you get a tag!" Just stop dude.

You guys? When did I not do any work? You lived with me when I was an admin to watch what I did?
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
  6. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    I was referring to insults directed at you. Nevertheless, BigMac is provably a homophobic, Transphobe. Multiple users have cited him for making offense comments about their gender identity or sexual orientation. It's irrelevant to the topic, so I will not be bringing in any screenshot proof here, that would be pointless and I as much as I hate BigMac I'm not starting a witch hunt.

And you have not supplied any evidence. I see nothing contributed. I have given copious amounts of evidence and all you're doing is talking and insulting me and getting angry. Please stop commenting. This is suppose to be a USEFUL THREAD. Not an argument. I have shown the facts and shared my opinions. Opinions which multiple members of SR staff and fellow associate community admins agree with.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    "don't" is a contraction meaning do not. Do is a present tense verb. Past would be "did not do any work." I actually remember you were in support of the appeal I put on MCT in August and were the ONLY admin to contribute to that thread. I have nothing against you, but the way you are replying to me now is overly hostile and against the spirit of both SteamREP and this thread. I specifically remember you being one of maybe 2 or 3 admins who were useful on MCT during 2014
    Roudydogg1 and prodigyaustralia like this.
  8. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Be nice children.
    Roudydogg1 and ForteSP like this.
  9. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    If possible could you please delete the unnecessary posts? (Big mac's second post and everything after post #23). I'd be incredibly greatful.
  10. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Note: I hid 3 unnecessary troll or abusive posts. Some others are borderline, but the clearest ones were hidden. If someone wants to see what was hidden, PM me, but these threads should be on topic and relatively civil, please.
  11. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Thank you. I would like the stuff with post #22 and after gone as well (if you're willing, including #29 but excluding YATO's post). I want as clean of a thread as possible so that people who read it really see only the important facts and points. not a salt mine.
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    We generally do not hide posts, unless really outside the borders. Warnings may be given or w/e, or some posts hidden for none of it had any bearing on the topic etc. but thats not the case here.

on another note:
    I've since been talking with Secret, Tony and Sparky.
    They've given me updates on the admins (2 to be removed due inactivity I believe), I will handle that soon, as Secret also told me that your appeal was granted and therefore to remove your MCT Caution tag. I needed to know about it, for if they where accounting in the appeal the 0Gravity0 / Lategum issue or not. They did not, which means our internal thread about it will become active again.
  13. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Feel free contact me about this. I have never been contacted by anyone here on staff about it so I'd be happy to address this issue.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  14. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    That said. I still haven't really gotten any information about the question I asked.

What are the expectations we set out for partners. This thread was not really about getting my appeal accepted (although It would make me to see that resultant) I really want to help push forward a process in which we can get partner communities more involved and re-activize (I just invented a word, but you know what I mean) those communities which aren't so active.

Creating solid expectations will help build a strong foundation for such a result, I believe.
    Lava and Roudydogg1 like this.
  15. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Even the easiest and most obvious of appeals I've had took substantially longer than 5 seconds, or for that matter 5 minutes. Just saying...
  16. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    well yeah, it takes even more than 5 to load the page. 5 seconds was an arbitrary number.
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    You've been active enough around here to know much better then that. Appeals take much more time then reports, for a report is just ONLY that particular report to process, and add alts if found. A report often takes 20 minutes to an hour, depending on the amount of alts found, and how much spam on the report and such. (unless there is a "d0" case, that took near 10 hours of me to read all Reddit whining, bp.tf, etc). Appeals mean reading ALL reports, even the archived ones, fully research alts, the issue, and the claim of the appealer. An easy appeal is on average 1-1,5 hours, a difficult one will take much longer, up to 4 hours on average, and I've had appeals that took me 10+ hours.
  18. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Still hoping I can push this thread.
  19. Doktor Esperanto

Doktor Esperanto New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:3929213
    LOL, go to manncotrading.com and it brings you to a blank page that says "Account Suspended" page. It has been this way for several weeks now. R.I.P in peace Mann Co. Trading. I wonder where people are gonna go to post appeals for MCT tags now . . .
  20. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    We've been discussing this pretty actively last few days.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.