1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Under Investigation Report: 76561198203068815 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Paradox 2, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Paradox 2

Paradox 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:83568371
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198203068815

Victim profile: 76561198127402470

What happened? Description:
    the guy wanted 5 of my professional killstreak australium weapons which are sniper rifle rocket launcher grenade launcher sticky bomblaunhcer and scattergun he promised me to give 220 keys after i give him these ausies and sell them i waited for 3 weeks he didnt pay me back​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

Emirso2 likes this.
  2. Katpolice

Katpolice New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92954363
    Hey, @Paradox 2 Can you provide:

1. A uncropped screenshot of your trade history showing that you sended the items?

._.
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Please upload your evidence as uncropped screenshots, showing your entire screen, without any edits, i.e. highlights/boxes/indicator marks. In your case, I highly recommend attempting to access those chat logs via a desktop browser and uploading those screenshots. Please also upload a screenshot of your trade history.
  4. theboo64

theboo64 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40328524
    Do you have any screenshots of him agreeing to the trade?
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I'm afraid without something showing the initial trade and the agreement of sending items for brokering and a certain amount of whatever in return will invalidate this report. I'll give the Op time to produce this evidence before proceeding.
  6. Paradox 2

Paradox 2 New User

Steam:
    this is the proof that i gave him the items also the chat screenshots i put are from my mobile because the chat was erased so i was enought lucky to findthe chats from my phone

Attached Files:

Emirso2 likes this.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Yeah as I said I'm afraid that without something showing the agreement for the original trade or discussion detailing what you guys were doing to broker the items there isn't much we can do. If this is all you can provide then I'll have to archive the report.
    Let me know @Paradox 2 Thanks!
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Paradox 2 - please update on status of the agreement/discussion - If I don't hear from you or you provide this in the next 48hours I will have no choice but to invalidate the report.
  9. Extremely Weird D-Bag

Extremely Weird D-Bag New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:121401543
    I like how these guys try their best. "Hey can I sell you some stuff for cash." and later I see a report up for me "scamming" them with no proof on their part. I'd have defended myself earlier but I just saw this report now. As for Paradox, please never try to trade with me again.
  10. Extremely Weird D-Bag

Steam:
    I'd actually like to thank Paradox, whenever I don't go first I don't take screenshots, but this guy has forced me to reconsider that. I guess it's just better for me.
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Extremely Weird D-Bag I guess the question would remain for you since you felt the need to post here is did he in fact give you items to broker? His screens of the chat discussion does validate him sending you things you even admitted it so if you weren't able to "process them" after the fact as agreed did you give the items back?
  12. Extremely Weird D-Bag

Steam:
    Again, if my last post wasn't clear enough he sold me the items for cash. To be specific a bank wire. I told him I was bulk buying keys for a golden pan, and he offered his aussies which were essentially keys. So I said fine, and worked out a price. I haven't talked to him much after that as he didnt seem to make sense and spammed me a lot of random crap. Then he gave up, and I forgot about it. Then I was alerted about this report by someone else. But no, no brokering was involved.
  13. Extremely Weird D-Bag

Steam:
    This is a s✿✿✿ ploy to get extra keys out of me out of a transaction that's hard to provide proof for. I didnt expect this him going first and all. That's the reason he doesn't have any proof, or anything at all to suggest the "brokering" he says it was.
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    So if this was a bank wire - there has to be some sorta receipt of the transaction or documentation. Can you please provide this?
  15. Extremely Weird D-Bag

Steam:
    One last message in a row. The 220 keys for the aussies is correct, but the amount exchanged was actually 1.85 X 220 = 407$, which I rounded down to 400 + fees.
  16. Extremely Weird D-Bag

Steam:
    Alright, just noticed this last message by the mod. Yes, there is a receipt of sorts for the transaction, but I'm not posting it online on a community that moderates video game scams. As much as I don't want to get marked over some kid blackmailing me for 200 keys and am trying to take Steamrep seriously, I'm not interested in providing information regarding my bank accounts which have 1000 times the amount of cash this trade is regarding. As you said, he has no evidence or anything suggesting I was brokering the items for him and didn't simply buy them, and I'm innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. I'd like to leave it at that, sorry.
  17. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I don't see enough evidence to support the accusations. Additional evidence to support the accused would have been handy. I'm going to push for final review by an Admin to make the final call here.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  18. Paradox 2

Paradox 2 New User

Steam:
    I asked one of my friends to talk to this guy about the scam to gather more evidence . He did. I attached the screenshots of the conversation . As you can see he states that I allegedly blackmailed him into giving me extra keys however you can see on the previous screenshots of our chats that he admits owing me the keys.The previous chats are timestamped so you can see that he admits owing me after about a week from the trade.In the current chats i posted he says that he paid the money the same day we traded. If you read the chats it is obvious that he changed his story later on.
    Emirso2 likes this.
  19. Paradox 2

Paradox 2 New User

Steam:
    Sorry I messed up I didnt realise that the chats are too small.

Attached Files:

• e.jpg
      e.jpg
      File size:
      581.3 KB
      Views:
    • e 1.jpg
      e 1.jpg
      File size:
      515.3 KB
      Views:
    Emirso2 likes this.
  20. Extremely Weird D-Bag

Steam:
    You said you were going to report me if I didn't pay you 220 keys pure. I said no thank you, I've done nothing wrong. After you kept asking me to do the same, I tried to play along and try to get a little bit of evidence of you blackmailing me out myself. I failed to do so and was never able to put up a report. I'll gladly cooperate with any admins as much as I can, this guy is unbelievable.