1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Beginners Guide to Trading/Selling

Discussion in 'SteamRep Guides' started by dmtdude, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Cherry 2

Cherry 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60911046
    you have been cheated
  2. MrSp3ctre

MrSp3ctre New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23508498
  3. Narce

Narce New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45613054
    New to the trading scene for CS:GO, un-boxed my Marble Fade bayonet 2 weeks ago and decided to see if I could trade it for couple items on CSGOLounge.

My question is: Why would I need a middleman to trade with someone, if you're honest... why not add me with your main and send me an offer?
    Had someone attempt to get me to use SteamRep middleman, I had no idea who you guys were until yesterday evening and went on to look up reddit
    posts about how backlogged reports were.

Read a few of your guides on trading and about people refusing to use a middleman, I've seen the youtube videos of people being scammed with the middleman
    scam techniques, yes you can check if and who you are trading with is legitimate via databases.

TL;DR - Why use a middleman for an honest trade between two people for items only, no PayPal/Checks/etc involved. I understand that some people use "storage" accounts,
    why not add the person you're trading with on that account for the transaction. I understand how a middleman can be of use if you're trading money-for-item(s) or multiple keys.

Thanks in advance.
    -Narce
  4. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    You don't use a middleman if you're exclusively trading within the Steam economy. You only use one if you're cashing in or out for items, or need an intermediary for other issues where a trade requires trust or someone to go first.
    Narce likes this.
  5. Narce

Narce New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45613054
    Thanks, as I assumed. Appreciate the quick response.

Cheers!
  6. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I'd like to add onto that, if they're asking you to use a middleman for something that could be done entirely within the trade window, they're probably trying to scam you.
  7. Proxi's

Proxi's New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:140107723
    @ Haycia
    only go with the middle man, and by saying u gonna receive your money in 10 days sounds really tricky i would pass on this trade.
  8. Skinigxe_Alice

Skinigxe_Alice New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:179519773
    If there are listed trust MM which will help us to decide who we to use as MM to reduce risk.
  9. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    What...?