1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Valve: Steam support will be at acceptable point by Christmas

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
  2. Katpolice

Katpolice New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92954363
    Honestly, didn't know that the customer service was that bad. Hope this is a start to more helpful customer service if you look at the amount of users steam get everyday.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I expect NOTHING more then Valve Time.
  4. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Me too. They'll improve slightly by implementing some new policy, then go back to being how they are currently.
  5. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    "Acceptable" by whose standards?
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Good question... they'll add a inquiry after a ticket if the user felt they where helped correctly and completely. The options to choose from are:
    - Excellent Service
    - Great Service
    - Incredible Service

Stats will show that 53 % selected "Incredible Service", 36 % selected "Excelent Service", and 3 % selected "Great Service", remainder of 8 % didn't answer the poll**

** statistics showed that over 80 % of respondents where non-english speakers, which may have influenced the outcome.
    Enstage likes this.
  7. CommunityPolicià

CommunityPolicià New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:147657693
    Why are you guys giving steam a hard time about their backlog when you cant even control your own LMAO
  8. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    you dont have to post from a proxy, sr knows who you are, just saying.
  9. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    SR is a non-profit service run by volunteers in their free time. Valve is one of the largest game publishers in the world.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  10. Dafty™

Dafty™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:2120477
    Phone support would be amazing and/or live chat <33333
  11. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    IF Valve created an actual support division and hired people specifically for support, this would happen. But understandably, they want to keep their company small.

Origin/EA has really great support by the way.
  12. Dafty™

Dafty™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:2120477
    Small??? Well that's out the window ;)

Origin? Are you secretly an Origin ambassador?

I reckon it would be great, I mean they make enough money, especially in terms of live support costs, they're actually really affordable. But yeh :)
  13. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Not sure if this is bait or not because the past 3-4 engagements with Origin, respectively, had me at my wits end. Waiting for hours with what turned out to be simple issues, and then had to contact them again only to find out the issue could have been avoided a long time ago.

One thing they DO have going for them is their live support. Rather, that their support is actually live for the most part, and not automated responses :p
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Live chat/phone is the biggest waste of resources you can find. Takes way too much time and man-hours.

Support is always the worst everywhere, for the users AND the support personnel. Valve with 200+ million Steam users isn't going to be able to handle all that. I don't see Valve "outsourcing" support... not their style and they know that outsourcing is only worse for their users. That means they will have to make their own support department for this, and train their own personnel, and judging from their ticket system, that must be upgraded severely to get things more smooth.

We'll see what Valve comes up with.
  15. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    Except it is small. Extremely small. Financially speaking, it's huge, but we're talking about manpower here. Valve had 330 employees in 2013, so it's safe to assume they still have under 500 employees.

Honestly, I have had great experiences with them and so have my friends. Before I used Origin support, I frequently saw people hailing it, and of course I was skeptical. I haven't had to contact them for major issues though.
    hadeSienberg and Roudydogg1 like this.
  16. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I'd rather stick finger in a blender than do anything with EA or Origin.... I'll never buy another EA Published game.
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    But... but... but... they have free games.....

/me ran even harder when hearing that tho
  18. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    The flu is free too
  19. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    origin only for dat inquisition tho